[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/p4k/ - Nightly Pitchfork Countdown Hypetrain Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8
File: patricianfork.png (103 KB, 418x455) Image search: [Google]
patricianfork.png
103 KB, 418x455
Fellow Pitchfork patricians, it is once again the time for our nightly countdown for Pitchfork's 5 new reviews to be updated on the site at 1am eastern time.

10.0?
0.0?
Best New Music?
Best New Reissue?
8.0+ with no BNM?
A shitty set of 7's and below?
Weird Al eternal BNM incoming hypetrain!
Noctourniquetcourtsney Barnett Review?
Titus Andronicus being robbed once again?
Ian FUCKIN' Cohen?
Ryan "THE TASTEMAKER" Dombal?
Lindsay "qt feminist" Zoladz? [retired patrician, memory lives on forever]
Jayson "8.7" Greene?
Larry "retired BNM godfather" Fitzmaurice?
Craig "Meme Rap" Jenkins?
qt Kim "retired Meal Goddess now at Noisey" Kelly?
Grayson "Grizzly" Currin?
Brian "Backup" Howe?
Mark "the elder statesman" Richardson?
Evan "IS GARAGE ROCK DEAD" Minsker?
Meaghan “retired trap queen" Garvey?
Andy "secretly alpha" Beta?
Zoe "¡DALE!" Camp?
Philip "Electronic Wizard” Sherburne?
Laura "Sun Kil Buffoon" Snapes?

Will someone dethrone Anderson .Paak’s 8.6 for AOTY?

OFFICIAL and accurate 2016 BNM Tally: 2

The most wonderful time of the night, every night, right now. Here it is, the nightly P4K thread. Time to get comfy.

>P4K Collection Rar (Over 300 deleted reviews, pics of every staff member, etc.)
https://mega.nz/#!zoQGBCYK!evBav1uwKekImmse6g35z2lRgdGXxxUh8nyVSTyShl0

>Tonight's Top Stories
-Sam Smith throwing some shade at Thom Yorke http://pitchfork.com/news/62876-sam-smith-says-he-hasnt-listened-to-radioheads-spectre-theme-appears-to-throw-shade/
-Major Lazer is going to Cuba http://pitchfork.com/news/62882-major-lazer-will-perform-in-cuba/
-New Yuck album on the way! http://pitchfork.com/news/62880-yuck-announce-stranger-things-share-hearts-in-motion-plot-tour/
-This thread hypes and supports Chairlift, Savages, Half Japanese, Ty Segall, and DIIV.
>>
it still hurts like hell, p4kfam
>>
File: Pleasure To Meet You.jpg (296 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Pleasure To Meet You.jpg
296 KB, 960x960
Dead Sara - Pleasure To Meet You 8.3 BNM
>>
Like a week ago someone on here called Hinds a trust find band. What does that even mean?
>>
Why is this thread so dead when they're gonna edit Bowie for a 10?
>>
>>61705424
they're implying that their parents' are either in the industry and can help them get big, or can give them the money to get the best producers/publicity possible. i don't think that's necessarily true, but i'm not a big fan of their music.

>>61705458
lol
>>
>>61705505
Got any real examples of that besides maybe Hinds?
>>
>>61705458
Not gonna happen
>>
>>61705570
The Strokes
>>
>>61705458
I'm pretty sure they had insider knowledge before even writing the album review. That's what is hinted on in the first paragraph.
>>
>>61705599
Damn I half wanna ask why but double dubs confirm
>>
>>61704503
Why such a late post?
>>
>>61705570
most acts on faux DIY indeh labels like captured tracks & orchid tapes
>>
>>61705570
i don't have any definitive examples, it's kind of just a generic insult used for acts that get critical praise without really deserving it. with that being said, post malone jumps into my mind immediately: his father was (is?) the Dallas Cowboys' Assistant Director of Food and Beverage, and he started out as a wannabe rocker before blowing up as a rapper

>>61705639
i was busy tonight and no one posted it before me. tuesday nights i don't get home until like 10:30, and don't get a chance to get to my computer until 11, and i'm also a forgetful dumbass
>>
>>61705666
and post malone's manager / close friend is lyor cohen's son
>>
>>61705666
Okay fair enough.
Glad someone did it at least.
>>
>>61705620
Albert Hammond Jr man, I'm sure you've heard of Hammond organs. All of them are stinking rich.
>>
>>61705664
Like which acts on Captured Tracks?

What about burger records? Rhymesayers?
>>
the viet cong blurb from the anticipated albums list was the worst thing they've put out in a long time
>>61703340
>>
>>61705792
didn't half the band meet eachother at some elite boarding school in the swiss alps
>>
>>61705834
yes
julian's dad is also a billionaire
don't know about any of the other strokes besides julian and albert but they are trust fund babys
julian made a big deal about how he never used daddy's money to get where he is (an irrelevant, washed up cuck?) but we don't know if he's lying or not.
>>
>>61705810
perfect pussy surely
>>
File: Pitchfork 2009 to 2015.png (354 KB, 987x1589) Image search: [Google]
Pitchfork 2009 to 2015.png
354 KB, 987x1589
>still even ironically paying attention to Pitchfork
>>
>still using Pitchfork after Conde Nast bought them
lmao @ u senpai
>>
>>61705817
i mean, they're right, the name was the biggest thing they had against them and now it's gone, so who cares

but like, i dont think they've even hinted at an album coming out this year yet? so why even write this
>>
>>61705876
diversity is a pox that will destroy american culture
>>
>>61705876
sorry that black people are making better music nowadays, maybe you should try listening to more dadrock to feel okay?
>>
>>61705906

It's not even diversity

It's just forced affirmative action for blacks, with really no regard to asians, hispanics, indians, etc.

>>61705924
https://www.reddit.com/r/lewronggeneration

You can go back
>>
The members of the Strokes were all trust fund kids, but at least they made one fun album.

Still glad I never gave them a penny.
>>
>>61705876
shine blockas was a TUNE
>>
>>61705881
i mean yeah it's the biggest thing they had against them, but they should never have had it against them to begin with.
i care because they got pressured into changing their name by the limp wristed nu males at pitchfork, otherwise they wouldn't get anymore BNMs. it goes against the idea of free expression of art.
>>
>>61705924
no, they're just giving good ratings for the sake of it
>>
>>61705924
the most genuinely cuckolded post i've seen on /mu/ all year
>>
>>61705942
maybe to asians and hispanics but they're gonna suck MIA's dick if she ever puts anything out again because
>MUH FUGEES
>>
>>61705876
>Empress Of is on there but Neon Indian isn't
>>
the only good white bands are beach house and +@
>>
>>61706064
that's not true, beach house sucks
+@ are the saviors of indie though
>>
>>61705942
i don't... get it? how did you fuck up an insult

>>61705964
eh, i understand wanting to change the name beyond fear of no more BNMs. the name itself is linked to some pretty racist shit in american history, so people are bound to not like that. i would have enjoyed their music regardless of what they called their band, but i think it shows some serious maturity to understand that some people's emotions surrounding the mistreatment of others are important and should be acknowledged
>>
File: smug_george.jpg (28 KB, 300x269) Image search: [Google]
smug_george.jpg
28 KB, 300x269
>>61705924
>trap
>good
>>
>>61706124
>i don't... get it?

You literally type like you're on Reddit as well

Go back.
>>
>>61706124
>emotions
>important

fuck off

nobody cares and no one should care if some nigger "identifies" with historical oppression, it's being fucking delusional

there are so many programs and systems in place to help people who genuinely want to be helped, if you choose to nig instead that's your fucking fault.
>>
>>61706124
knowing that they have caved under pressure like this and not stuck to their guns and their artistic vision just because keyboard warriors on twitter don't like their name has left a bad impression on me, and a bunch of others, at least on /mu/. i understand that, on one hand, they need to eat and can't do that without BNMs. on the other, letting people who probably don't even listen to your music pressure you into doing things is such a dumbass move. i'm going to try to enjoy their new music, but knowing they are such pussies to cave to pitchfork and their agenda will make it harder to appreciate.
>>
>>61705570
Perfect Pussy
>>
>>61706337
oooo shit yeah this
>>
>>61705834
Yep. Le Rosey. I used to go to another school in Switzerland, and everyone from Le Rosey was always a complete piece of shit.
>>
>>61706124
>the name itself is linked to some pretty racist shit in american history, so people are bound to not like that.
No, it isn't. The Viet Cong had little to do with racism. They did kick America's ass though.
>>
File: cover.jpg (63 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
63 KB, 500x500
>>61706390
People who were victimized by the actual Viet Cong got peeved and the incident was amplified by the social justice crowd. It was all kind of ironic considering the many U.S. atrocities in Vietnam such as the My Lai massacre. And anyway the band's Canadian.

Personally I thought it was an overreaction, and that the name was cool.

Anyway what're you all listening to? Pic related for me.
>>
>>61706528
god i fucking love low's cover art
>>
>>61706150
>implying trap is not good
Hello old /mu/!
>>
>>61706549
Yes it's very nice.

What was the response around here when Blackstar got BNM on Friday? I missed that thread.
>>
>>61706528
>People who were victimized by the actual Viet Cong got peeved and the incident was amplified by the social justice crowd.
Literally none of the people who complained were victims of the Vietnam, it was all a bunch of 20 year old students. You think any of the actual victims of the Viet Cong would ever listen to this band?

I agree, it was overblown.
>>
Rubble Kings - 7.4
WALL - 6.9
Richie Hawtin - 6.5
Witchcraft - 5.5 (based qt Zoe strikes again)
Cozz - 6.9
>>
NIGHTLY RUNDOWN
Rubble Kings: The Album 7.4
WALL 6.9
Richie Hawtin 6.5
Witchcraft 5.5
Cozz 6.9
>>
File: dcfc.jpg (129 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
dcfc.jpg
129 KB, 600x600
>>61706232
uh, we were talking about a band taking their name from the Vietnam War's National Liberation Front, not blacks. like, at all. but cool casual racism!

>>61706258
see i think we disagree on how much this name change had to do with pitchfork and how much it had to do with just genuinely understanding that some people found their name to be uncomfortable at best and flat out racist at worst. i'm sure both factor into play, but i think the latter is more of the reason for the change. it's fine though, we don't actually know why they changed it, so this is a moot point.

>>61706390
no it's more the whole "four white men making a profit by calling themselves a slur for Vietnamese soldiers created by white men" thing that's racist

>>61706528
great album choice, pic related
>>
pretty lame night.

night all!
>>
>>61706598
>cool casual racism!

You don't fucking belong here.
>>
>>61706587
>Literally none of the people who complained were victims of the Vietnam, it was all a bunch of 20 year old students.
I think it might have been an advocacy group that launched a complaint and the students responded to it by taking up arms. The whole incident is idiotic in retrospect.

>>61706598
>great album choice, pic related
Thank you.
>>
>>61706636
thank you Good Content Guy for being so based.
>>
>>61706598
Hi Tumblr!

>>61706636
Bye Tumblr!

Don't come back
>>
>>61706598
>four white men making a profit by calling themselves a slur for Vietnamese soldiers created by white men
You're talking out of your ass. The Vietcong were not Vietnamese soldiers moron. Also, it was created by the South Vietnamese, not white people, and means Vietnamese Communist.
>>
>>61706337
>>61706354
Story behind this?

I hated them already but what's the scoop?
>>
>>61706598
>some people found their name to be uncomfortable at best and flat out racist at worst.
Which is a stupid outlook that makes no sense if one actually looks at the Viet Cong.
>>
>>61706660
>I think it might have been an advocacy group that launched a complaint and the students responded to it by taking up arms. The whole incident is idiotic in retrospect.
Nope, it was literally a Vietnamese student group at Oberlin. There was no controversy before that.
>>
>>61706748
>Oberlin

when will this fucking meme school go away?

all it does is produce worthless trustfunders who will have easy lives where they do nothing but complain because their parents are rich.
>>
>>61706598
god damn you are such a shitty fucking trip, you know how to work photoshop so anons will suck your dick, but in reality you're just some tumblr crossposter who shits up the thread with his shit opinons
>>
>>61706636
It's cute that you're pretending you've gone to sleep, instead of jerking off to all the responses to your moronic racism post above.
>>
File: 1452573028696.png (18 KB, 628x156) Image search: [Google]
1452573028696.png
18 KB, 628x156
>>61706588
what did Zoe Camp mean by this?
>>
>>61706598
>just genuinely understanding that some people found their name to be uncomfortable at best and flat out racist at worst.
a. it is neither of these things
b. they shouldn't care though. it's their band, they should be able to call it whatever they want without having it detract away from the music (which it didn't). these retards at pitchfork and twitter wouldn't have been able to do that though, because they don't care about music. fuck this website.
>>
>>61706636
>u-uh oh, everybody's calling me out on my shit, it's a good thing the scores just came out, i can use this as an excuse to leave before i see how many replies calling me a faggot i get!!!
>>
>>61705924
thanks for posting this under your trip. capped for future reference. now everyone will know what you really are.
>>
Does anyone like the new Witchcraft? Will anyone ever like the new Witchcraft?
>>
>>61706825
Zoe Camp - Queen of de Nile
>>
>>61708044
what does that mean
>>
>>61708133
that she's afro-american
>>
we wuz rubble kingz p4kfam
>>
>>61706652
Fuck off not everyone who posts here is an edgy teenager who thinks its cool to say nigger

Try saying that shit in real life and see how far it takes you
>>
would love to share three packs a day with Courtney Barnett
>>
>>61705924
Why would you say such stupid things Good Content Guy, I always liked you. Now you filled me with disgust and hate.
So fuck you and your shitty little thread.
>>
>>61706588
>It's a Zoe-doesn't-care-about-giving-good-scores-so-bands'-PR-teams-will-give-her-free-shit-like-everyone-else-in-the-industry review

just another reminder that the beautiful Zoe Camp is the only patrician at conde nast
Why is she so perfect bros?
>>
>>61705876
>dj koze
>of colour
try again.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.