[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long until contrarians start saying he sucked?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (205 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205 KB, 1000x1000
How long until contrarians start saying he sucked?
>>
You're living on it
>>
>>61697266
literally as soon as he died
so many shitposts
>>
>>61697266
How long until attention whoring tripfags pretend to care abo- oh wait...
>>
like yesterday
>>
No one's saying he sucks. We're just informing you that he's incredibly mediocre, at times slightly better than mediocre.
>>
>>61697345
Maybe in the 1990s

But if you think his 70's output is even remotely close to being mediocre you are mistaken
>>
>>61697306
this, whole /mu/ is a meme.
>>
>>61697374
>Maybe in the 1990s
And in the 2010s. Blackstar was mediocre. Get over it you pleb. And remove your trip immediately unless you want instant disregarded opinion by anyone who isn't a turbopleb.
>>
>>61697477
(You)

Blackstar was a great album before he died
>>
>>61697374
>dissing 90s bowie
You get worst with every post mane
>>
>>61697345
show me some non mediocre music please
>>
>>61697537
Lol nigga U just saying that because he has a trip lmao
>>
>>61697515
Opinion disregarded
>>
I think it's time I leave for a while, call me a pussy but I really liked Bowie and all this excessive shitposting is getting to me
>>
>>61697266
right now, bitch
>>
>>61697266
So you're pretending you're not one of the shitposters that trolled the bowie threads yesterday?
>>
>>61697596
Good, fuck off you pussy ass pleb and don't come back until you can form opinions on music that aren't "but he dead!!!!! so DEEP"
>>
>>61697345
>incredibly mediocre
this is probably the most subjective, unproveable criticism that gets flung about here, and it's applied to literally any artist. like everything is mediocre and you'd better not let anybody go on without informing them of how non-special X artist is. what marvelous insight.
>>
>>61697477
>i care about how people regard my opinions online, especially when i'm anonymous
jesus dude
>>
>>61697691
All music is subjective but some music is just less subjective than others.
>>
>>61697266
I never really liked him. I'm not going to start now.
>>
Why do plebs constantly chalk up disliking something or having a negative opinion on something that has mass appeal to "being contrarian"?

>"Oh, you don't like this thing that the majority of people like? You're just being contrarian!"

This isn't even close to being a good argument. People have different opinions on things, especially things like movies. Claiming that 4chan just tries to be "contrarian" is a shitty argument, because then people could just as easily argue that you're just trying to agree with the masses.

Oh you LIKE Bowie? Well you just like him because everyone else likes him. See? That's a stupid, pointless shitty argument.

I enjoy 4chan because people offer different points of views on movies and television that you're not going to see expressed on other websites where people are afraid for whatever dumb reason to go against the masses and form negative opinions on popular things.

If you want a hivemind, literally go to reddit. You will love it and never have to make a shitty thread like this again.
>>
>>61697799
rekt
>>
>>61697266
you're literally the worst tripfag on /mu/, and that's saying something
>>
>>61697771
at any level of subjectivity there is still no use in purely saying whether something is good or bad. no matter how marginally true or objective such a statement might be, without references or comparisons (to frame the opinion), it's just masturbatory. if one doesn't want to get into a real discussion about the merits of a piece of music, the way to express opinion is to say "i dont like it."
>>
>>61697799
>4chan just tries to be "contrarian"
4chan just tries to be a cunt
fixed that for you
>>
>>61697799
>I enjoy 4chan because people offer different points of views

that's where I realised you're just trolling
>>
>>61697799
you can have your opinion and not like Bowie. But to call someone who has consistently been adored and respected by their entire industry for over 40 years "mediocre" is obviously contrarian. And if you're not trolling you may just be autistic to not understand this
>>
>>61697266
right after they finish calling him a rapists
>>
>>61698340
>But to call someone who has consistently been adored and respected by their entire industry for over 40 years "mediocre" is obviously contrarian.
No, it's called having your own opinion. You know that music is subjective, right?
>>
Sticky gone already?
We're meant to have three days of mourning you know.
>>
File: ryuukofreeodm.png (56 KB, 160x170) Image search: [Google]
ryuukofreeodm.png
56 KB, 160x170
>>61697799
I bet you defend the prequels on /tv/

In fact, I fucking guarantee it

Fuck you
>>
>>61698486
3 was good
not great but good
>>
>>61698452
> music is subjective
that's, like, your opinion 87)
>>
>>61697788
The very reason Bowie was held in such high esteem by so many people...we don't want you to like him you've made your mind up and are not prepared to change it. I'm sorry you won't have the pleasure from his the music that i did, but I accept that even idiots are entitled to there own opinions.
>>
>ctrl+f Oasis
>no results

tf are you guys doing he listens to Oasis.
>>
>>61698486
The only good SW movies are ANH and ESB
>>
>>61697799
i know that feel
i mean i won't say his music sucked but i never liked him, i always thought he was a special snowflake attention whore, especially for picking up that giant starving somalian like she was some kind of accessory. Like that poster of that black chick with the huge afro in the 70's, the one all the black guys had, but some skinny white attention whore had to take it a step further, perhaps to keep himself looking like he's so fucking avant garde.

Everything about him represents what i disliked about the 80's, that creepy, showy, angular aesthetic, the faux femininity, and it's doubly irritating to see all these millennials start fellating the whole thing because he happened to die

i swear if the 80's makes a come back i'm going to flip my shit
>>
>>61698541
how'd you feel about the force awakens
>>
>>61698520
>passive aggressive faggot detected
i'm not sorry that you'll get aids and die someday you cunt
>>
>>61697799
This is a valid point however it does not apply to threads involving David Bowie (this is not open to interpretation or discussion)
>>
>>61698520
>Say that I don't really like an artist
>get called a close-minded idiot
What is happening

Do I have to like all music in order to be considered smart now?
>>
>>61698591
I know it's stupid to get mad at someone on the Internet, especially on 4chan, but you're a real piece of shit.

also
>hating on Bowie and Iman's relationship
There's a lot I don't know, but I do know this: you will die bitter and alone.
>>
>>61697266
It happened already.
>>
>>61697266
-24 hours
>>
>>61698621
It felt like a rushed Marvel flick and none of the characters are as memorable as the ones from the OT
Not really terrible but I don't believe people will still be talking about it in a decade or two from now
>>
>>61698768
Oh look, another faux groupie white knighting a dead guy. Fuck you. Go clean your sty, pig.
>>
>>61698870
i wonder what it's like to be this insecure
>>
>>61698726
>however it does not apply to threads involving David Bowie (this is not open to interpretation or discussion)
Why?

I understand that there's obvious trolls who come into these threads to stir shit and get some (You)s but people like >>61698520 are just as bad as them
>>
>>61698754
I wouldn't be lumped in with the perpetually stoned hirsute landwhales who like Bowie just because he gave them their first wet pussies with Labyrinth.
>>
>>61698870
People use "white knighting" way too liberally these days
>>
>>61698923
I wonder what it's like to conjure up arguments based on nothing in some half-assed attempt to look insightful.

go back to /adv/
>>
>>61697266
I've always said he sucked
>>
>>61698950
what, was bowie not a woman?
>>
>>61697799
get this hothead out of here - you're sounding too reasonable
>>
>>61697477
BlackStar is a piece of art, it's absolutely because he died. His death is part of the album.
>>
>>61697266
How long until people stop showing such unhealthy biases in either direction and evaluate his work in a way where they look for both the good and the bad?
>>
Besides Mayor Tom, did he have any good songs?
>>
>>61698648
Apologies if my post appeared to be passive/aggressive it was my intention to be condescending and to appear culturally superior.
Given your insight into my death can you at least tell me how i get aids please tell me its drug fueled bum sex and not some shitty boring rare disease blood transfusion.
If bum sex is not available I will settle for infection via shared needles preferably good quality heroin. RSVP
>>
>>61699033
Bowie never had mass appeal. Sure he was pretty popular, but he never had a US number one record until black star. He was always consistently relevant and critically acclaimed though. You arguing that he sucked is like saying the Godfather sucked. You're entitled to that opinion, but it's a retarded opinion to hold
>>
>>61697625
kill yourself
>>
>>61697799
/tv/ is currently complete shit though
>>
>>61699069
Life on Mars, modern love, under pressure, star man, changes, quicksand, ashes to ashes, suffragette city, etc, etc etc
>>
>>61699069
Literally all of Aladdin Sane, Ziggy Stardust, Station To Station, Heroes.
>>
Friendly reminder that Montie didn't give a shit about Bowie before Blackstar and now he's pretending to like him just because it's fashionable to do so

Oh and he listens to Oasis.
O A S I S
>>
>>61699471
>MONTIE LIKES SOMETHING I LIKE WAHHHH

I liked Blackstar before he died. I also enjoyed the shit out of Bowie before he died. Ziggy Stardust was really important to me last year.
>>
>>61699541
>tfw listened to it the night before he died
Loved it then, love it now.
>>
>>61698931
I can't argue with your logic and as much as I may think my comment was frivolous in all honesty it wasn't. I hate public grief over celebrities, but David Bowie had such an impact on my life and many many of my peers many of whom have been in contact with each other for the first time in decades to express how sad his death was. If it wasn't for Bowie I could pretty much guarantee I wouldn't be on mu/ and would probably have a passing interest rather than a lifelong passion for music.And for the next few days i will defend the legacy of Bowie out of respect for the contribution he made to me being me x
>>
>>61699005

Genderfluidity is half the point of 70s bowie lol. Maybe it weren't manly but it was groundbreaking art.
>>
>>61699858
>genderfluidity
Just use the word feminine you tumblr faggot.
>>
>>61699471
nothing wrong with Oasis sorry anon
>>
>>61698591
I thought it was just me who had their entire 80's ruined because of angular aesthetics and faux femininity not to mention the current scourge of fellating millennials just because he died. the sooner these pretentious self righteous pricks are eradicated the better.
I do like the sound of special snowflake attention whores though do you have contact details you could pass on?
>>
The Next Day was overrated. His 90's output sucked. Let's dance is meh. 70's discography is fucking fantastic though.

Black star is an 8.5 though
>>
>>61697799
>I enjoy 4chan because people offer different points of view
Good joke. 4chan is by and large a hivemind.
The biggest lie 4chan ever told is when we deluded ourself to thing we were anything different than reddit or tumblr in a different format.
>>
>>61700481
Outside and Earthling are pretty good but the rest of his 90s stuff is pretty average. And The Next Day was way overrated
>>
>>61700589
Except 4chan isn't full of left wing radical feminists.
>>
>>61700616
Doesn't matter who populates it, the hivemind structure is the same.
>>
>>61700205

To change art, you have to challenge something. Bowie made glam rock, challenging gender and becoming the first queer (i.e. the actual definition) popular artist.

Small-c conservatives just can't make age-defining art, sad to say. You've got to be willing to cross a boundary no one else has. You've got to have balls.
>>
Still better than Lemmy Chillmister on stage
>>
Anyone who cannot hear the peerless depth in Bowie's music is a pleb and should be disregarded.
>>
>>61697596
I really liked Bowie but shitpost about him anyway cause he fucking sucked.
>>
>>61697771
>using an animal farm quote
>>
>>61697266
He was overrated
>>
>>61701548
Motorhead put on a great show.

Sure Bowie was much more theatrical, but Motorhead didn't need or want to be. Their shows were like their music - and perfectly suited for it - stripped down and simple and to the point. Remember Motorhead was coming out of a scene all about not doing bloated indulgent arena rock shit.

I never saw Bowie live, I'm sure he was great too, just in a very different way
>>
He did fucking suck and barley anyone ever talked about his shitty music until he died
I'm tired of seeing 10 fucking David Bowie threads in the catalog
>>
>>61702352
>>61702363
these
>>
>>61697266
how long until people stop spamming threads about him?
>>
>>61697477
Dude it was a 10/10 even before his death, literally fucking amazing
>>
>>61702809
It really wasn't though. maybe 3-3.5 out of 5 at best. And it still is, after his death.
>>
>>61702809
nah it's really mediocre
>>
Calling someone mediocre isn't an opinion it's a statement.

Saying you don't like someones music is an opinion.
>>
>>61698591
>if the 80's makes a come back i'm going to flip my shit
where the hell have you fucking been for the past few years
>>
>>61697266
he probably did suck a few dicks, probably only the best and most aesthetic dicks, since he was bi and all
what's wrong with sucking dick?
>>
File: shiggy.jpg (13 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
shiggy.jpg
13 KB, 640x480
>>61697771
>>>/reddit/
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.