[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best rap group of all time, /mu/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
File: Meech.jpg (49 KB, 670x400) Image search: [Google]
Meech.jpg
49 KB, 670x400
What's the best rap group of all time, /mu/
>>
Idk but i really fucking hope Miche Darko releases a solo mixtape or something, he's literally the only reason i listen to Flatbush.
>>
outkast is probably the easiest answer

besides idlewild, everything theyve released has been consistently good

the roots, the pharcyde, and a tribe called quest are also some pretty good answers

its really up to personal opinion though
>>
>>61767252
non-ironacly Death Grips

if not that then De La Soul desu
>>
linkin park probably, basically the mike shinoda backing band
>>
Run the Jewels, Wu Tang, OF... idk much else though
>>
Gravediggaz or The Roots
>>
why, Das Racist of course
>>
Three 6 Mafia
>>
File: Check Your Head.jpg (11 KB, 200x196) Image search: [Google]
Check Your Head.jpg
11 KB, 200x196
>>61767252
beastie boys desu desu baka
>>
Even if they've already been said...

A Tribe Called Quest, The Pharcyde, De La Soul, The Roots, Souls of Mischief are all candidates. I don't know who the best is. I can't think of more now. Sorry.
>>
File: cover.jpg (584 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
584 KB, 1000x1000
Mobb Deep, Three 6 Mafia, $uicideboy$
>>
Wu, 3 6 Mafia, OutKast, Mobb Deep, Public Enemy, but its just opinion, theres too many greats. Except flatbush zombies will never be on the list of greats. Listening to Zombie Juice rap should make any rap fan cringe
>>
eyedea & abilities, death grips, and soul coughing are my favorites.

>>61767996
ruby is unbearable. i really like scrim though. nowhere near greatest of all time.
>>
The Grateful Dead is my favorite.
>>
>>61767592
>RTJ & OF
i hate people who do this, but stop
>>
Eyedea & Abilities. Those white boys made some of the illest music to come out of Minnesota.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq5sn5FERYM
>>
File: a2110998030_10.jpg (472 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a2110998030_10.jpg
472 KB, 1200x1200
Greydon Square, obviously
>>
.....Death Grips
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 299x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 299x300
>>
>>61770143
also the most depressing, beautiful, and human.

i miss mikey so much.
>>
>>61771791
Oh man, I haven't listened to him in 4 years. I really liked him freshman year of high school, then within a year got sick oh him. What's /mu/'s opinion on him?
>>
Wu Tang, obviously...then, maybe Gangstarr
>>
>>61767476
Why? You don't like Erik? When he actually raps he's the best of the 3 since he's also the producer, so the other 2 would be nothing without him. Juice is terrible unless he's on 'party' track, even then he's shit compared to the 2 of them.

>>61768677
I'm not >>61767592 but /mu/ only hates RTJ cause Fantano likes them and because most of their fanbase is white, but their great and consistent.

To everyone saying Wu-Tang fuck off they're inconsistent as a group and there's no way you can have a great group with 9 members. I would personally say, Tribe Called Quest or De La Soul (and Black Hippy when they choose to put out a track together), would also say the roots but they they rely on guest features a lot
>>
>>61773777
Oh man I probably should've re-read that, but you get my point anyway.
>>
Outkast or Mobb Deep.
>>
File: wow.png (110 KB, 258x355) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
110 KB, 258x355
>>61773530
Why does it matter, /mu/ collectively has shit opinions
>>
>>61773777
Best != great
RTJ is great, but they're very far from the best. People who are green enough not to recognize that should lurk more. OF is the worse offense in his comment though.
>>
>>61768335
I don't understand why everybody hates him. His rhymes are sometimes corny but he has some great verses on BetterOffDead. I mean, he's no Meech, but he's alright.
>>
>>61767252
VU and I don't even like rock that much
>>
Mobb Deep.

No, it's not close.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.