[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that if you haven't taken LSD you haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4
File: cells.png (166 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
cells.png
166 KB, 256x256
Reminder that if you haven't taken LSD you haven't truly enjoyed your favorite album
>>
>>61766656
I remember being 16 too OP
>>
idk where to get LSD
I live in CO so I get weed from a dispensary
>>
DUDE SCHIZOPHRENIA LMAO
>>
>>61766656
you probably didn't actually take real LSD so yea...
>>
Reminder that on LSD, you can be fascinated by literal shit and taking it is antithetical to the notion of pursuing better and better works of art.
>>
>>61766789
Yeah, pretty good chance it was a designer chemical. OP is retarded if he thinks he got actual acid.
>>
>>61766802
>you can be fascinated by literal shit
whats bad about finding more stuff fascinating? life is fucking fascinating and strange and beautiful. taking LSD always reminds me of that
>>
OP you're retarded af

Drugs will make you a crazy, donkey-brained lunatic who will end up in a nut house! You nut. I should know, I am a medical doctor.
>>
>>61766789
>>61766916
hate this meme. you spent 15 minutes on r/drugs and now you go around telling everyone they took 25i or something to sound knowledable.

Yes, the chance of getting sold rc's by some random dude at a festival is very high, but you're acting like there is no LSD anywhere on the planet and that testing kits dont exist
>>
>>61767021
YOU'RE CRAZY IN THE COCONUT
>>
>>61767048
no i was judging OP and assuming he wouldn't do that. OP specifically probably didn't get real LSD
>>
>>61766656
OMG IM GONNA TAKE LSD AND LISTEN TO DARK SIDE SO FUCKING ORIGINAL
>>
>>61766933
I want to find things fascinating because I have come to that conclusion myself, and not because a fucking drug warped my brain to become overwhelmed by random shit.
>>
>>61767122
OMG IM GONNA TAKE LSD AND LISTEN TO DARK SIDE SO FUCKING ORIGINAL
>OMG IM GONNA GO FOR A WALK OUTSIDE SO FUCKING ORIGINAL
>OMG IM GONNA DRINK ALCOHOL AND HAVE FUN WITH MY FRIENDS SO FUCKING ORIGINAL
>OMG IM GONNA PLAY SOME VIDEOGAMES SO FUCKING ORIGINAL
why does something like that have to be original?
>>
>>61767021
Slacker reference?
>>
>>61767179
(In short, I want my appreciation to come from actually understanding what's going on in a piece and comparison of it to other stuff, not because my dumb brain is literally overproducing hype.)
>>
>>61767179
>I want to find things fascinating because I have come to that conclusion myself
if you come to a conclusion on drugs and it still makes sense when you're sober, you have come to that conclusion yourself
>a fucking drug warped my brain
oh so that's how it works
>>
>>61767220
Don't quote me out of context. LSD and the likes make you less likely to challenge yourself and seek out good music, because everything goes as it is. Not to even mention that they actually *degenerate* your taste, as demonstrated by threads in which people describe how they've come to prefer gentler, sparser, lazier music as a result. Think DSotM indeed.
>>
>>61767205
Yes! lololl
>>
I bought a shipment of 25i when it first hit the RC market and took it a dozen or so times. Its a perfectly fine experience, and the effect on listening to music is actually pretty damn similar to acid. However it has a distinctive jittery headspace which, coupled with increased nausea and a shorter duration, make it pretty hard to confuse with LSD once you've tried both. I've bought paper at shows and festivals more times than I can count, and I've never gotten 25i. I mean, I'm sure I don't always get LSD, its probably AL-LAD or 1P-LSD most of the time. But those analogues are chemically and experientially so close as to make no difference. 1P-LSD I think metabolises to LSD-25 in the body so its even pharmacologically identical. Also, I bought LSZ over sr before it got v& and it was amazing. Such a relaxed and introspective headspace. Probably my favorite trip ever. So yeah, if you think "not real LSD bro" is automatically a bad thing, u dumb
>>
I really don't think Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel... would make a fufilling LSD experience
>>
>>61767277
personally, taking acid made me interested in music I usually didn't listen to, but I can't speak for everyone ofc

>Not to even mention that they actually *degenerate* your taste, as demonstrated by threads in which people describe how they've come to prefer gentler, sparser, lazier music as a result
so what, gentle music is objectively worse? sounds pretty subjective. it's funny that you talk about something making people get shittier taste and use a critically acclaimed album that sold 50 million copies and is regarded as one of the greatest albums of all time by some people, as an example.
>>
>>61766656
I took acid and listened to animal collective and hated psychedelic music ever since
>>
>>61767655
>taking acid made me interested in music I usually didn't listen to

Which is exactly a huge danger to taste development. If I 'gave an honest chance' to every piece of rap or electronic or indie shit, I would be inundated by those and never develope the drive to shun them as soon as I sample them, and try to seek out richer, more structured, more evocative, more composed pieces.

>it's funny that you talk about something making people get shittier taste and use a critically acclaimed album that sold 50 million copies and is regarded as one of the greatest albums of all time

It's regarded as great precisely because it's been listened to on drugs.
>>
>>61767741
In short, drugs cause egalitarianism, and egalitarianism, 'every piece/artist/genre is equal and equally deserving of my time', is the enemy of development.
>>
>>61767610
i dont think having that shit as your favorite album makes for a fulfilling life
>>
>>61767277
>LSD and the likes make you less likely to challenge yourself and seek out good music, because everything goes as it is.

This is so far from the truth. Like literally the opposite of my experience. I tend to be more critical and exacting in my taste when tripping because I'm so raw and exposed to sensory input so listening to bad music tripping is much worse than listening to bad music sober. As for "gentler, sparser" I guess this is kind of true in that it can open you up the immense power that can come through in sparse compositions. Some of my favorite trips have been listening to Stars of the Lid in the dark with tears streaming down my face.
>>
>>61767048
I feel ya, this drives me up a wall too. Yeah I've run into n bomb and 2c stuff too and people do pass it off as L but cmon. They read about Pickard or something online and all the sudden they're an expert
>>
>>61767741
>>taking acid made me interested in music I usually didn't listen to
>Which is exactly a huge danger to taste development.
so listening to and appreciating new music is a huge danger to taste development?
>>
File: sungtongs.jpg (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
sungtongs.jpg
30 KB, 400x400
I've never been that much of a fan of this album but the only time it REALLY clicked with me was when I was on acid. I was like "oh!"

Still not a fan tho
>>
>>61767830
Yeah yeah, 'I understood that music is about the FEELING, about the RESONANCE'. Like we haven't heard that before.

>>61767838
No. Listening to and appreciating ALL new music, and liking everything equally is.
>>
>>61766656
>Reminder that if you haven't taken LSD you haven't truly enjoyed your favorite album
don't agree, lsd is great tho
candyflip is also great, caribou live blew me away
>>
>>61767836
but man 99% of ALL LSD ON THE PLANET VANISHED when they got busted
>>
>>61767859
>>61767830
Also.

>I tend to be more critical and exacting in my taste

Give me an example you have come to enjoy less as a result of your trips.
>>
>>61767859
>Listening to and appreciating ALL new music, and liking everything equally
well, that's not what I said...
>>
>>61767763
lmao most people I know who do drugs like to sit around stoned and debate which artists/albums/films are better. where are you getting this from?
>>
>>61767915
In >>61767655: 'taking acid made me interested in music I usually didn't listen to'

>>61767926
That some preferences still remain doesn't change the fact that variance of the preference decreases.
>>
>>61766656
Do I have to listen to it on LSD or just take it and magically enjoy my favorite album more from that point on?
>>
lsd is for pussies. you should try a meth-and-fentanyl speedball.
>>
>>61767048
>>61767509
The thing is, odds are it's NOT LSD. Why not just take shrooms
>>
>>61767982
I took shrooms once, it's really lame. I expected to be hallucinating, but it was basically just like a more powerful marijuana high.
>>
>>61767982
well you can check for yourself. And because they're very different highs and I like them both. Don't gotta pick one or the other
>>
>>61767942
I did not, in that sentence, say I like all music equally, or that I appreciate all music equally.

You're literally trying to tell me that an experience opening my eyes to something new and making me appreciate something different is a bad thing. I think you've spent too much time on /mu/ desu
>>
>>61768022
haven't done shrooms but you should just take more. the thing with mushrooms is that even tho you measure the dose, all mushrooms aren't necessarily equally rich in psilocybin/psilocin
>>
>>61767884
The Doors, The Stones, RHCP, Tool. Most artists that I used to like because I thought they were trippy. Then I actually tripped and realized their trippiness is a hollow aesthetic and their actual music is pretty mediocre. Thats not what we're talking about though, you were insinuating that anything a tripping person hears for the first time he's going to love because you can't be discerning on psychedelics, but I'm telling you a go to a lot of festivals and hear bands for the first time while tripping and I often walk out because music being bad is readily apparent when you're in that state.
>>
>>61766681
: (
>>
>>61768131
have you ever watched some shitty tv show or movie with mediocre/bad acting while tripping (or high on the reefer)? it feels so weird and fake and it's impossible to ignore
>>
>>61768063
>>61768131
Your putting words in my mouth aside, it is when the things you're opening your eyes at are inferior. I am constantly at a lookout for the possibility that I might begin to like shit things out of sympathy, such as drug-inflicted empathy ('it's so soulful! I can connect to it so intimately!'), rather than judging them harshly.

For instance, were it not for my dislike of bad pieces, I would probably not be put off by the repetitive beat in the middle of this:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jDbmUj1dkNc
>>
>>61766656
ok
>>
Drugs are a meme
>>
>>61768201
>it is when the things you're opening your eyes at are inferior
first, why do you assume I started liking "inferior" music? I didn't say anything about my music taste or how it's changed.
second, how do you decide what's inferior? the things that you don't like? I know this is /mu/ and all but cmon
>>
>>61768199
yeah bad tv and movies on weed are actually pretty great because you're so attuned to unintentional comedy. I watched The Happening while stoned and I laughed my fucking ass off. Unfortunalely bad music doesn't usually work that way unless there's a corny music video you can laugh at.
>>
>>61768292
>why do you assume I started liking "inferior" music?

Jesus. I know that as a druggie, you're going to jump to conclusions, but try to contain it.

>how do you decide what's inferior? the things that you don't like?

Amount of diversity. That is, amount of variables consciously manipulated in a piece.
>>
>>61768339
(And density of music, of course, too. Not trying to anaesthetize the listener into a trance in which ten minutes long passages are found good because one's given up the discrimination to tell better, or requiring him/her to.)
>>
>>61768339
>Jesus. I know that as a druggie, you're going to jump to conclusions, but try to contain it.
ok then. so if taking acid opened my eyes to and made me appreciate music with a higher *amount of variables consciously manipulated*, then it is a good thing, right? and it's prefectly possible for it to go both ways?
>>
>>61768424
Yes, except experience shows the opposite is the case. Unlike you, I actually sought out things such as the effects of drugs on musical taste.
>>
>>61768444
>except experience shows the opposite is the case
anecdotal evidence?
>Unlike you, I actually sought out things such as the effects of drugs on musical taste.
enlighten me

also, you haven't provided a reason why anyone should give a fuck about your definition (amount of variables consciously manipulated in a piece) of good music
>>
>>61768201
>>61768339
>>61768381

Liking soulfulness in music isn't really a drug-induced trait its actually something most listeners prefer, and I tend to think its overrated most of time, but I have to say you sound like you have maybe the most robotic music listener I've ever encountered. I'm putting on Spiegel im Spiegel and feeling feels for you since you sound like you'll never enjoy anything that isn't tedious and overcomplicated.
>>
>>61768527
>anecdotal evidence?

Is just a n = 1 special case of saying the unfalsifiable 'that's a small sample'. Fuck off.

>enlighten me

For starters,
https://www.reddit.com/r/Drugs/comments/28lcud/has_acid_affected_anyone_elses_music_tastes/

>I have gained a deep love for psychedelic rock and meditation music

19 upvotes. There's more further on.

>inb4 Reddit

This is the very point -- we're discussing average, popular reactions here.
>>
>>61768657
thats some clutch googling there partner but I don't think linking to Reddit is going to fly no matter how hard you try to justify it.
>>
>>61768609
>you have maybe the most robotic music listener I've ever encountered

I don't know. Is Unquestionable Presence, for instance, feelful? Because I like it a lot. I just hate 'artists' that try to sell their lazy efforts by saying that 'I just need to open my ears, I just need to adjust myself to the mood of the work'.
>>
>>61768720
Aha, so you're arbitrarily dismissing the only sources about the thing under discussion because of arbitrary standards of reliability. As usual.
>>
File: homepage_large.77adb65f.jpg (4 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.77adb65f.jpg
4 KB, 319x319
this album is godlike while frying famila
>>
>>61766656
My favorite album sounded like shit on LSD. It's hard to appreciate things when you're so distracted
>>
>>61766656
If I took LSD and listened to The Seer I'd hate it. LSD only works like that for certain albums.
>>
>2016
>having a favorite album
Why not just listen to music? how can you pick a favorite when there's so much good music out there that you've probably never heard
>>
>>61767122
I took mushrooms and listened to dark side, and it was deeply fulfilling. In my experience, psychedelics are always an original experience.
>>
>>61766656
Nah. Tripping on Pet Sounds was aight and didn't give me the emotional catharsis that it does when sober. Public Castration Is A Good Idea and the song Frankie Teardrop offa Suicide though...I was manning a ship to the cosmos but then started drowning in a sea made of my tears (I haven't actually cried since I was 10 and have been unable to.) One hell of an emotional experience. Put on Remain In Light afterward so my friends won't see me as this weird mental mess.
>>
who /r/drugs here?
>>
is it possible to grow good shrooms on your own for personal consumption? is it difficult?
>>
>>61770421
the hardest part is keeping your area sterile and free of contamination

other than that you basically just prepare , inoculate , and wait to harvest
>>
>>61770463
so i can grow a batch in my closet under room temperature, right?
>>
>>61770490
yes mushrooms sprout in temperatures from like 60 degrees up to something like 75 degrees

there is more steps to do also once the start to grow like ventilation and shit but you should read about it

look about pf tek
>>
File: 1449208146616.jpg (53 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1449208146616.jpg
53 KB, 540x720
>>61766656
if you have a favorite album you're not enjoying music right, Regardless of LSD. That being said the first time I did Lucy my friend kept pranking me by putting lil wayne's UOENO on with his phone at such volumes to where you could barely hear it. I thought I was fucking tripping wayne until we were at the dock and I fucking caught his ass.

We also listened to Hey Ya and it made me feel like a kid again, singing it in the streets a few hours past the acceptable time to be singing outside.

tl;dr Nick, Zach, Alec, Rook and even chase, I hope to see you all when we're not so insufferable and drugs are p cool but you shouldn't be a dick about 'em
>>
I've been looking everywhere for an LSD torrent but nobody seems to have it
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.