[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was grunge the last truly great genre to make it's way into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: nirvana[1].jpg (628 KB, 2635x1677) Image search: [Google]
nirvana[1].jpg
628 KB, 2635x1677
Was grunge the last truly great genre to make it's way into the mainstream?
>>
>>61743933
>grunge
>great genre
you know this is pretty much going to be the whole thread
>>
>>61743956
>not liking grunge
literally reddit
>>
>>61743933
Pretty much yeah
>>
>>61744438

Actually, grunge IS literally Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/grunge/
>>
>>61744563
actually every genre is because music is LITERALLY reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/music
>>
>>61744563
>capitalises "reddit" to make it look like he isn't from there
>>
>>61743933
No

dubstep
UKG
Alt Hip hop
Nu metal
Neo Soul
>>
when did this "grunge was great, nirvana is good" meme begin and how do we end it?
>>
>>61745149
those are all fucking shit lmao
>>
>>61745149
none of those ever went mainstream
>>
>>61745149
shit b8 m8
>>
>>61744752
The Witch Hunt intensifies...
>>
>>61745647
Dissing the noble witch hunt to get rid of the redditors.

Literally reddit.
>>
>>61745217
1. In the early/mid 90s.
2. You don't.
>>
>>61745600
skrillex
the streets
kendrick
korn
Amy Winehouse
>>
>>61743933
>nirvana
>grunge
>>
>>61745803
>any of those
>anywhere near as good as Nirvana
>>
>>61746073
>listened to Smells Like Teen Spirit once
>>
>>61747041
>meme
>grunge
>>
>>61747083
you seriously haven't listened to Bleach?
>>
are we still pretending to like nirvana? i have to confess, it's getting a little tiring. i keep scrobbling bleach and it gets more annoying with every listen. i'm starting to have second thoughts about pushing nirvana into my top 10. i need to know if we're in this thing for the long haul because i don't want to have listened to this shit all this time for nothing, and god forbid it becomes cool to hate nirvana again and then i'll be left looking a dummy with babies first angsty rock band topping my charts.
>>
>>61747223
Scrobble some Fecal Matter family

that will always impress the normies
>>
what were the 60's?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.