[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Pink Floyd the most patrician "dadrock" band?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (557 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
557 KB, 1920x1080
Is Pink Floyd the most patrician "dadrock" band?
>>
no
reo speedwagon
>>
>>61535814
they're not really dadrock, and even though they're my favourite band I wouldn't class them as patrician
>>
>>61535814
They're bland. Meddle is bland.
>>
How can they be when King Crimson exists
>>
They dropped in quality when Syd left
>>
>>61535832
>they're not really dadrock
literally what

They most definitely are as dadrock as a band can get.
>>
>>61535869
...is the worst meme on /mu/
>>
>>61535860
King Crimson isnt dadrock. Im talking about rock bands that are super popular that dads are often assumed to like.
>>
>>61535901
fuck off
>Led Zep
>Queen
>Kiss
>GnR
>Def Leppard
the list quite literally goes on

they are not
>>
>>61535869
>things people say just to seem like they have good taste
>>
>>61535920
And how does Pink Floyd differ from those? Have you ever met a dad who doesn't listen to PF who listens to those bands?

Just because you like them doesn't mean they aren't dadrock. If you think they aren't you're literally delusional
>>
>>61535994
Yes. Yes I fucking have.
Many. They listen to what they think is "real rawk" like those bands, metallica, AC DC, all that shit

Prog/any old rock =/= dad rock
>>
>>61535814
*The Doors
FTFY
>>
>>61536047
i like pink floyd too man but they actually are dad rock
>>
>>61536047
do you even know what dadrock means?
>>
>>61536062
/thread
>>
>>61535994
You are aware the "dadrock" buzzword is just a stupid meme, right?

You're a fucking idiot who can't even criticize a band without resorting to buzzwords.
>>
>>61536062
oh thanks

is pink floyd the doors patrician "dadrock" band?
>>
>>61535869
hhehe nice one
>>
The Doors
King Crimson
Yes
>>
>>61536119
Where exactly did I criticize Pink Floyd? I absolutely love them. You're jumping to conclusions.

That doesn't change the fact that they still are dadrock, by fucking definition. Even I discovered PF via my dad.
>>
when I think of dadrock I think mostly of glam rock and AOR of the 80's

Journey
Def Leppard
Van Halen
REO Speedwagon
Toto
>>
Dad rock = Rock bands with no specific sub genre that were popular in the period between 60-70-80, thus being listened by our dads in their youth

The quality has nothing to do with it
>>
>>61536201
this. Why do people automatically think bands being "dadrock" is in some way bad? Do you people honestly care so much about what people on a mongolian throatsinging forum think about your tastes?
>>
>>61536201
This

Maybe some AOR bands like the Straits or so could be considered "dadrock" but in the end they fit your description
>>
>>61536243
Apparently yes. That's why are we here arguing.
>>
>>61536047
all dads listen to Pink Floyd. every single one
>>
>>61536331
my dad doesn't
>>
>>61536360
yes he does
>>
>>61536360
you're dads a pleb
>>
>>61536360
you mistyped mum
>>
>>61536371
yes

>>61536364
no
>>
Can
>>
dadrock is a stupid meme to try and shit on bands from the 60s/70s. There are some shit bands from that era that are overhyped but groups like pink floyd, king crimson, led zeppelin, the doors, and grateful dead deserve a lot of the praise they get
>>
My dad informed me that Dsotm isn't a good album and the only good song on it is money and that you shouldn't listen to full albums
>>
>>61535814
It all depends on the patrician threshold of what you think qualifies as dadrock. If you think, say, The Mothers of Invention qualify as dadrock, then I think we have a winner.
>>
the correct answer is steely dan, BY FAR
>>
File: Reaction363.png (185 KB, 480x502) Image search: [Google]
Reaction363.png
185 KB, 480x502
>>61537060
This man is right.
>>
>>61535901
ACDC is easily the most dad rock thing around
>>
Wasn't dadrock supposed to group together mediocre, safe and bland mainstream classic rock bands that dads and le wrong generationers constantly talk about while dissing todays popular music for doing the same thing as opposed to a term to lump together all mainstream classic rock
>>
>>61535916
it's unclerock: obscure enough to be off of dad's radar but still fairly well-known. Think Beefheart/Zappa
>>
>>61537200
kek
>>
>>61536243
>Why do people automatically think bands being "dadrock" is in some way bad?
because a dad is stereotypically someone who is out of touch with culture, which insinuates that the music they listen to isn't "hip"
>>
>>61536364
My dad doesn't even like rock music, he listens exclusively to obscure MPB.
>>
If this is dadrock... then I love me so fucking dadrock.
>>
>>61537407
>AC/DC most dadrock thing around
>Bruce Springsteen is a thing
>Doesn't even get mentioned in this thread

C'mon /mu/
>>
The hell do you people's dads listen to?

>Speedwagon
>Eagles
>Journey
>Boston
>Bob Seger
>Lynyrd Skynyrd
>Neil Young
>Maybe throw in some Gordon Lightfoot if you're feeling adventurous.

Quintessential dadrock.
>>
K
>>
I
>>
S
>>
>>61535920
If your dad was in to Guns n Roses you're too young to be on this board.
>>
>>61541160
you know what year we have, right?
>>
>>61541458
Sorry, I meant to say that if your dad was in to Guns n Roses you've got pleb blood in you and so should leave
>>
>>61535869
Gr8 B8 m8
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.