[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about him, /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: philliam collins.jpg (207 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
philliam collins.jpg
207 KB, 1920x1080
What do you think about him, /mu/?
>>
Great drummer, fine singer, mediocre solo act.
>>
i liked the cover they did of that disturbed song
>>
he should probably have trimmed his eyebrows
>>
>>61607948
who dat bryan eno
>>
OH

THINK TWICE
>>
>>61608232

no it's moby
>>
Oh Lord
>>
>>61608042
/thread
>>
I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.
>>
>>61608293
DALE
>>
>>61608821
>mfw i actually kinda agree with bateman
>>
>>61608042
this but I'd add that he and Peter Gabriel were two of the most important innovators of the eighties

gabriel more than collins, but they were both hugely influential

they pioneered the cymbal-less drum sound of the eighties (inspired by African music), beat machines, polyrhythms in pop, and unusual time signatures and key changes in pop, as well as the hollow, minimal sound you hear on tracks like "Intruder" (Gabriel) and "Mama" (Collins)
>>
>>61608228
what on earth kind of faggot would you have to be to do this
>>
Easy Lover is a fuckin jam
>>
>>61607948
mazin drummer
mazin singer

drumming -
the musical box
entire lamb album
invented gated reverb (see- intruder)

singing
mama
live versions of in the cage/the musical box (much better singing than PG on those tracks)
in the air tonight
i don't care anymore

he's pretty good but his solo music is kind of garbage
>>
>>61608228
>>61609174
this
no guy is metro, only the guys trapped in a closet
>>
File: qtlilycollins.gif (2 MB, 245x270) Image search: [Google]
qtlilycollins.gif
2 MB, 245x270
he's made some classic songs, another day in paradise, easy lover, against all odds, sussudio, in the air tonight etc. i'm also a fan of his daughter
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.