[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How accurate is this /mu/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (183 KB, 1046x597) Image search: [Google]
image.png
183 KB, 1046x597
>pic related
>>
>>61775715
This literally doesn't mean anything and J. Cole is the corniest rapper alive.
>>
>>61775715
80% of the names in this pic are better and more skilled than J. Cole
>>
>>61775715
>Hopsin on the Kendrick Lamar side
Accriate
>>
>>61775748
After Hopsin, G-Eazy, Stitches, Childish Gambino, nearly everyone on Odd Future save for Earl, Yung Lean, Logic, Milo, Michael Christmas, EVERY member of Das Racist, Meek Mill...
>>
If by making that chart they mean Cole shares enough attributes from all over that he's effectively the most uninteresting and middle of the road rapper of his generation, then yeah it's pretty accurate.
>>
>>61776245
this
>>
>>61776245
fucking bingo
>>
>>61776245
desu
>>
>>61776245
im pretty sure it was saying exactly this

cole isnt far enough to any side to be either bad or interesting

so he's just generically neutral and uninteresting, yet dumb niggers think he's more popular than drake and better than kendrick
>>
>>61776245
look, I listen to rap for the music, the words are just added bonuses to me. Say what you want about Cole's raps and how corny they are, but you have to admit he has some god tier instrumentals. That, plus those times when he really hits the mark lyrically, is why I like Cole.
>>
>2014 Forest Hill Dr. had better bears than TPAB
>>
hip hop is cancer
>>
>>61776841
the instrumentals of his music are the most uninteresting part of his music anon.
>>
>>61777407
>a piece of mass that was disconnected from the main centre of conformist cells and started growing so much it took over all the organism forcing it to succumb
I agree
>>
>>61777391
>either one of those albums containing large mammals
>>
>>61775715
Kendrick > Drake > Lupe Fiasco > A$AP Rocky > Travis Scott > Future > Isaish Rashad > Joey BadA$$ > Migos > J. Cole > Vince Staples > Logic > Young Thug > Earl Sweatshirt > Fetty Wap > Chief Keef > Hopsin
>>
>>61777446
nigga how? I don't understand the hate
>>
File: say that to my face.jpg (12 KB, 245x251) Image search: [Google]
say that to my face.jpg
12 KB, 245x251
>>61777697
>Drake > Lupe Fiasco
>Young Thug > Earl Sweatshirt
>Future >> Joey Badass
>Migos > J. Cole
>Migos >> Vince Staples
>>
>>61777798
>muh lyrix
>>
>>61777827
>lyrix ain't important in rap guys
>Thugger is totally a contemporary genius
>Barter 6/DS2 is/are in my top 10 albums of 2015 even though they are nothing but a collection of beats other people made and any wannabe you get out the streets could work better over them
>>
>>61777789
How? They aren't interesting. The only beat that's even close to engaging on 2014 Forest Hills Drive is G.O.M.D. The rest are throwaway pop rap beats, derivative throwback beats that were done better 20 years ago and milquetoast neo-soul instrumentals. He's literally one step above Hopsin, the only difference being J. Cole isn't as edgy or awkward lyrically wise (Although this is still present in spades).
>>
>>61777697
Kendrick > Lupe > Earl Sweatshirt > Future > Who cares all of these artist sucks.
>>
>>61777995
wtf do you mean interesting? All that matters is whether it's soothing to the ear. If it sounds good, what's the issue? Engaging? You sound like a tool desu.
>>
>>61778298
>wtf do you mean interesting

Read my previous post again

>All that matters is whether it's soothing to the
ear. If it sounds good, what's the issue

It doesn't sound good though, it sounds sleepy, unmemorable, and derivative. It sounds adequate as background music but why even go to this board if all you listen use music for is background? He sounds good the same way some Adult Contemporary star sounds good.
>>
>>61777697
>Lupe
>good
What is this meme?
>>
Someone actually spent their time making pic related.
>>
>>61777575
lol funny thing is hip hop is the most conformist music in America right now, i cant tell which way youre implying
>>
File: hzxem1K.png (87 KB, 372x360) Image search: [Google]
hzxem1K.png
87 KB, 372x360
J Cole is overrated man
>>
>>61777697
Decent list, but I think putting Chief Keef up against any of these rappers is ridiculous because he's so different from them. Completely different lane than fucking Drake or Hopsin.
>>
>>61780121
keep listening to Young Thug and telling yourself that
>>
>>61776171
Yeah, rappers are corny. To be expected out of a predominately adolescent genre.
>>
>venn diagrams
>current year

?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.