[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Tfw Kurt Cobain orchestrated becoming a giant rockstar and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: kc.jpg (93 KB, 970x724) Image search: [Google]
kc.jpg
93 KB, 970x724
>Tfw Kurt Cobain orchestrated becoming a giant rockstar and killing himself to become a legend right from the start
>>
okay
>>
Dude, the band name is called Nirvana. Nirvana, as in, to extinguish.

So, duh.
>>
Reminder that he killed Kurt
>>
>>61639764
I plan on doing the same thing.
>>
>tfw Kurt Cobain ripped his life off of Darby Crash
>>
>>61639958
Why'd he do it?
>>
>>61640019
I feel so bad for Darby, no one remembers him because he timed his suicide the day before John Lennon's murder and was overshadowed. That fucking sucks.
>>
he was the k00lest desu senpai
>>
>>61640068
that's p funny to be quite frank
>>
>>61639992
ok
>>
>>61639795
Have you ever even experienced Nirvana? God that was the single greatest moment of my life. Terrifying shortly afterwards but fucking great nonetheless. #acid
>>
>implying it wasn't an accidental discharge while he was cleaning his gun
>>
>>61642277
p sure u just experienced acid
>>
>>61640068
I like the Germs, but Darby wasn't an exceptional talent or nothing - it's doubtful he would have created anything great if he hadn't offed himself.

At least he was in the right place at the right time to get noticed and remembered - which is more than you can say for the vast majority of kids (some very talented no doubt) who can't handle whatever issues they have.

The real bad timing for Darby was living in a time being a fag was so hard to deal with.
>>
>>61639764
yes, because that was the most surefire way to get famous in the late 80's - start an indie band 1000s of miles from a major media market
>>
>>61642315
Is that why he stuck a suicide note next to him?
>>
>>61642382
He made Nevermind as pop accessible in order to win over the music industry.
>>
>>61642385
It was song lyrics
>>
>>61642277
You saw the island, but didn't build your home there. You held Nirvana in your hands and it slipped through the cracks.
I'm actually just starting to research Buddhism. Sounds like a nice trip.
>>
>>61642416
buddhist preachers leave please
>>
>>61642405
I sincerely doubt he ever imagined he could be bigger than Sonic Youth or REM was at the time.

Certainly no one else did.
>>
>>61642385
>implying he didn't accidentally write a suicide note
>>
>>61642473
Why do people like to pretend Nevermind was some Cinderella story vs an album with expectations backed by a HUGE record label

>Geffen Records hoped that Nevermind would sell around 250,000 copies, which was the same level the record company had achieved with Sonic Youth's Geffen debut Goo. The best estimate was that if all involved worked hard, the record could possibly be certified Gold by September 1992.
>>
>>61642473
He wanted to be as big as Jimi Hendrix and go out the same way in order to secure a life long legacy
The first few songs on Nevermind are all radio friendly top 100 songs. If he wanted to stay true to his roots he wouldn't have signed with a major label

Also the last words he wrote down were "Its better to burn out than to fade away"
>>
>>61642473
in an interview after nirvana's 91 reading festival performance he literally says they'll be a household name in no time with no hint of sarcasm in his voice

I'll find the video if anyone gives a shit or doesn't believe it
>>
>>61642405
With the help of Butch Vig producing his tracks into a more pop sound approach (Double vocal chorus, fuller guitar tones, drums sound as it if they were compressed and very clean, Kurt Cobain was inspired by The Beatles). I also watched Sonic Highways where Dave Grohl went to Seattle and in an interview with Sub Pop, they messaged some magazine companies about their music scene and they showcased Kurt's work so the critics were all like "They remind me of the Beatles so we should make money off him and give him lots of attention".
>>
>>61642559

Interesting. I'd like to see the link.
>>
File: world domination.jpg (4 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
world domination.jpg
4 KB, 231x218
>>61642523
optimistic record label HOPES for 250,000, goes on to sell 30,000,000 - thats pretty much a cinderella story right there

>>61642535
>>61642559
wild success was a running joke with grunge bands (see pic related an early Sup Pop T Shirt) and it was told with a straight face - no on really expected it.

And his last words - Neil Young lyrics, big deal.
>>
>>61642613
http://youtu.be/g31GF4uck3E

1:35 he says "it doesn't matter, it'll be a household word in no time" in response to the interviewer asking how they decided on calling themselves Nirvana.

maybe I'm just autistic but he doesn't smile or anything and he sounds sincere
>>
>mfw he was born in kenya
>>
File: 2554_kurt_cobain[2].jpg (2 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
2554_kurt_cobain[2].jpg
2 MB, 2560x1600
>>61639764
he was murdered though?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.