[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What will he rate Blackstar /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2
File: ncoNwuh1tcGMYNE0.png (55 KB, 209x204) Image search: [Google]
ncoNwuh1tcGMYNE0.png
55 KB, 209x204
What will he rate Blackstar /mu/?
>>
6/10
>>
who cares?
>>
>>61702934
/thread
>>
W H O C A R E S ?
H
O
C
A
R
E
S
?
>>
I have genuinely no idea. Scaruffi himself says he values emotional content over musical technique, so I should think he'd give it *at least* a 7.5.
>>
>>61702934
>>61702950
This. Why do music reviewers even exist? Just listen to it and form your own fucking opinion.
>>
>>61702933
this

maybe 6.5
>>
Who gives a shit?
>>
>>61702963
He's an aspie he doesn't understand emotions
>>
>>61703027
That's not what autism is.
>>
>>61703027
this desu
>>
>>61702981
>Why do music reviewers even exist?
>form your own fucking opinion.

this is a funny idea
you basically say music reviewers should be silent
because anyone who forms an opinion on music has effectively reviewed it
therefore the only difference between you and scaruffi is that scaruffi wrote down his opinions

is the world going to improve when everyone keeps every opinion to himself?
the answer is no, obviously
>>
>>61703027
That's the opposite of how emotions affect aspies, retard.
>>
>>61703057
Jesus Christ, I obviously meant professional music reviewers. Kill yourself you autistic shitbag.
>>
>>61703044
>>61703062
Sorry I'm not up to date on retard science, didn't mean to offend you autismos
>>
>>61703112
Hardcore memeing dude nice job :^)
>>
>>61703093
he's a freelance amateur

professional critics exist because people are interested in opinions
normal people, anyway
>>
>>61703112
Aspies aren't retards either. :^)
>>
>>61703137
Whoa bro don't have an episode
>>
>>61703093
He's an amateur isn't he? He is just professionally adored here.
>>
>>61703112
10/10 memes i luv it bruv
>>
>>61703163
>>61703150
I can practically hear the "REEEEEEEEEE"s through my laptop screen :0)
>>
>>61702934
////////thread
>>
>>61703179
That at least is easily understood: paracusia.
>>
>>61703148
>professional critics exist because people are interested in opinions
We don't need reviews from special snowflakes. Public opinion works well enough.
>>
>>61703215
senpai don't you have a train set to obsess over or a wall to bang your head on :^)
>>
>>61703224
i suppose the top 40 really is all that matters after all
>>
>>61703224
lol
>>
He's going to give it a 5/10 and say something like

"In true form, David Bowie turned his own death into a gimmick."
>>
>>61702902
probably not even rate it and finally commit suicide because I'm tired of this meme
>>
>>61703224
Public opinion is shit made by plebs who know next to nothing about music.
>>
>>61703442
I can see this being a thing, yeah.
>>
>>61703224
>Public opinion works well enough

Yeah haha that's why /mu/ is so good amirite???
>>
>>61703292
>>61703381
>>61703574
>>61703659
Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on 4chan by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is 4chan. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it.
>>
good thread
>>
File: i think you need to leave.jpg (24 KB, 251x298) Image search: [Google]
i think you need to leave.jpg
24 KB, 251x298
>>61703684
>I don't have an actual comeback
>>
>>61703574
What exactly do you know about music? Or most of /mu/ for that matter? Do you know the inner workings of theory or how equipment works? Sorry you arnt a special snowflake for being autistic.
>>
>>61702981
Because you can't listen to everything, and it's meant as an indication on what to listen to. A reviewer that has similar tastes to you becomes an asset as you can find albums you will like more quickly.

Is this just an edginess thing? I refuse to believe that the people who ask this retarded question again and again actually can't figure out the answer.
>>
>>61702981
they facilitate the conversation about music

what they say doesn't matter as long as they say something
>>
The fact that so many reviewers name Blackstar as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" album about death ever only tells you how far albums about death are from becoming a serious art

5/10
>>
7/10 now
6/10 after all the hype is over
>>
5.5/10
>>
>>61704221
This. Really overrated pre-death album. Listen to something like Las Ăšltimas Canciones de Violeta Parra instead. Serious stuff.
>>
>>61703442
Yup along with criticism along the lines of "'experimental' music that steals from real experimental musicians."
>>
>>61703093
Scaruffi makes no money from his reviews, dipshit.
>>
what is his name
>>
give me one argument against his assessment of david bowie
>>
It will be the only 10/10 he ever gives
>>
>>61703027
Very wrong. He loves Springsteen, Dylan and Van Morrison and much more highly for their emotional power.
>>
>>61705070
it's wrong.
>>
How m stupid do you think his review is going to be from 1-10
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.