[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
gentle reminder that MIA is a creative goddess
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: picture-6.png (232 KB, 545x392) Image search: [Google]
picture-6.png
232 KB, 545x392
gentle reminder that MIA is a creative goddess
>>
she's underrated on this board
>>
>>61584419
First album good, second album okay, everything else dross.
>>
gentle reminder that MIA is a terrorist sympathizer
>>
I wonder how this slag feels about what went down in Germany on New Years, considering how fond she is of refugees.
>>
>didn't get famous until her 30s
we missed out on hot 20 year old MIA :( :( :(
>>
friendly reminder MIA (along with others) made proto-death grips music
>>
File: tumblr_nov1zdU3lG1rmcm1ao3_1280.jpg (217 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nov1zdU3lG1rmcm1ao3_1280.jpg
217 KB, 1200x1600
>>61584529
there's a few pics to get us through these trying circumstances at least
>>
based MIA had vaporwave aesthetics even before vaporwave was a thing
>>
>>61584606
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
100 KB, 1280x720
>>61584606
yup. but instead of japan, she incorporated arabic imagery.
>>
>>61584517
Well considering she's a refugee she's still probably fond of refugees.
>>
>>61584432
I almost always see this board fawn over her but she deserves every bit of it

I guess there was that wave of /pol/ children for a while after Borders
>>
>>61584517
filtered ;^)
>>
>>61585591
She's also a woman though, ain't she? And a feminist I reckon?
I dunno, it would be decent of her to be at least a little conflicted.
>>
>>61584517
Hah, and not even solely in Germany, it seems!

http://news.yahoo.com/unprecedented-sex-harassment-helsinki-police-194548532.html
>>
>>61585734
nah she's a hardened Men's Right Activist who browses /pol/ on the regular m8.
>>
>>61585919
That would be preferable.
>>
>>61584495
>>61584517
trump pls go
>>
>>61584495
>implying sympathising with terrorists is bad
only atrocious brainwashed americucks don't sympathise
>>
Odd how she's so anti-West, when the only reason she's not being raped in a designated shitting street right now is because of the opportunities the West granted her.
>>
>>61586319
she's not anti west, you insecure goof.
>>
>>61586277
Post 9/11 America has rendered the word terrorist meaningless.
>>
>le rappy clappy british indian immugrunt who knows about politics n shizz n no borders ugetme

The only people who like her in the UK are commie Guardian blue-haired types.
>>
>>61586807
back to >>>/pol/ you piece of shit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cA3b-PbPE0

I had this on repeat few months ago.

I BONGO WITH MY LINGO
>>
>>61586834

Nah, I'm a leftie myself, or would be if Labour wasn't trying to become the new Rainbow Tranny Pakistani party.

But seriously, Guardian types will bang on about her being a global superstar and yet all you actually see or hear of her is the odd picture in those giant sunglasses pulling a face, and a caption underneath mentioning how massive she is. It's like an echo chamber.

Not bad, don't get me wrong, but totally overhyped for political reasons rather than musical ones.
>>
She's my favorite solo artist of all time, yo. Fucking love her and her work, both in music and visuals, to bits

>>61586860
Yoooo, that's the first song of hers that I fell for! Been humming that chorus for three years straight now!
>>
File: obi-bun kenobi.jpg (11 KB, 356x297) Image search: [Google]
obi-bun kenobi.jpg
11 KB, 356x297
tfw she looks exactly like my x
>>
File: Untitled.png (38 KB, 579x278) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
38 KB, 579x278
M.I.A.'s tweets are always hilarious to me.They're a bizarre mix of stream of consciousness, dyslexic grammar and home spin philosophy.

It kind of bleeds into her songwriting too, it's just a bit more coherent.
>>
>>61586955
you should check out her book of visual art if you haven't. lotta great stuff in it.
>>
>>61587510
Shit, I've got several M.I.A. books, including that one. As I said, she's my number one!
>>
>>61587749
I didn't even know she had books, I'll check'em out
>>
>>61584419
i dunno, i feel like she isn't quite as creative these days as she used to be.
>>
>>61587161
she's probably an interdenominational being of some sort or there is one inhabiting here, i have a friend who is one
>>
>>61587852
well, it's really only that one and another one, but I exercise my right to flex it
>>
>>61587749
autobiography when?

(but really tho, probably never because the documentary will make it redundant)
>>
I've started listening to her recently and I already know her first two albums pretty well but I'm kinda hesitant on her last two, are they worth getting into?
>>
>>61584529
nigga she looks the same
>>
>>61588065
yeah, that documentary will probably never happen though

>>61588369
of course, they're just way different and not as good
>>
>>61588369
/\/\/\Y/\ is pretty polarizing and Matangi is comparatively safe but I like them both
>>
>>61588369
Yeah sure.

Maya's a radical departure from the Arular/Kala sound, so it acquired a bit of criticism when it came out. Has a industrial, abrasive sound at times. But a lot of people have came round since that type of sound's become more prominent.

Matangi is her worst due to being a few tracks overlong and not as thematically tight as her previous albums, but there's plenty of good stuff on it imo.
>>
>>61588447
the documentary is most certainly happening. probably this year.
>>
>>61587925
>interdenominational being
kek
i'm guessing you meant interdimensional?

but still you might right. I think she was raised Hindu/Christian.
>>
>>61584558
the maya album was proto-death grips at its best. steppin up was proto-clipping. too as well.
>>
>>61589262
Steppin Up is so good.

The dubstep influence in general on Maya was used very artfully. MIA got Rusko's best work out of him with that album.
>>
>>61586919
No one acts as if M.I.A. is an international superstar you melon. Even M.I.A. acknowledges that isn't actually that famous and sabotages herself any time she has the chance to get hugely popular.
>>
>>61585616
desu i'm supremely surprised that any kind of discussion, never mind praise, of MIA can happen on /mu/ given this board's tendencies. it's cool.
>>
>>61584419
i'm not racist but i would appreciate her more if she were white
>>
>>61591309
she plays an important role on /mu/ in representing brown qts anon

are grimes and chvrches not enough for you?
>>
>>61586860
Best choruses>>61586919
in the game desu
>>
>>61591309
>"i'm not racist but.."
>is racist

If she were white she wouldn't have as much material to go off of seeing as her discography deals heavily with being a person of color..
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.