[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CONFESSIONS THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: BAxWMIFCYAANCyG.jpg (42 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
BAxWMIFCYAANCyG.jpg
42 KB, 600x450
TELL YOUR /MU/ CONFESSIONS AND SHARE WHAT MUSIC YOU LIKE THAT /MU/ WOULD SHIT ON
>>
Betty who
>>
nice clock tony
>>
>>61760615
> music /mu/ would shit on.
Literally everything on my library, and would even call me avant-teen for the stuff they don't know.
Grow up, this board is full of bored contrarian 20-somethings that will shit on you on principle.
>>
I didn't get into David Bowie's music until a month ago, but I don't want to talk about it now without sounding like some wowsuchlegend bandwagoner.

It's just my favorite band is of Montreal and people are suprised when I say I don't actively listen to his music. So I finally give him vs chance and motherfucker dies on me
>>
>>61760634
OP here. I love music but never actually come to /mu/

I start a confessions thread like 2 times a year because it gives me the experience of /mu/ not being contrarians and it's a treat
>>
File: 1447375661243.jpg (149 KB, 808x860) Image search: [Google]
1447375661243.jpg
149 KB, 808x860
I saw Black Star at a music store and didn't buy a copy
It was sold out when I came back
>>
>>61760662
that's my confession here lmao
>>
>>61760615
Tool is one of my all time favourite bands but it's pointless even bringing them up here because they get so much shit for their fanbase. Feels bad desu
>>
>>61760675
>soft rock dronefest
>>
File: worldflashercorps.png (197 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
worldflashercorps.png
197 KB, 300x300
i really like hardcore edm stuff

gabber, breakcore, terror & speedcore, hardcore & happy hardcore etc

never see stuff like it disccussed except for venetian snares & the flashbulb every once in a while
>>
>>61760697
exactly
>>
Guess there's not much in my collection that's out of the ordinary or overly shit (although knowing /mu, there's plenty up their own arse.

But 2 tunes that you'd all probably think are shit are;

Marc almond & gene Pitney -somethings got a hold of my heart
https://youtube.com/watch?v=AZTX0RBlqnM

Tatu - all the things she said
https://youtube.com/watch?v=8mGBaXPlri8

But to be honest I don't care if you think they're shit, I just enjoy both tunes
>>
>>61760703

How about DHR stuff? Loved atari teenage riot and had a DHR compilation. Shizuo - sweat is an awesome tune

https://youtube.com/watch?v=JSWgeJ3ST7U
>>
>>61760615
>>
File: 1253689745612.jpg (254 KB, 1120x840) Image search: [Google]
1253689745612.jpg
254 KB, 1120x840
i like madonna's 'immaculate collection' and there's nothing you can do to stop me from enjoying it fuckers
>>
>>61760703
frenchcore is great
>>
I know everything /mu/core, got into a lot of obscure genres and have overall solid music knowledge

and yet

I have literally never listened to a Radiohead album. Ever. Can't even name a single song that's not Creep, Karma Police or National Anthem. I live a normal life and never feel the need to try them, but a piece of my mind is still bothered by this.
>>
>>61760821
Why don't you then? OKC and Kid A are definitely worth checking out and listening to both won't set you back more than 2-3 hours of your life.
>>
I genuinely love Taylor Swift but I don't post about her (outside of my chart) because of how mad she makes everyone.
>>
>>61760848
again, I feel no need to. I've never liked a song by them so why would i like a full 40-min album ?
>>
>>61760848

Personally for me, the first albums were the best ones, then they just went weird. Radiohead were best when playing guitars, not farting around with synths and other experimental stuff. (Pyramid song and everything in its right place are my 2 exceptions)
>>
I love Paramore and I think "Ain't It Fun" is a fucking great song
>>
I love Swans but I absolutely do not enjoy Soundtracks minus a couple songs, also my favorite Swans song is on Soundtracks

Another thing, pic related is my favorite solo female artist and I fucking love this album. I've only seen it come up on this board a couple times and both times it got totally shat on.
>>
>>61760935
Fuck forgot pic, mb af tbqh
>>
>>61760615
I am a huge Coldplay faggot, but I disliked the last 2 albums.
>>
>>61760948
that album is great and so is banks, /mu/tants dislike it because of the associated fanbase
don't worry you're doing fine
>>
>>61760675
I like tool
>>
>>61760965

Don't think I can think of a more bland boring band. But I think that's down to chris Martin really, he's the Alan Partridge of singers
>>
>>61760970
If anything I always think "at least they aren't Halsey's fanbase"
You heard Better?
>>
Every couple months I come over to /mu/ in the hopes of finding some relaxed and decent discussion about music. But every time it's just threads about black metal and harsh white noise drone music, circlejerkings about K-pop, ITAOTS and some other shit, and people shitting on each other over the gear they post.
It's quite frustrating and I've come to think that /mu/ is among the worst blue boards that exist.
>>
>>61761032
whats your aotysf?
>>
>>61761032
What's wrong with black metal
>>
>>61761057
Dude, it's been two weeks
>>
>>61760979
Viva La Vida is a must have tho, that symphonic feel + Brian Eno-ish ambience.
>>
>>61760973
i like you anon
>>
I love good charlotte and their new single.
>>
>>61761071
Nothing, it's just not my type of music and it seems to be the only thing getting a good discussion around here.
Also, black metal musicians stabbing each other in the head stresses me the fuck out
>>
>>61761145
Literally one time that happened in the early 90's. But the genre really has a lot to offer and is often overlooked cause of "muh edginess" but there is really nice stuff that you should definitely even try checking out. Sunbather is a good way to start if you're not into extreme metal sub-genres, it's often described as "metal for people who aren't into metal". Don't get fooled though, it's a really great record.
>>
>>61761078

Only because eno produced for them, but even so its as exciting as a wet fart in your last pair of underpants
>>
I like some indie rock bands
>>
>>61761220
so it's fun to think about, shitty to look at and impossible to listen to? i agree desu
>>
>>61761513

Exactly. You think "maybe it'll be better than last time" and take the risk, but it turns out to be sloppy and shitty, and completely ruins your day
>>
>>61761778
I like you
>>
>>61761211
Seconding sunbather, it may be accessible but it's to black metal as Kid A is to experimental music and electronic music.
>>
>artists /mu/ would shit on
Girlpool and Waxahatchee
>>
>I like all of Metallica's albums up to to St. Anger
>>
>>61761032
I absolutely agree with you, you'd have thought a board about something as mainstream as music would be shit in different ways too.
>>
>>61761899
waxahatchee is p4kcore (though her last album was awful) and Girlpool is just obscure
>>
>>61761032
It's an awful board. I feel sorry for anyone who comes here regularly.
>>
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 319x319
>>61762237
it's on my top 10 for 2015. easily her strongest effort IMO, what didn't you like?
>>
Octahedron is my absolute favourite Mars Volta record and one of my all time favourite albums. I massively prefer it to everything between itself and Deloused, though I do like the whole discography.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.