[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>300 words for rock >use label ''electronic''
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 11
File: wew americans.jpg (344 KB, 1599x1568) Image search: [Google]
wew americans.jpg
344 KB, 1599x1568
>300 words for rock
>use label ''electronic'' unironically
>>
YEEHAW

But seriously,

YEEHAW
>>
when the labels are as inventive as the music...
>down tempo
>dub step
>house
>hardstyle
>>
File: 1440805277823.jpg (13 KB, 279x311) Image search: [Google]
1440805277823.jpg
13 KB, 279x311
>mfw people think they're clever by calling all rock, "string music"
>>
>untold thousands of incrementally different styles of dong music
>the entire tradition of western art music is just "classical"
>>
>>61601735
Rock is string music + amp music

String music is an umbrella genre which includes rock and classical

Remember kids, the more you know...
>>
>>61601851
Its hilarious a board calls themselves patricians but uses the labels classical and jazz but breaks rock and rap into multiple sub, subgenres.

>>61601865
>>
>>61601908
Yet electronic includes classical music too.
>>
Electronic music is good as a genre, because it describes a specific musical tradition. Now, not all music made with electronics is Electronic Music. An example of this would be Radiohead. They make use of electronics, but their music isn't considered to be Electronic Music. That's because they are not part of this Electronic Music tradition.
>>
>>61602443
|0\
>>
>>61602443
>not all music made with electronics is Electronic Music.

Except thats EXACTLY what electronic music means.
>>
>>61602677
Not when people refer to Electronic Music as a musical genre.
>>
>>61602443
they're electronic rock tho
>>
>>61602754
But they are not Electronic Music (the genre).
>>
>>61602677
>>61602698
I'm with Avant-Math on this one. Electronics are used widely in almost every genre (and kind) of music.
The term tradition, although a notch to broad I think it's a good working term for what electronic music exemplifies, since what I think puts a certain artist in a certain genre is the mindset, not the tools.
>>
File: impossibru.png (31 KB, 343x223) Image search: [Google]
impossibru.png
31 KB, 343x223
>>61601963
>>
>>61602783
electronic rock is an electronic music subgenre tho
>>
I just label it computer
>>
>>61602805
yeah
i think this is why people have trouble thinking of hip hop as electronic music
>>
>>61602698
>>61602805
Electronic music literally means music made electronically, be it Radiohead or The Prodigy with electronic instruments and geetahs or DJ Shadow.

>>61602808
Stockhausen, Cage, Schaeffer...
>>
File: kyle18.jpg (58 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
kyle18.jpg
58 KB, 500x333
>300 words for bassline wankery
>use labels "rock" and "jazz" unironically
>>
>>61602805
>what I think puts a certain artist in a certain genre is the mindset
No. It's the tradition they follow. Of course, when people follow said traditions, they innovate from time to time, making those innovations the new tradition, and so on. That's what genres are. That's why we call genres like Jazz, Rock, and Electronic genres.

>>61602818
Not really

>>61602842
>Electronic music literally means music made electronically
Yes, but there's also the term "Electronic Music", which most people use to refer to a specific (yet broad) genre of music.
>>
>>61602832
Hip hop is pure electronic music, theres no confusion needed.

It started as a Jamaican immigrant running DJ parties ala Jamaica in NYC with turntables and the music is still produced electronically with electronic instruments.
>>
>>61602873
>Not really

Elaborate
>>
>>61602873
Its not what I think, its what ever website and source in the world says.

>>61602873
>but there's also the term "Electronic Music", which most people use to refer to a specific (yet broad) genre of music.

No there isn't.
>>
>>61602889
Did you see my definition of Electronic Music as a genre?
>>
>>61602904
Who gives a rats arse about your personal shitty definition?
>>
>>61602900
>Its not what I think, its what ever website and source in the world says.
Their definitions are stupid and inconsistent. The best way to define Electronic Music as a genre is through the means of following and innovating on specific traditions.

>No there isn't.
Yes, there is. That's why people consider genres like Progressive Electronic, House, Techno, "IDM", etc to be part of this bigger genre called Electronic Music.

>>61602917
Because it's an improvement on the original, yet inconsistent, definition.
>>
>>61602972
>my definition is best
>theirs is shit

Yes, some shitposting teenager on 4chans biased shitty definition is better.

You're and idiot.
>>
if you are really set on electronic music being about [use of electronics] then really you should include all modern rock music, because i guarantee you won't be able to find any rock albums produced after 1975 that didn't use any electronics at all
>>
>>61602904
>they're not bcuz muh personal opinion

okey then
>>
>>61602992
Whatever. Keep calling everything electronically produced electronic music then, and everything acoustically produced acoustic music and you are done.

>>61603015
Just like you
>electronic rock is electronic music because I say so
>>
>>61602992
You got trolled son.
>>
>>61602997
>if

Its a fact. If you spent 5 minutes reading literally anything you'd know this and you'd also know the difference between electronic instruments and electronically amplified instruments and mastering etc
>>
>>61601359
>>300 words for rock
>>use label ''electronic'' unironically
this is your fucking problem. There are not 300 words for 'rock.' Rock is an umbrella term that can refer to a plethora of genres, yet it still gets used and when it does most people are intelligent enough to assess the context it's being used in and know more or less exactly what is being talked about. For some retarded reason electronic music fans are to autistic to grasp this simple nuance of word use. It's completely idiotic since what is being demanded is a reduction of everyone's vocabulary and the absence of a useful blanket term whose meaning is adjustable to the context. Basically just people wanting to cause an inconvenience so they have more arbitrary reasons to think they are better than other people.
>>
>>61601851
That's like complaining that arranged noise is under the umbrella term "music." You can break down classical music further into movements and regions. Things weren't always as global as they are now, so Bach never felt the need to stand out by labelling himself as a Northern post-renaissance.
>>
>>61603092
what's a fact?
>>
>>61602997
>>61603047
>Electronic music is music that employs electronic musical instruments and electronic music technology in its production, an electronic musician being a musician who composes and/or performs such music. In general a distinction can be made between sound produced using electromechanical means and that produced using electronic technology.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_music

>An electronic musical instrument is a musical instrument that produces sound using electronics. Such an instrument sounds by outputting an electrical audio signal that ultimately drives a loudspeaker.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_musical_instrument
>>
>>61603109
again

you won't be able to find any rock albums produced after 1975 that didn't use any electronics at all
>>
>>61603098
see
>>61603109
>>
>>61603109
I'm not disagreeing with those definitions, they are correct. Those two things are effectively electronic music and electronic musical instruments. What I'm talking about here is about the Electronic Music GENRE.
>>
>>61603128
i assume your familiar with the component known as a transistor
>>
>>61603122>>61603134

see>>61603095
>>
File: rock.png (59 KB, 1089x837) Image search: [Google]
rock.png
59 KB, 1089x837
>>61603095
>There are not 300 words for 'rock.'

lmao, all this is just rock.
>>
>>61603140
Not related to my point.
>>
>>61603134
There is no electronic music genre.
>>
File: europe-political-map.gif (345 KB, 1617x1709) Image search: [Google]
europe-political-map.gif
345 KB, 1617x1709
>>61603141
lamo, all this is just Europe
>>
>>61603153
it invalidates your point
>>
https://desustorage.org/qa/thread/328089
>>
>>61603157
Techno and House are, right? And they both gre from the traditions of Electro, right?
ANd from those three genres, a lot of other genres spawned, right? So, the Electronic Music genre would be all the genres that spawned from Electro.

>>61603197
It doesn't. You might want to elaborate on it more if you think it does.
>>
>>61603214
house came from disco really desu
>>
>>61603141
And these are all electronic music genres.

Electro
Hip hop
Synthpop
Techno
House
Trance
Breakbeat
UKGarage
Downtempo
Ambient
Industrial
Electroacousmatic
Musique concrete
>>
>>61603234
Electro-Disco
>>
>>61603214
Electronic music started long before with Schaffer and Halim El-Dabh in the 1940s
>>
>>61603214
>>61603234
og house is literally just disco with bigger emphasis on rhythm
>>
>>61603245
ambient is not an electronic music genre
eno comes from a rock tradition, and all his albums feature instruments which come from the rock tradition
>>
>>61603265
that's not even a thing
or maybe it is, i dunno, i mean
who cares right
>>
>>61603273
Yeah, but that's not what I'm talking about. I was setting an example, and I'm talking about a specific genre of music, not the totality of electronically produced music.

>>61603291
Ambient didn't start with Eno
Eno's ambient seem to have more of an impressionist background, if you ask me (can't be sure though, haven't listened to that one in a long time).

>>61603310
>that's not even a thing
Uhm
>>
>>61603290
i think of it as 'minimal disco made with drum machines'
but you could also say 'hi-nrg without all the shit bits'
>>
>>61603245
*Big Beat?
>>
>>61603338
yeah i agree desu he just copied the germans

but he did coin the term
>>
>>61603338
There is no specific electronic music genre.

You have electronic music which is ALL music made with electronic instruments or one of >>61603245
>>
>>61603291

that is a supremely retarded argument

>drum and bass is not an electronic genre because it is built on the amen break therefore is funk
>house is not an electronic genre because it is the child of disco which is the child of funk

plus, a HUGE majority of "electronic music" producers come from backgrounds that had nothing to do with electronic. If that is your criteria, you can write off a shit load of techno and house producers who came from completely different scenes
>>
>>61603353
Breabeat genre.
>>
>>61603387
i dunno, i mean to me, as someone who grew up listening to electronic music, when i first heard eno i had to make a bit of effort to hear past all the guitars and pianos and real drums and so on

i know to a rockist he seems like le electronic music man but to me he seems like a rock guy who's dabbling in electronics, like pink floyd or radiohead or whatever
>>
>>61603357
>but he did coin the term
Yup

>>61603373
>There is no specific electronic music genre.
See
>Techno and House are, right? And they both grew from the traditions of Electro, right?
>And from those three genres, a lot of other genres spawned, right? So, the Electronic Music genre would be all the genres that spawned from Electro.

>You have electronic music which is ALL music made with electronic instruments or one of >>61603245
Some of those genre can be grouped into bigger supra-genres. For example, House and Techno being sub-genres of Electro.
>>
>>61603387
Plus of course

Hip hop and breaks and the hardcore continuum come from Jamaican music

Techno, house et all come from funk and electro

Just because they have electronic instruments and rhythm I don't see how they're both the same genre?
>>
>>61603416
And house, techno and electro all came from synthpop, funk and Jamaican sound systems, they in turn came from Schaeffer and Rhythm and blues.
>>
>>61603416
Everything is a sub-genre of something else, just because you want to choose electro as the starting point for your mythical genre doesn't make it real.
>>
>>61603436
schaeffer was a concrete dude
you can't credit him for synths, sorry
>>
>>61603265
there's no electro-disco
there's italo disco and disco incorporating electronic instrumentation but no electro-disco in the electro-disco sense
>>
>>61603451
because any minute now he is going to say synthpop is rock music (Kraftwerk) so all ''electronic music'' is a rock subgenre, seen it all before

rockists for you
>>
>>61603214
you definition of genre is pedantic and moronic. Genres as terms exist to facilitate communication, and genre terms have differing meanings in differing contexts, just like you can say dub and be referring to roots reggae or kinds of club music from the UK. Using Electronic music as a genre term is perfectly sound, just the same as rock, and the two can refer to different things in different circumstances.

like this:>>61603291
>ambient is not an electronic music genre
that's clearly retarded. anyone who can't understand how 'ambient' can refer to both things in different contexts is a dumbass. If you were having a conversation about electronic ambient artists (not even to mention the vast majority of ambient artists today are electronic) you wouldn't get suddenly confused if someone said a statement about 'ambient' instead of 'electronic ambient,' because you are presumable a reasonable human that understands what is being talked about.

The same stands for electronic music. Any confusion that would arise from it's use would at best be momentary, and any sane person would have gained clarity in the situation within a few seconds of communicating, yet that's not any fun for the autist republic of electronica that would rather masturbate over arbitrarily self serving semantics.
>>
>>61603466
Musique concrete is still electronic music.

Its not exclusively synths.
>>
>>61603436
I don't see how Synthpop sounds similar to Schaeffer

>>61603451
I'm not saying Electro is the starting point. I just used it as an example.
The starting point could probably be Schaeffer/Stockhausen, but I haven't been able to draw the line that far away. The genre (as a genre) seems to have started in the late 60s with Progressive Electronic. I could be wrong, of course.

>>61603470
There is indeed an Electro-Disco genre. Loo it up at RYM or Wikipedia if you don't believe me.

>>61603478
I used to think so, but changed my mind on this. Kraftwerk wasn't really a rock band at the end, and they were far less responsible of the development of electronic music as people like to make it seem.
>>
>>61603504
musique concrete has literally nothing to do with synths
>>
>>61603527
>I don't see how Synthpop sounds similar to Schaeffer

Irrelevant, still electronic music.
>>
>>61603527
>The starting point could probably be Schaeffer/Stockhausen, but I haven't been able to draw the line that far away. The genre (as a genre) seems to have started in the late 60s with Progressive Electronic. I could be wrong, of course.

It all depends if you are looking at electronic music as the production method (thats all it is), or some mythical genre (there isn't one).
>>
>>61603527
>There is indeed an Electro-Disco genre. Loo it up at RYM or Wikipedia if you don't believe me.
that precisely is the disco incorporating electronic instrumentation I was talking about
turns out people treat it for a genre
huh
>>
>>61603482
My definition works the same for both electronic and rock music.

>that's clearly retarded.
Ambient does seem to be an electronic sub-genre, but I wouldn't be so quick to call an opposing statement to be retarded.

>would rather masturbate over arbitrarily self serving semantics.
Arbitrary? Yes. But some of those arbitrary terms are more coherent than others, and that's what we are trying to get at here.
>>
>>61603574
back then everyone called that Hi-NRG
>>
>>61603536
And electronic music is not exclusively synths.
>>
>>61603546
Not irrelevant, lol. You need an argument if you want to relate them.

>>61603566
Genre. There is one that encompasses "IDM", House, Techno, Progressive Electronic, and Synth Pop at least.

>>61603574
Well, that's how it goes it seems.
>>
>>61603622
>Genre. There is one that encompasses "IDM", House, Techno, Progressive Electronic, and Synth Pop at least.

[citation needed]
>>
>>61603609
you seem to be a bit confused about this

you can't credit schaeffer with synths because a) he never used a synth
b) musique concrete isn't made with synths
c) you might be b8 desu
>>
>>61603630
House and Techno are both Electro sub-genres. Can we agree on that?
>>
>>61603622
>You need an argument if you want to relate them.

They both make music electronically with electronic instruments. Thats electronic music. They don't have to sound the same.
>>
>>61603591
>but I wouldn't be so quick to call an opposing statement to be retarded.
this is why you are retarded, The opposing statement is not an object of derision because it is untrue, but because it is simultaneously true with it's converse.
>>
>>61603660
Not what we are getting at. We are talking about this Electronic Music genre, which isn't everything produced through electronic means.
>>
>>61603639
And electronic music is not exclusively synths, which is what this thread is about.
>>
>>61603690
then why are you trying to credit schaeffer with synths?
>>
>>61603656
No.

Techno is to a degree, house is more of a disco and r&b subgenre with electronic instruments.
>>
>>61603676
>this is why you are retarded
No. I said I agree with you. But jumping into that kind of quick conclusions without trying to understand the opposing point of view is actually immature and stupid.

>The opposing statement is not an object of derision because it is untrue
Nice circular logic
>>
>>61603566
>or some mythical genre (there isn't one)
There are certain philosophies and mindsets adopted when making electronic music, like giving preference to sound over music, the creation itself over the creation process, etc. things which set the difference between a piece of electronic music and a piece of music simply incorporating electronic instrumentation. Luigi Russolo and his manifesto "The Art of Noises" specifically have conceived what we know as electronic music: the genre.
>>
>>61603701
I never did, I said he made electronic music.
>>
>>61603687
That doesn't exist.
>>
>>61603712
>Techno is to a degree
Okay

>house is more of a disco and r&b subgenre with electronic instruments.
Looking through the RYM Disco timeline, the first House recordings are all tagged as Electro-Disco, that's why I say House is an Electro sub-genre.
Do you disagree with this way of establishing House as an Electro sub-genre? If yes, what alternative do you propose?
>>
>>61603753
wikipedia says otherwise
>>
>>61603734

>>61603436
is the post i was replying to, is this not you?
>>
>>61603727
You realise Avant-Math God is trying to push a mythical genre of post-electro Electronic Music genre, not one that started in 1913.
>>
>>61603786
I actually don't, I have him filtered.
>>
>>61603760
The way I already said, house came from disco and r&b with electronic instruments.

>>61603766
>Electronic music is music that employs electronic musical instruments and electronic music technology in its production, an electronic musician being a musician who composes and/or performs such music. In general a distinction can be made between sound produced using electromechanical means and that produced using electronic technology.[1]

That doesn't say its a genre.
>>
>>61603770
Yeah but what I meant was electro came from Schaeffer and musique concrete in general, very loosely over time. It all started with Schaeffer and Halim eventually.
>>
>>61603808
Good plan and I'm bored of this anyway.
>>
>>61603753
You can't really prove that. It's going to be either inconclusive or proven true.
At this point, it seems that all forms of electronic music are sub-genres of some electronic music from the late 60s thanks to Progressive Electronic.

>>61603786
No. That was just an example.

>>61603808
Lame

>>61603817
>The way I already said, house came from disco and r&b with electronic instruments.
And it had relevant Electro influences, making it an Electro sub-genre
>>
>>61603853
nah
electronic instruments pre-date the invention of the tape machine

and concrete is very specifically music made with tape machines (using recorded sound as a source) and not oscillators or synths at all

i guess what i;m saying is there's no direct lineage between schaeffer and the paris crew and syths pop, which really if you want to credit to an old guy you should go for raymond scott
or if you want to go as far back as possible, thaddeus cahill or one of those boys
>>
>>61603891
>You can't really prove that. It's going to be either inconclusive or proven true.

I can because you're the only one saying it exists, with no proof or citations.

>At this point, it seems that all forms of electronic music are sub-genres of some electronic music from the late 60s thanks to Progressive Electronic.

So not electro now? Eventually you will get all the way back to Schaeffer and Halim and realise this whole time you were wrong.
>>
>>61603716
>Nice circular logic
literally not curricular logic.

>>61603716
>jumping into that kind of quick conclusions without trying to understand the opposing point of view is actually immature and stupid.
that much better describes your post than mine considering you are dismissing the abstract concept being explained to your dull ass with there words "nice circular logic"

Done. Idk what I was thinking, anyone foolish enough to engage in this abysmal shit isn't worth the time of day.
>>
>>61603927
sorry for the shit spelling i've had 16 coffees
>>
>>61603927
Fair enough, it didn't all start with Cybotron anyway.
>>
>>61603969
damn right
>>
What avant-math means by post-electro electronic music is clearly electronica, or as allmusic puts it: post-techno electronic music, or to clarify it even better: music that stems from, or has influences, origins in the techno/electro dance music spheres.
>>
>>61603929
>I can because you're the only one saying it exists, with no proof or citations.
Absence of proof doesn't mean the statement is false. That's basic logic.

>So not electro now? Eventually you will get all the way back to Schaeffer and Halim and realise this whole time you were wrong.
The Electro thing was an example. So far I have only been able to go back to the german progressive electronic artists. Could you help me to draw the line even further?

>>61603934
>literally not curricular logic.
Uhm
>The opposing statement is not an object of derision because it is untrue
>X is not False because not X is False
>X is True because X is True
Yeah, totally not circular logic

>you are dismissing the abstract concept being explained to your dull ass with there words "nice circular logic"
Well, you literally used circular logic. See above

>Done. Idk what I was thinking, anyone foolish enough to engage in this abysmal shit isn't worth the time of day.
>anyone who doesn't accept pre-established values as they have always been without questioning them is an idiot
Yeah...

>>61604019
The Electro thing was an example. The line could be drawn ever further towards the late 60s progressive electronic artists.
>>
>106 replies
>everyone missed the point
>>
>>61604071
lamo. maybe you should change your name to literal math god cause you haven't got the brain to comprehend Avant-Math, which is to say, you are laughably clueless to the abstract concept being explained to you.

For fucks sake, it's not even abstract really. It's completely possible in regular logic for a statement and it's converse statement to be true.
>>
>>61604071
>I have only been able to go back to the german progressive electronic artists.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to achieve anymore. Electronic music is music made electronically, find the first person to make music with electronic instruments and voila.

If you are trying to find the origins of this mythical Electronic Music genre you keep on about you're on your own because I'm off out to find Moby Dick.
>>
>>61604181
You just saw a demonstration fo your argument being circular logic (X is True because X is True). That argument is literally and objectively invalid. You are the one with a mental deficiency if you think circular logic is valid. And no, this isn't a case of "a statement and it's converse statement to be true".
I suggest you to make your argument again, but more careful this time.

>>61604240
Electronic Music =/= Music from the Electronic Music Genre
>>
>>61604298
What mythical Electronic Music Genre are you talking about?
>>
what the fuck is going on in this thread at this point on
>>
>>61604311
>What mythical Electronic Music Genre are you talking about?
>The best way to define Electronic Music as a genre is through the means of following and innovating on specific traditions.
That's how it works for genres like Rock and Jazz too.
>>
>>61604330
Everyone missed the point of the OP
Avant-Math God thinks there is an Electronic Music Genre
Everyone else is just wondering what drugs he's on
>>
>>61604356
>specific traditions.

You mean music made electronically with electronic instruments? Thats not a genre, same as brass and string aren't either.
>>
>>61604379
House is a genre, Techno is a genre, both are sub-genres from Electro, and we can keep going until englobing most (but maybe not all) electronic music genres into a single one (just like Rock and Jazz).
Nobody cares about the OP.
>>
>>61604429
Yes, back to musique concrete.
>>
File: 1452312887722.jpg (364 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1452312887722.jpg
364 KB, 960x960
>>61604298
>And no, this isn't a case of "a statement and it's converse statement to be true".
that's exactly what it is. The ststement is question wasn't even written primarily as an affirmative declaration of an argument, but as a summation of the argument that was already presented, illustrating the basic abstract concept you are too retarded to comprehend, yet it even bears true when lowered to your pedantic level of non figurative communicating, and that's why I am lamoing at your life.
>>
>>61604429
>>61604451
and now we're back to
>>61603245
>>
>>61604426
Yeah, that's what I'm trying to say to some people on here. There are still some traditions, but those aren't restricted to the use of electronic instruments.

>>61604451
I wouldn't be so quick to say that. Tell me how musique concrete related to progressive electronic in terms of traditions and innovation.
>>
>>61604465
For that to be a case it would need to be an arguemnt of type P because of Q, but it isn't even that, because you said X because of X.

Keep on calling me a retard, but if you are genuinely believing your own lies, then I feel sorry for you.

>>61604476
Some of those genres can be reduced to even bigger genres, without losing consistency.
>>
>>61604553
your tiny gay mind is assuming that x is a constant.

you are a genuine moron to have made these posts. hopefully someone is looking after you and you aren't in any danger, cause n the sudden absence of your vast stupidity the contents of mu would surely shift and collapse in to a great void. Stay safe little man.
>>
>>61604696
No. X is a proposition.
You are a retard, and the opposing statement is not an object of derision because it is untrue
I hope this clears up this basic concept you still fail to understand
>>
>>61604733
you are removing the the statement from it's context that illustrates why x is not constant. You don't have the full equation. Again, stay safe dumbass, lamo, etc.
>>
>>61604815
That was your whole argument.
Read it again if you want to stop believing your own lies, or better yet, make a new argument, but this time be more careful when making it.
>>
File: 1445127252579.jpg (99 KB, 510x752) Image search: [Google]
1445127252579.jpg
99 KB, 510x752
>>61604873
that's for the (You). Many reasonable people long for the world to be as simple as you are able to understand it, so next time you are feeling down remember that you have that going for you. Dumb fuck.
>>
>300 words for rock
>use label ''electronic'' unironically
>>
>>61604966
>refuses to present an argument to support his circular logic
Yeah, you are so smart!
>>
>>61605376
CHE GOD OF MU, LO PIBES VOLVEN HABLAR DE BO ACA EN LAT
>>
>>61605376
BENI DALE
>>
>>61605376
You are asking to be spoonfed what has already been said, even though the past several posts have all been purely for your benefit that they might make clear to you what you failed to understand already. To continue at this point would be going full circle, which is obviously illogical for me to do considering you are a dumb little man.
>>
>>61605503
You never said why it's retarded to consider the possibility of ambient not being an electronic music subgenre (except for the circular logic thing). Is it really that difficult for you to understand this?
>>
File: 1447945634218.jpg (43 KB, 422x600) Image search: [Google]
1447945634218.jpg
43 KB, 422x600
>>61605545
Where did I ever say considering the possibility of electronic music not being an electronic music subgenre is retarded?

It's obvious you don't have reading comprehension because you think this point was made. You don't understand half of what has been said to you.

Ambient is more than one thing. it's very fucking simple you dumbass my god.
>>
>>61605699
Here >>61603482
>that's clearly retarded
And you tell me I don't have reading comprehension...

> You don't understand half of what has been said to you.
Says the guy who uses circular logic as an argument and can't even remember what his point has been the whole time. Yeah, very smart of you.
Do you study music by any chance?

>Ambient is more than one thing. it's very fucking simple you dumbass my god.
Not what we were arguing about.
>>
>140 replies
Best Troll of 2016 So Far
>>
someone make a venn diagram to explain this shit because none of it makes sense to me
>>
File: 1447256283447.png (354 KB, 729x478) Image search: [Google]
1447256283447.png
354 KB, 729x478
>>61605781
>>ambient is not an electronic music genre
>>61605781
>>that's clearly retarded
THEN: anyone who can't understand how 'ambient' can refer to both things in different contexts is a dumbass. >>61605781
>Says the guy who uses circular logic as an argument and can't even remember what his point has been the whole time.
not using circular logic at all you retard. My god, I can't believe I am still talking to your retarded ass so bear with cause I need to drive this home to post at all at this point, you are an unbearable retard.

ONE LAST TIME AS CLEARLY AS POSSIBLE FOR YOUR DUMB FUCK MIND:

>>61605781
>>ambient is not an electronic music genre
>>that's clearly retarded
he said "ambient is not an electronic music genre" as a prescriptive statement. That is retarded because as was demonstrated, and as you even agreed with, it clearly can be with a context. This is not to say ambient as a broader genre does not also exist, it does, both exist. The statement was retarded because it acts as if on one definition is correct when both are correct. Anyone with reading comprehension can understand what my post is illustrating with so called 'circular logic,' as it clearly elegantly summarizes the same ideas that your dumb fuck ass needs a goddamn lecture to understand at all. Holy fucking shit.

>>61605781
>Do you study music by any chance?
In a sense yes. You will probably hear my music soon enough.
>>
>>61606156
Yes, he later said that ambient can refer to different things depending on context, but his statement "It's retarded to think of ambient music as a non-electronic subgenre" is definitive. He wasn't referring to any specific context, he just went on and said "every form of ambient music", or at least that's what was implied.

>not using circular logic at all you retard.
Okay. Whatever.
What was your argument for saying ambient music can't be a non-electronic subgenre? Use whatever context you want.

Okay then, let's suppose it was a prescriptive statement (it didn't appear to be one, but it's fine). What's the argument for saying so boldly that ambient music can't be a non-electronic subgenre?

>The statement was retarded because it acts as if on one definition is correct when both are correct. Anyone with reading comprehension can understand what my post is illustrating with so called 'circular logic,' as it clearly elegantly summarizes the same ideas that your dumb fuck ass needs a goddamn lecture to understand at all.
Just now you expressed your argument in a more orderly way. You are right, the meaning of the word depends on the context.
>>
File: death-grips-deconstructing.jpg (119 KB, 608x450) Image search: [Google]
death-grips-deconstructing.jpg
119 KB, 608x450
>>61606317
I have an album to master. You are a moron. Bye.
>>
>>61606389
I guess we will never know why saying that ambient music being a non-electronic subgenre is a retarded thing to do on some specific contexts.
Will this mystery ever be solved? We might never know...
>>
>>61606093
Its simple.

see >>61603109

and >>61603245

The OP point is why would you be anal about rock sub, subgenres when you talk about a band but call everything else electronic?
Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.