[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/p4k/ - Nightly Pitchfork Countdown Hypetrain Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7
File: patricianfork.png (103 KB, 418x455) Image search: [Google]
patricianfork.png
103 KB, 418x455
Fellow Pitchfork patricians, it is once again the time for our nightly countdown for Pitchfork's 5 new reviews to be updated on the site at 1am eastern time.

10.0?
0.0?
Best New Music?
Best New Reissue?
8.0+ with no BNM?
A shitty set of 7's and below?
Weird Al eternal BNM incoming hypetrain!
Noctourniquetcourtsney Barnett Review?
Speedin’ Bullet to the Trash Review?
Titus Andronicus being robbed once again?
Ian FUCKIN' Cohen?
Ryan "THE TASTEMAKER" Dombal?
Lindsay "qt feminist" Zoladz? [retired patrician, memory lives on forever]
Jayson "8.7" Greene?
Larry "retired BNM godfather" Fitzmaurice?
Craig "Meme Rap" Jenkins?
qt Kim "retired Meal Goddess now at Noisey" Kelly?
Grayson "Grizzly" Currin?
Brian "Backup" Howe?
Mark "the elder statesman" Richardson?
Evan "IS GARAGE ROCK DEAD" Minsker?
Meaghan “retired trap queen" Garvey?
Andy "secretly alpha" Beta?
Zoe "¡DALE!" Camp?
Philip "Electronic Wizard” Sherburne?
Laura "Sun Kil Buffoon" Snapes?

Will someone dethrone Pusha T’s 8.2 for AOTY?

OFFICIAL and accurate 2016 BNM Tally: 0

The most wonderful time of the night, every night, right now. Here it is, the nightly P4K thread. Time to get comfy.

>Tonight's Top Stories
-Coachella lineup is official! What performances are you excited for? http://pitchfork.com/news/62459-coachella-2016-lineup-announced/
-Not only is LCD Soundsystem playing Coachella, they’re touring and dropping a new album. 2016 is hype as fuck already. http://pitchfork.com/news/61847-lcd-soundsystem-to-release-new-album-this-year-james-murphy-explains-reunion/
-“THIS IS FATHER JOHN MISTY! WHEN I WAS A CHILD, HIDING FROM MY PARENTS UNDER MY BEDSHEETS, RADIO USED TO BE ON THE RADIO. BUT NOW IT’S ON THE INTERNET! ONLY FROM PANDORA!” http://pitchfork.com/news/62740-father-john-misty-shares-extremely-silly-rejected-pandora-promos/
-This thread hypes and supports David Bowie, Chairlift, Lil Ugly Mane(?), and Ty Segall.
>>
First for sweaty Sufjan at Coachella
>>
daily reminder that pitchfork is dying and will become what rolling stone is right now. if you work for them you should be embarrassed
>>
>>61522849
i was shocked to see Sufjan 1) performing at Coachella and 2) being billed so high. that should be great
>>
father john misty is so fucking unfunny
>>
File: uJrMNm8.jpg (134 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
uJrMNm8.jpg
134 KB, 640x640
>>61522890
eh, i think he's kinda funny.

you can't not read about his whole taylor swift/ryan adams debacle and not think it's worth a laugh
>>
God bless all the heroes that put both beach house releases and TMLT into the reader's top 50 albums. This is democracy at work, folks.
>>
>>61523210
Amen

>>61522941
That picture is top notch
>>
yall are gay p4k is so obviously compromised consider suicide
>>
So the new paradigm is a hip hop album 2 years in a row, then two corny indie albums, so on and so forth. My prediction is Jesu/Sun Kil Moon AOTY 2016.
>>
File: Pleasure To Meet You.jpg (296 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Pleasure To Meet You.jpg
296 KB, 960x960
Dead Sara - Pleasure To Meet You 8.3 BNM
>>
>>61523964
there is NO paradigm

ANARCHY RULES
>>
>>61522816
>Pitchfork
>patrician

New around here, kid?
>>
>>61523964
nah mane now that it's officially allowed for artists to have two AOTY's it'll be anco or arcade fire, maybe vampire weekend if they knock it out of the park
>>
File: sixpointzero.png (1 MB, 1219x720) Image search: [Google]
sixpointzero.png
1 MB, 1219x720
>>61522816
>-Not only is LCD Soundsystem playing Coachella, they’re touring and dropping a new album.
Well, fuck. And here I was thinking James actually wouldn't do it.

>>61523222
Checked.
>>
>>61524248
it's been official since Radiohead did it in '97 and '00, silly
>>
>>61524185
Chaos
reigns
>>
>>61524393
yeah but that was radiohead, they transcend the normal rules of music reviewing
>>
Daily reminder that +@ was robbed
>>
>>61524532
>+@

MOMS GONNA FREAK!!!!!! xD
>>
If you could be bros with any pitchfork contributor, who'd you choose? My pick would go to either Philip Sherburne or Brandon Stosuy.
>>
>>61524614
they both openly like Marcel and his blog so
>>
>>61524614
zoe 'DALE' camp
>>
So there's no contributor top 10s this year? I've always enjoyed those
>>
File: marky mark.png (34 KB, 523x392) Image search: [Google]
marky mark.png
34 KB, 523x392
do you think it was painful for them to print this?
>>
>>61522861
no idea why this thread exists- literally everything on p4k is paid for.
>>
> Pitchfork patricians
That's an oxymoron
>>
>>61524747
CRJ at #1 is confusing to me

also who the fuck thinks Summertime '06 is underrated, like seriously?
>>
>>61524774
>CRJ at #1 is confusing to me
how so? its only confusing to me being around here since it seems that a lot of us love it.
>>
>>61524002
I had to listen to this because of its meme status in these threads and I was actually pleasantly surprised
>>
>>61524718
you just like her cause she's a qt
>>
>>61524866
it just doesnt seem like pitchfork's audience would the kind of people to vote THAT album #1

like i wouldnt be surprised at it being on the list, but the TOP choice seems kinda weird to me
>>
>>61525209
ah gotcha

maybe poptimism is about to start peaking
>>
>>61525031
Awesome!
>>
>>61525265
poptimism is already obsolete in this day and age
>>
>>61525423
because pop is too popular?
>>
>>61524747
It's heartening to see rodeo on there

No idea why that album reviewed so poorly
>>
these threads are everything wrong with /mu/
when did they even start they weren't around in 2012 when Centipede was released

it's exclusively newfaggotry and shit taste that these threads promote.

whatever I'm done with /mu/, you faggots don't know anything about music.
>>
>>61525659
see you tomorrow
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (46 KB, 905x647) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
46 KB, 905x647
this is the sort of cutting edge reporting I come to pitchfork for. hopefully they'll find out if the American public prefers Jimmy Carter or Gerald Ford next
>>
>>61525888
Congrats on trips. I hope third man records is the first target for the north korean H-bomb
>>
>>61525888
dont give em any ideas

i can totally see p4k becoming some horrible avclub/salon/huffpost mutant in the future
>>
>>61524718
this
she's a confirmed /mu/tant and she's qt as fuck too
>>
>>61524718
this is the best choice
>>
THEY DID IT
THEY REVIEWED SPEEDIN BULLET TO HEAVEN
THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN
>>
SB2H 4.0
SB2H 4.0
>>
RUNDOWN
KID CUDI 4.0 BTFO (I was hoping for something below a 2.0)
KYLE HALL 8.2
DREAMVILLE II 6.2
ODD NOSDAM 6.8
CHES SMITH 7.6
>>
MOTM got 4.1 and indicud got 4.0, i was expecting a much lower score for speeding bullshit honestly
>>
they really are overly conservative with the super harsh pans. what does someone even have to do to get a 0.0 these days?
>>
>>61524774
I was thinking about 06 being on there too. I think overall talk about the album seemed relatively low throughout the year, given all the great reviews it got. So maybe it appears underrated in terms of buzz and internet chatter? Or it could just be TPAB detractors
>>
>>61526154
please remove speedin bullet 4.0 heaven from the op GCG
>>
>>61526161
i was hoping for a lower score :-/
>>
>>61526262
done & done

night gang!
>>
>>61525888
they're both fucking awful though
>>
sb2h is the lowest score of the year, right?

also, kyle hall tied with pusha-t. interesting, i guess?
>>
Ches smith is the shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfjM-hzHsCg
>>
https://play.google.com/store/music/album/Ches_Smith_The_Bell?id=B4qxbcc3ccplg5c5uj62bmlkatu
>>
Again with the 8.2 No-BMN for a great dance record. At least Kyle stays out of the limelight a little.
>>
>>61527125
did it leak? i know it was supposed to be out this January 8th. any link, if so?
>>
>>61527690
vinyl has been out since late december but i can't find it anywhere, no word on other formats
>>
>>61525659
these threads exist because p4k reviews are the olympics of indie music, or at least the music /mu/ cares about. it's just fun to see who they will blindly hype these days, the website has lost all credibility and is just memeing now
>>
Frank Ocean will get AOTY. Radiohead wil be top 10. Kanye will be a let down but will make top 20. Views from the Six will also be a likely top 10.
>>
How the fuck did Blur end up on the readers list hahahahaha
>>
>>61524747
what the fuck?
why would they do this?
are they insane?
>>
File: 1444619989895.png (512 KB, 620x366) Image search: [Google]
1444619989895.png
512 KB, 620x366
>28. Death Grips: Jenny Death
>38. Titus Andronicus: The Most Lamentable Tragedy
WE DID IT
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.