[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> bored of everything i listen to >need new shit >cant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
> bored of everything i listen to

>need new shit

>cant find any new artist/band with stuff that consistently appeals to me

what do you guys do to find new music?
>>
>>61676495
I usually browse bandcamp

Saved a bunch of bandcamps URLs I liked. Mostly soul/funk/african stuff.
>>
Not be a closed-minded retard? Go to rym, find an album you like, select one of the sub genres, and scroll through there. Or you can go to top albums, go into about the 700-1000 range and just pick something that looks good. Also sharethreads, suggestions from friends, last.fm. if you cant regularly find new music you're just an idiot.
>>
browse around on rym
>>
>>61676495
chart threads or
>>61676634
>>
>>61676495
essentials charts but don't rely too heavily on them, rateyourmusic genre lists & lists that users have made, and discogs - discogs is where you'll find the most obscure stuff so it's fun to just take gambles with it
>>
It just sort of happens naturally.
You might start by listening to huge lists, discographies, or even record label discographies just feeling around.
Eventually you'll find something that you're so obsessed with that you'll naturally research to find anything by influenced artists, artists they influenced, even anything from the same vague genre, influenced genre or decade.
Learn the tools- wikipedia, google, allmusic, can all be great gateways.
>>
>>61676495
dig through different record labels
>>
>>61677467
>>61676634
This.
>>
I keep a running list of stuff I'm interested in hearing and then hit youtube most every morning. If I like what I'm hearing, I check the channel of the uploader and if there's a bunch of other stuff there, I bookmark it, whether it's a label or an individual. I got so many good bookmarks. Sometimes I just hit those, esp when I'm working on something else.
>>
File: arthur album 2.png (83 KB, 591x436) Image search: [Google]
arthur album 2.png
83 KB, 591x436
i only listen to memes
>>
just look up Incubus you fucking faggot
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.