[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is 4chan only for 14-18 year olds now? I feel like every board
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 300x193) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 300x193
Is 4chan only for 14-18 year olds now? I feel like every board has just a bunch of shitty kids dictating discussion.
>>
/mu/ is, yes, other boards less so or equally so, but there are boards that are not transparently underage like /mu/ is
>>
>no replies
I guess that answers my question.
I hate you fags
>>
>>61496102
I guess those are the boards Im not interested in.
Fucking blows though music is my profession so I just want a good place to discuss it
>>
>expecting decent discussion on a board full of idiots and trolls

Great expectations
>>
the obsession with having 'good taste' is what really bothers me. i'm never going to see any of you fucks, why would i care what you think about my taste? grow the fuck up.

basically impossible to discuss any band that isn't unknown bandcamp trash or /mu/core because it just devolves into arguments.

reddit is now better for music discussion

WAY TO SHIT WHERE YOU EAT FAGLORDS
>>
>>61496160
then you fucked up, this place has gone entirely to shit

if you're seriously into music, find a forum dedicated to people like, this place is for light chat, waifus and memes only
>>
woe is me, the thread
>>
>>61496230
people like you*, even
>>
>discussion

/mu/ is for memes my guy
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 952x656) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 952x656
FORGIVE ME

HOT OPINION INCOMING

>/pol/ is more mature discussion than /mu/
>yfw it's true

/MU/ YOU SUCK
>>
>>61496375
Lefties are literally children. It took you this long to figure out?
>>
>>61496375
>mature discussion
>posting image macros and meme copypaste opinions
I'd rather have /mu/ discussion than /pol/ discussion
>>
>>61496375
>/pol/
>good music discussion
/pol/ has some of the worst music taste i have ever come across, and I browse /wsg/
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 540x283) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 540x283
>>61496498
>endless shit posts of waifus, music feels, critics drones, slowest bumps and stalest memes
>more mature than global economic discussion, current events, political coverage, history, up to date dank memes
>>
>>61496632
and the occasional god-tier music discussion

feels like old /mu/, with adults, completely wall to wall when it comes to genres and such
>>
>>61496554
Ya nobody listens to Kanye, the smiths, and post rock you can cry too, such shit taste

>he can't into traditional and classical
>>
>>61496664
>/pol/
>good music discussion
are you fucking kidding me
>>61496665
people who are into that shit for political reasons have horrible fucking taste/understanding in music
>>
File: image.jpg (155 KB, 807x643) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155 KB, 807x643
Make /Mu/ Great Again!
>>
>>61496685
There are people out there that listen to western Classical for "political reasons"?
>>
All people nowadays do is complain about how bad 4chan has become. Literally nothing has changed.
>>
>>61496685
>everyone on pol strictly enjoys music for political purposes
>don't enjoy art in any form

Honestly read a thread sometime and you'll realize it's not teen memers talking
>>
>>61496685
>political reasons
what the fuck, /pol/ is frequented by average joes and people interested in politics, it's not a fucking neo-nazi board for ideologues who only do and discuss things approved by the intended fourth reich
>>
>>61496716
yeah because it's the true "white music" since popular music has black influence
>>61496731
hahahahahahhaahha it absolutely is by and large a neo-nazi or neocon board. don't be delusional.
>>
The only boards that you're going for find here that aren't shit are the tiny niche boards with little traffic.
>>
>>61496753
you're oblivious
>>
>>61496196
See, the obsession with 'good taste' wasn't such a bad thing five years ago when /mu/ had a dozen sharethreads a day for genuinely obscure music. People used to get reamed for posting obvious shit. Now it's just so basic and everyone has a shittier attitude in general.
>>
>>61496375
>/mu/ is clash of opinionated children
>/pol/ generally shares the same retarded opinion
>>
>>61496753
I know humans like to project some boogeyman but you should really read around it a bit. It's 4chan so of course there are memers but there is a lot of mature discussion
>>
>>61496811
I don't consider people who mindlessly repost image macros (without even knowing where they come from or the sources are) to be mature.
I'm sorry you disagree.
>>
>>61496753
>yeah because it's the true "white music"
Oh identity "political reasons".
The same can be said for any musical idiom that purports to represent or is commonly associated with an ethno-cultural or political identity. African-Americans listening to hip-hop, anarcho-syndicalists listening to crust punk etc etc.
Though I'd disagree that there is anything racial about western Classical on the grounds that culture and race are mutually exclusive
>>
>>61496832
Yet /Mu/ is better? You just dislike the board without ever giving it a chance but honestly who cares I don't need to sway your opinion
>>
>>61496836
I mean I have a problem with anyone who listens to any music for political or identity reasons.
/pol/ choosing classical is not exclusively bad.
>>
Supposedly the boards with the oldest posters are /diy/ /sci/ and /pol/
>>
>>61496870
Yeah /mu/ is better because at least most people are giving honest opinions in discussion.
>>61496877
I believe the first two.
Last is just manchildren.
>>
>>61496873
Why though? Artistic expression is the most powerful cultural expression so its only natural that individuals who identify with a certain culture group will consume that culture group's artistic media
>>
>>61496910
sigh
dude come on
I'm saying picking it BECAUSE its your identity is stupid
Pick it because you like it musically
>>
the top things this site is most famous have always been

>weeb pics
>cp
>dank memes
>the term 'fag'

it has always been a hellish mess of manchildren and scum, nothing has changed and to suggest otherwise is a dull cliche

all boards are equally shit btw, although /mlp/ is worse
>>
>>61496935
Saying its stupid is a meaningless pejorative. I'm not here to judge I was just pointing out that the reasons for it are obvious.
>>
>>61496972
whatever dude you know what I'm saying there's no need to be so defensive
>>
>>61496399

People who think the 2016 version of what is called "left" vs "right" is based on a coherent set of ideas rather than simplistic appeals to thymotic impulse are mentally immature.

For example, today's "leftist" wants open borders with a protectionist economic policy while the modern "right" wants free trade and closed borders. Neither of these stances make any sense internally as ideas, but both appeal to the emotional thymotic (appealing to the sense of pride and indignation) sense of their intended targets. To believe that there is a single "correct" way to shape policy as opposed to various ways that will produce different results that can be more or less appealing to individuals and finding a balance between competing values is a form of platonic idealism that can rightly be called childish as no serious thinker has entertained platonism seriously in hundreds of years.

So you're right, "lefties" are children, but so are "righties" since both are just joiner types who would rather defend their chosen team than admit that the world doesn't actually work according to such simple principles.
>>
4chan has literally always been for teens. By 14 year olds, for 14 year olds.
>>
>>61496001
Bragging about seniority here is like bragging about being the oldest guy in highschool. Why would you assume you are owed anything by a place you were intended to outgrow?
>>
>>61496375
>>61496632
>Mature discussion

I start an opposing opinion thread almost every day on there and all they ever do is flip their shit like a bunch of monkeys or act all faux-smug like they have their head meters up their ass.

>Global economic discussion, current events, political coverage, history

More like:

>Muh supremacy
>Muh minorities destroying society
>Muh white wimminz don't want to fuck me because of muh feminism
>Muh white genocide because of the jooos
>Muh society is dead because of the jooooos
>Muh SJWs
>Muh degeneracy/cultural marxism
>Muh immigrunts taking muh jabs

>Up to date dank memes

/pol/ has the shittiest, most unfunny memes on this whole website.
>>
>>61497808
>band has 2 drummers
>>
File: 1451729542894.jpg (83 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1451729542894.jpg
83 KB, 600x450
>>61496196
>reddit is now better for music discussion

WHAT

WHAT

WHAT
>>
>>61496001
I really hope not. I'd prefer to not be conversing with teenagers constantly.
>>
Are /pol/ and /mu/ rival boards now or something?
>>
it always has been, moot was 15 when he made 4chan
>>
/mu/ died when Mediafire started deleting everything and killed off share threads.
>>
>>61498416
/pol/ is a "rival" to anyone possessing simple critical thinking skills
idk if that applies to /mu/ bc it can get pretty retarded in here too but not as bad
>>
>>61498332
There are some small subreddits which are better. As a whole, though, mainstream reddit knows nothing about music.
>>
/mu/ is in freefall desu like /v/ before the split
>>
>>61496632
>mature discussion
>nothing but le happy merchant for miles
>>
File: GenZ.png (1 MB, 1536x864) Image search: [Google]
GenZ.png
1 MB, 1536x864
People younger then 25 decide what good and cool music is OP.

The next gen has come of age now and Millennial grandpas need to move on to Reddit or something to discuss their dadrock which for us is stuff like Radiohead, My Bloody Valentine, Neutral Milk, etc.

LMAO. you never though that would be called dadrock huh?

It's our time now.
>>
>>61498416

every board wants /pol/ to fuck off
>>
>>61498816
>tfw on the line between millenial and gen z
>tfw too old to meme, too young to die
>>
>>61496001

It's kind of funny. I remember when it MW2 images used to be posted on /v/ with the caption, "If you don't remember this map, your childhood sucked!"

Of course it was a joke about the perceived age group in /v/, but now, they're kids/teens who really are nostalgic for games that came out in '09.

It finally happened. We aged.

I welcome our new Gen Z overlords.
>>
File: oimlaffin.jpg (170 KB, 1296x730) Image search: [Google]
oimlaffin.jpg
170 KB, 1296x730
lmao if ur an old fuck why are u still here?
don't u have job and a family to look over?
we teenz now
>>
>>61498816
this image makes me feel ill
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.