[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are James Ferraro and Spencer Clark the most underrated musicians
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 130321-the-skaters.jpg (160 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
130321-the-skaters.jpg
160 KB, 620x413
Are James Ferraro and Spencer Clark the most underrated musicians of our time?
>>
Probably.
>>
>>61623657
I wonder what they were doing in Brighton with a baby
>>
>>61624188
selling it
>>
>>61623657
no not really if /mu/ knows about them
>>
>>61624227
>/mu/ knows about them
you can probably count on your fingers the people on mu who knows them
>>
>>61624402
>Farside Virtual existing
>NOBODY KNOWS ON /mu/!
Where were you late 2011-2012?
>>
>>61625750
nobody on this board really care for pre-FSV ferraro's records
>>
>>61625803
That's true. Nor anything after it. But it's unfair to say Ferraro at least is underrated. Skaters stuff is weirdly irrelevant.
>>
>>61623657
james looks soo old in this photo
>>
>>61625818
most of their discog is garbage but they made a couple of god-tier records (Pavilionous, Physicalities of the Sensibilities)
>>
>>61625750
because people only know him for farside and sometimes nights doll with hairspray but thats only ferraro
>>
what'd you guys think of spencer's album from last year?

https://soundcloud.com/pacificcitysound/julian-neyers-airport-tarzana
>>
>>61626736
pretty good stuff desu
>>
>>61623657
Marcel-core musicians
>>
>>61628031
>caring what other people likes
>>
>>61628282
he's supposed to be dropping an interview with Clark soon and he did an interview with OESB where the label guy revealed some exclusive shit regarding both Ferraro and Clark's early days of recording.
>>
>>61628321
it was really shit interview senpai
>>
File: $RNJR5V1.jpg (121 KB, 525x394) Image search: [Google]
$RNJR5V1.jpg
121 KB, 525x394
"yes"
>>
http://thequietus.com/articles/07586-james-ferraro-far-side-virtual-interview
>My original idea for Far Side Virtual was to make an album collected in 16 ringtones that you could download to your cell phone and listen to that way. I just had some ideas for ringtones floating in my head. And I would imagine what their titles would be, especially as they would appear on someone's illuminated mobile phone screen as they bought them. The two elements (ringtone + title) started to represent a kind of haiku. The "haikus" together made a still life, an aerial view of our digital society.
>I was drinking a V-SMOOTHIE, in West Hollywood, at this place called Earth Bar. The ambience was like cold, moist air-conditioned Eco-space, digital ringtones tweeting off, smoothie blenders, laptops. And then a blue-haired man walked up to the counter in his five-finger shoes, texting on his Blackberry. The space felt so online. I was in a diverse online rain forest of $60 eco-smoothies and flat screen TV menus. I just wanted to make music that sounded like this, something these people could blast on their iPods. The ideas got deeper then this later, but this was the initial starting point.
I love James, especially his aesthetic vision
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.