[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Halp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_9951.jpg (601 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9951.jpg
601 KB, 960x1280
I call upon ye lurkers of /mu/
Can anyone help me identify this particular models name and worth (and anything else honestly)
Someone proposed a trade for it for a Les paul studio I have
Can't find a damn thing on the web so I turn to you all
>>
File: IMG_2188.jpg (651 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2188.jpg
651 KB, 1536x2048
>>
>>61776514
Most likely one of many budget guitars of the 60's and 70's manufactured in Japan. I had a Gibson 335 clone Univox myself. They're neat and I actually really like them, but they're worth almost nothing. Get cash on top of it if you really want it.
>>
>>61776514
No serial number, etc.?
>>
>>61776514

Continuing off of >>61776869
The electronics WILL be shit. There's no way around that. Dime sized pots and shoddy wiring and all that. They're really fun guitars to fix up and upgrade however.
>>
>>61776899
Ill ask the guy but I seriously couldn't find a key for one to begin with. Hell I can't even find a picture of another guitar of the same model at all
>>
>>61776869
its a national, its not japanese

>>61776514
well nationals are known for their resonator guitars, which are fairly pricey. that looks 60s to me. probably not worth a ton but probably more than most of the super cheap jap guitars of the era
>>
>>61776514
http://www.terapeak.com/worth/1966-supro-lexington-s625-electric-guitar-vintage-valco-national-chicago-made/161160299570/
>>
>>61776514
Its a Supro Lexington from the 60s
>>
>>61778049
>>61778074
Its similar, but not the same. Look at the top of the guitar, different head-shape.
>>
why do you take pictures of you guitar in the garden lmao wut a knobhead
>>
>>61778205
I didn't take the photos the owner did
>>
>>61776514
looks cool but id wanna see what the build quality is like. personally i wouldnt trade a les paul studio for it because you could find a similar guitar for $200
>>
>>61778253
I'm completely guessing but I think it could be a budget version of the Supro Lexington by National/Valco or a rebuilt Supro Lexington. The reasons for this being:
1. It has 1 pickup and it doesn't look like the typical pickup that National would use anyway
2. It has a different shaped head than the standard Supro.

Unless its some super-rare National with a tiny production run you SHOULD NOT TRADE. The guitar is very basic looking and probably only worth like 125 bucks.
>>
it's a memphis A2. that is the stock pickup. it's from the 70s. it's worth like 100-150 bucks.
>>
>>61778826
i guess i should add that theres an unbranded version of it that has a teisco type pickup in it too
>>
looks like it would make a cool guitar for slide
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.