[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apple Music or Spotify?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3
Does anyone have Apple Music? could anyone tell me about it? is it worth getting? Is it better than spotify? any help is welcome...
im trying to decided what service to get
>>
You should get the free torrent service
>>
Spotify is p gud, I like Google Play a bit more but Spotify is easier to do the 3 months for $1 thing
>>
>>61747912
rippy?
>>
I prefer Spotifys interface and speed of use.
AM is too clunky and buggy.
Piracy is teenager shit.
>>
>>61747946
but you get three months free with Apple Music
>>
>>61747991
>>uses spotify over torrenting
>>assumes all torrent users are teenagers
>>more teenagers use spotify nowadays
>>torrenting is better for audiophiles
>>get good
>>
>>61747991
>Piracy is teenager shit.
Aren't you projecting a bit there? Since kids and students are the large majority of music streaming site users?
>>
>>61748017
>>61748031
Piracy is only done by people who can't afford to both buy albums and stream them.
AKA teenagers.
>>
which has a better library of music?
>>
>>61748055
You know there are a TON of albums only available on torrent sites, not for sale anywhere, or copies are limited.
>>
>>61748079
They both have holes.
The additions that Apple Music has (or had, my free trial ended in September) are kinda inconsequential like This Heat and Andy Stott and Steve Wilson and other individual, but not big catalog, inclusions.
>>61748088
Well obviously sometimes piracy is the only option if we're talking about like Natural Snow Buildings.
But you and I both know that's not what people pirate.
>>
>>61748079
this

I use Spotify, but i want to know if AM or Google Play has significantly better selection.

I've been finding shit i want to listen to more and more frequently not on spotify.
>>
Apple Music - Garbage. Nothing apple has ever made has ever been good.
>Pros: Nothing
>Cons: It's apple.

Spotify
>Pros: Great desktop program on pretty much all platforms. Nice, well optimized app. Very easy to figure out and use.
>Cons: It's the most popular, so when artists boycott streaming services, they generally go for spotify first. But unless you listen to taylor swift I doubt it's a big deal, just something to note. If you don't pay for it, the ads are really fucking annoying. You can't download music offline on mobile, and you are forced to shuffle only. (You can shuffle singles, too.)

Google Play
>Pros: You can upload your own music and access it anywhere, even if you torrented the music.
>Cons: Ugly, janky UI. Downloading offline on the mobile app is also pretty janky. Limited to 25k songs in the free version. No flac uploads.

In my opinion Spotify is the best one, but that's because I pay for it. If you want free, go with google music and upload your library or use Spotify and deal with the ads.
>>
>>61748055
>Piracy is only done by people who can't afford to both buy albums and stream them.
If you can afford to buy all the music you want to listen to you're either extremely rich, and wouldn't need to ask questions about which service you should subscribe to, or have extremely narrow and limited taste.
>>
>>61748055

I'm 23 and make 65k a year. I pirate because I don't see the need to buy things I can easily get for free, when that money can go to investments, savings, and tangible things.
>>
>>61747873
Apple music has the better library. I've had both, and aside from artists who aren't on any streaming at all, I never encountered any absences on Apple music. Spotify has a few conspicuous holes.
>>
>>61748055
Id much rather pay $10 for a seedbox than a streaming service
>>
>>61748359
>I want to buy every album I like
How old are you? No one thinks like this. It doesn't cost money to buy an album per month.
>>61748398
So you don't care about music then. I understand.
>>
spotify is GOAT streaming service
>>
>>61748439
Then you really don't care about music.
>>
>>61748443
you buy one album per month? YOU dont care about music
>>
>>61748480
Walk me through your reasoning?
>>
>>61748523
hold up, do you buy one CD/digital album per month, and that is the extent of your music gains over a one month period? Or do you stream, and purchase one album you enjoy in physical format per month?
>>
>>61748443

I do purchase plenty of music and go to many concerts as well, though. Explain to me the reasoning for paying monthly for digital music you don't own?
>>
>>61748553
I stream and every once in a while when I realize "Oh I should buy that album" I buy it. Generally once per month but sometimes more.
>>
>>61748570
1. High quality sources
2. Any release I want, and if its not available, I can request for it.
3. Leaks way before most other places
4. Can also download movies and TV to my seedbox
5. High quality vinyl rips
6. Insanely fast SL speeds
7. Use plex to stream the pirated content from seedbox
>>
>>61748443
>It doesn't cost money to buy an album per month.
It costs more than streaming, which is objectively the worst way to listen to music.
>>
>>61748638

I was talking to the streamfag, friend. When you pirate, you do own the files.
>>
>>61748654
>which is objectively the worst way to listen to music.
Yeah I prefer downloading russian tagged versions of /mu/core
that's a much better method
you're an idiot. grow up.
>>
>>61748672
whoops my mistake
>>
>>61748570
Because it's actually sanctioned by the musicians and actually pays money to them. When you're streaming and buying music at the same time you're actually demonstrating that you value music.
>>
>>61748683
someones salty they cant pass the what.cd interview
>>
>>61748717

It pays fractions of pennies to the artists. It only pays well for the label. Streaming values music, not musicians.
>>
Apple Music has a way better recommendation algorithm than Spotify
>>
File: 1434170979444.gif (2 MB, 340x234) Image search: [Google]
1434170979444.gif
2 MB, 340x234
ITT: GUISE IM SUPER MATURE, IM 22 YEARS OLD!!!
>>
>>61748683
Nice projecting again moron. Even if what you were saying is true, the beauty of actually downloading music is being able to tag it yourself, and choose how to listen to it.
But I guess being completely denied the ability to listen to music if the streaming sites servers or your internet craps out, and being forced to use shitty web apps is objectively superior.
>>
>>61748719
I've never tried because I don't want to use what.cd
>>61748734
It pays more money than piracy, objectively.
>>
>>61748654
why is the worst way?
>>
If you aren't streaming+buying your music, you are one of the following:

1) VERY poor

2) VERY young (you don't have a job to pay for the music/service)

3) a person who doesn't care about music enough to put music behind it

This is objective truth.

Have a good night kids!
>>
>>61748789
>he still spouts "piracy is stealing" meme
That shit was disputed so long ago even your generation should know about it now.
>>
>>61748789
>>I've never tried because I don't want to use what.cd

Yea ok
>>
OP HERE

On Apple Music, you can download from the service to make stuff available offline, can you do this on Spotify?
>>
>>61748817
>>61748768

We get it, you have a minimum wage job and live with your parents, you can stop posting any time.
>>
>>61748817
Spotify must be doing extremely poorly if they have to pay people to viral their shit here.
>>
>>61747873
Spotify premium is only $5 with student discount, sign up with student email and you will get a discount. Apple Music was just really shitty for me and fucked with the songs I already had downloaded, the UI is just so bad.
>>
>>61748795
Because you're completely tied to the streaming service. They choose what music you have access to, in what format, how it's tagged, what software you can or can't use to listen to it, etc. And if you have problems with your internet connection, or their servers fuck up, you can't do anything.
And on top of it all, you have literally no guarantee that they will be around in the future, or that they won't start taking down music requested by some major company.
>>
>>61747873
I have Apple Music and as a person who already had 10k+ songs in iTunes, it integrated very well. Library is great, curated playlists are on point. If you don't use iTunes I wouldn't bother tho
>>
>>61748817
Fool and his money.

/thread
>>
>>61748847
/bump/
>>
Is there any difference?
>>
File: CHVSlvY.png (6 KB, 286x242) Image search: [Google]
CHVSlvY.png
6 KB, 286x242
>>61748847
yes
>>
Streaming has its downfalls, services are strictly preference
/thread
>>
>>61749065
and when you're offline, can you listen to what you want? or do you have to shuffle?
>>
>>61749099
i think the shuffle is only forced on mobile free users
>>
I personally love Spotify
>>
>>61748237
>Google Play
>>Pros: You can upload your own music and access it anywhere, even if you torrented the music.

you can do this with spotify too btw
>>
>>61749281
Yes, but it's an afterthought where you have to download specific playlists to the device in their entirety just to get local music synced. With Google, you can STREAM the music you uploaded, and it's added to your overall library.
>>
GUYS I HAVE SPOTIFY I SO RICH XD
>>
>>61749099
You can listen to what you want as long as you have premium.
Offline doesn't exist if you don't have premium.
>>
>>61747873
It depends on whether or not you want to listen to Taylor Swift and Neil Young.
>>
TIDAL
I
D
A
L
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.