[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blackstar drops to number 4 on iTunes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: bowie-meme.jpg (61 KB, 565x554) Image search: [Google]
bowie-meme.jpg
61 KB, 565x554
Are his posthumous 15 minutes up, /mu/?
>>
>>61771915
no

http://www.nme.com/news/david-bowie/90801
>>
>>61771915
Blackstar is too experimental for normie plebs
>>
iTunes is full of plebs
>>
>>61771949
That's insane
>>
>>61771949
The Queen is Dead
>>
>>61771961
Liking Blackstar is the epitome of normie. Fuck you.
>>
File: Ziggie.jpg (28 KB, 306x285) Image search: [Google]
Ziggie.jpg
28 KB, 306x285
As an artpiece, Blackstar is great. In my opinion, artists who use their death to create art are admirable.

As a musical album, not so much. I'd say Bowie is getting the Heath Ledger treatment.
>>
>>61772670
>you cant like it its too popular!!!

fuck off retard eat shit
>>
>>61772670
Do you leave your house?
>>
>>61772847
Why do people seem to be forgetting that the album was well received before he died? There does seem to be overrating going on to some extent but the album was already getting pretty high ratings before his death.
>>
>>61772905
Because it's 4chan. It's site culture to be as contrarian as possible.
>>
>>61772670

uuuuueeeurgh
>>
Do I miss anything if I ignore every album he released between Let's Dance and The Next Day? Because I still didn't listen to any of those.
>>
>>61772905
I like a lot of Bowie's work, but since he rarely stuck to one style some of his work never hit home with me. Although I thought Blackstar was cool, it's not my favorite. The only song I really enjoyed was Lazarous (and the remake of 'Tis a pity she was a whore, but since it was released as a single earlier I don't credit the album for it's creation)
>>
>>61772960
Outside, Earthling and Heathen are worth checking out.
>>
>>61772969
>lazarus
>not blackstar

found the pleb
>>
>>61772969
Okay, but don't go around saying people are just rating the album well because he died when it was rated well before he died.
>>
>>61772975
I second this
>>
>>61772936
this

If it was the 1930's, /pol/ would be filled with SJWs
>>
>>61771961
I agree, I think this album is selling loads just because of the hype surrounding Bowie's death. The tunes on Blackstar are not the kind of songs people who buy top charting albums usually search out. Blackstar (the track) is 10 minutes, that alone is pretty huge.
>>
MY FATHER RAN THE PRISON
>>
>>61771949
>private cremation
>no friends or family present
He will literally be fine.
>>
>>61773459
There are no songs on the album at all suited for radio play.
It's like he didn't give a shit if it sold at all because he'd be dead
>>
>>61774205
idk, i could see dollar days on the radio
>>
>>61774244
Yeah maybe. But its still a little long for radio. It would have to be cut.
>>
>>61771949
I really think he might have faked his death just to laugh at everybody crying for him, while he'll be actually dying slowly in Norway, beyond the polar circle.

>tfw I know a guy, who's best friends with screenwriter for Basquiat.
I might be two people away from Bowie.
>>
>>61774205
What about Lazarus?
>>
>>61775639
Way too long and disconnected for radio play
>>
>>61774205
He didn't care if it sold at all. He put it up for free on his Youtube channel.
>>
>>61776897
A lot of people do that. I guess they figure that watching on Youtube won't cut into profits. Especially with bands that rely more on live shows for money rather than record sales. I don't know about Bowie but just putting his album up on Youtube doesn't mean much.
>>
>>61776927
The whole thing in the day of release? :/
The part about live shows is a non-factor though, the man hadn't gone on stage in literally ten years.
>>
>>61771949
That's in the UK though where you only have to sell 500 copies a week to get in the chart
>>
>>61771915
It's waning. It's okay. Everything ends at some point. This wave, though especially wide and tall, will crash against the shores of time, like all the others do.
>>
>>61777009
I mean come on, even if he hadn't died, it's not like he was doing this album for sales. He has a ton of money, and his wife was rich even before they got married, their whole family is set for life, he was purely making art because he wanted to make some fucking art
>>
>>61772670
have you considered suicide?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.