[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did this shit even got popular? Sure it's an ok track
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 51WTeI5iulL.jpg (53 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51WTeI5iulL.jpg
53 KB, 500x500
How did this shit even got popular?

Sure it's an ok track but it gained a lot of popularity in just a few days.

And his dance isnt even funny/quirky
>>
normie memes
>>
it's really fucking catchy
like even seeing this thread has gotten the hook stuck in my head again
also it's drake
pretty easy to understand
>>
drake brought vapor hop to the mainstream with that track
>>
Because he had just finished destroying Meek Mill's career and then he dropped this

You'd know that if you ever left your room you pimple-faced white teenager
>>
marketing marketing marketing

helped that it had a catchy chorus
>>
>>61784288
What's wrong with being white?
>>
>>61784288

this dropped before the meek mill debacle dumbass

>>61784297

the track dropped on soundcloud & climbed to top 20 before it was officially sent to radio.

didn't have a video till it hit #2.

you were saying?
>>
>>61784317
lol

"dropped on soundcloud"

You mean pinned to the top of everybody's page for weeks on end. So organic

Doesn't hurt to have the biggest music website in pitchfork shilling for you 24/7 too
>>
>>61784278
thats been his vibe since Take Care (and the singles just before it)
>>
>>61784288
lmao yeah man you actually keep tabs on Drake. White teenagers got nothin on you.
>>
>>61784317
it dropped alongside Charged Up
>>
>>61784288
Do you ever hear people outside of your imagination talk about musicians fighting? No they don't I'd say you're the loser
>>
his funny dance and catchy chorus. Which lead to funny memes
>>
File: Goodbye To a World.png (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Goodbye To a World.png
2 MB, 1920x1200
>>61784268

Yup. It's pretty much a meme for normies. In the same vein as DJ Khaled and his keys to success.
>>
>>61784701
There's actual substance and humour to the DJ khaled keys though. The hotline bling thing was just normal faggots making a meme out of something that wasn't even remotely associated with funny.
>>
It's covers all bases.

>Drake is an A-List artist
>catchy, friendly, familiar jingle
>lyrics about love and girls
>targets all demographics
>funny video
>no stupid shit like swearing, violence or political agendas behind it
>>
ever since i left the city YOUUUU
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.