[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we make /mu/ better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 512x512
How do we make /mu/ better?
>>
you don't
>>
bam ALL memes
>>
File: ANYTIME.png (531 KB, 724x233) Image search: [Google]
ANYTIME.png
531 KB, 724x233
>>61491806
BY CONTRIBUTING TO MY THREAD
>>61490212
>>
File: trash_can[1].png (132 KB, 3610x5219) Image search: [Google]
trash_can[1].png
132 KB, 3610x5219
>>
the whole of 4chan would be better right now if we stopped worrying about who is and isn't from reddit, and what is and isn't a meme.

shit was better when every post started with >implying
>>
>>61491907
Back to Reddit chump
>>
File: trump alone.jpg (40 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
trump alone.jpg
40 KB, 320x320
>>61491907
>>
File: 1450205725116.gif (198 KB, 317x266) Image search: [Google]
1450205725116.gif
198 KB, 317x266
>>61491806
Delete it.
>>
no tripfags
no charts
no /soc/
>>
Ban Rock
>>
>>61491988
What's wrong with charts? They generally stay in their own threads
>>
>>61491806
get mods
confine hip hop to a general
weebteam revival
bring back antz and CLT
>>
ban all hip hop
>>
shut it down for a month or so
i think we all need a break
>>
ban all music discussion
>>
Make hampus a moderator
>>
>>61491988
I don't get why newfriends get so buttmad at tripfags
Show me 5 bad threads on mu right now made by trips
>>
>>61491931
>>61491963
>implying i am from reddit
>>
>>61491806
>ban the kpop crowd
>they migrate on another board
>waifu thread drop
>pop thread drop
>lower plen density on /mu/
>>
encourage niceposting

discourage meanposting
>>
>>61491806
>DLROW
>EMEM
>ESABATAD

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>61492100
kpop general pretty much just keeps to themselves
they actually have a kpop general of exiled kpop general posters on /trash/
>>
File: penn.jpg (18 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
penn.jpg
18 KB, 210x240
>>61492012
>confine hip hop to a general
>>
>>61492133
How low do you have to be to get exiled from kpop, they seem so accepting
>>
>>61492102
I think you mean encourage memeposting. Seriously, I've given up trying to have a good discussion about music on here. I only browse this board to shitpost and find the latest memes.
>>
>>61492175
it has too much of a presence on the board, and when hip hop got popular, overall quality went down. confine it to a general, let indie and metal /mu/ return, and watch the board be not shit.
>>
>>61491907
No, 4chan would be better if reddit left, so please leave.
>>
>>61492196
i think they're banned from /mu/ but not from the whole site? not really sure.
>>
>>61492196
We only accept the best, the purest waifus.
>>
Get rid of trips.
Make a "mu generals" or something to put all of the /hhg/, /daily/, /metal/, /kpop/, /soundcloud/ etc. etc.
Get rid of any and all threads that are attempting to be political under the guise of being about music (discussing music that is actually political is different).
Autoban anyone who says pleb, patrician, meme-, or the 4 recently filtered words.

>>61492055
Put your trip back on.
>>
>>61492058
Sure do bitch like it.
>>
>>61492244
Unless you just personally don't like hip hop there's no reason to limit its discussion, or any music discussion that isn't just waifu worship and shitposting.
>>
>>61492300
baka desu senpai
>>
File: Totenkopf6.jpg (44 KB, 405x393) Image search: [Google]
Totenkopf6.jpg
44 KB, 405x393
If we could just talk about music you can't discuss on regular (normie basically, idk how else to describe it) music sites. Like if we could all just acknowledge that pop music is there but just kinda ignore it. Also participate in the blindfold test if you really like serious music discussion, as well as sharethreads.
>>
>>61492300
>Put your trip back on.
Nice argument, fellow /b/ro!
I too wish everyone here also were part from the mighty Anonymous group! We contribute so much for the board!
:)
>>
>>61492366
when I say pop I mean mainstream music from any genre, it could be rap, rock, meme-classical, you feel?
>>
>>61491806
The damage is done. There's no saving this board, or the majority of popular boards.
>>
>>61492406
Are you really trying to pretend that you're not a tripfriend while being this defensive over it?
>>
>>61492406
damn nigga you mad as hell
>>
>>61492320
Hip-Hop is cancer, and plebs here are too intimidated by black men's cocksto do anything about it. Wallow in the shitty bed you made.
>>
>>61492406
put your trip back on
>>
>>61491806
ban everyone
>>
Can someone just make a spin-off of /mu/ that's good for a while until it becomes too big as well? As horrible as /mu/ is, I don't know where else besides /r/indieheads to discuss a lot of the music here, and that sub is pretty awful.
>>
>>61492498
go to 8ch then faget
>>
Have a test of basic music theory questions such as
>what is the relative minor of F# major
>how many 8th notes per bar are there in a 7/4 time signature
>what do you call the chord formed by the notes F, A, C and E?

And prevent anyone from posting if they don't get at least 50% of the questions right.
>>
>>61492510
Who even posts there anymore??
>>
>>61492439
>>61492453
True doe bitches
>>
Ok so I'll make a quick list of things that only newfriends complain about:

>kpop generals
Just filter the word kpop
Oh but you don't know how :o

>tripfags
Again, you can filter them
Also there are no bad threads made by trips
If you blindly complain about trips you should go back to /tv/

>discussion about any genre I don't like / "lock them in a general"
This is pretty obvious, right?
/mu/ is not your playground

>chart, collage, qt chart threads
There are more discussion about music in any of those then in any other thread in the board

I might add more later
Feel free to get mad at this post :)
>>
Forced anon.
Make a /celebs/ board to contain the waifu shit.
Ban Fantano threads.
Ban threads about non-music related posts on a musician's social media (e.g. Hopsin or Grimes posting dumb shit)
Permaban everyone who makes whiny blog posts under the guise of "music for this feel".
Autoban for using the word "meme".
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 533x757) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 533x757
>>61492055
>buttmad
You need a frontal lobotomy
>>
>>61492300
>>61492590
you probably spend wayyy too much time here

>>61492578
thank you.
>>
>>61492600
Fantastic Aaron/Fedora reply my fellow 4channer!
I'm sure toasting in an eric bread right now!
>>
>Daily Nine Inch Nails threads that are stickied
>Remove the ability to trip or namefag
>Have active mods that ban all waifu posting and bait posts
>Ban all bullying or harassment
>Before shitting on a band you have to at least listen to half of their discography and have proof that you did or you will be banned permanently
>A album can only be posted once a day (This is for the ignorant shoegazers who only listen to Loveless and think they have any say on shoegaze) (This is will make people go out there and discover more albums inside of genres they like)
>>
>>61492510
Last time I checked there it was just /pol/ and /v/ types (aka mostly focused on mainstream metal and video game soundtracks). If I wanted to discuss those I'd got to literally any large forum on the internet.
>>
>>61492643
>>Daily Nine Inch Nails threads that are stickied

the downward spiral isn't their best album. prove me wrong
>>
>>61492578
>Also there are no bad threads made by trips
except the hourly "trips talk about trips" threads where they go anon and then discuss/strawpoll their favorite and least favorite trips. that circlejerk should be banned.
>>
>>61492796
those threads all get deleted eventually
>>
>>61492820
they often stick around for hours. ip ban that shit.
>>
We starting doing more of the interesting types of discussions. For example, a thread that discussed good things about bad albums, or bad things about good albums would be more interesting than posting pictures of Sky Ferreira and talking about how you will never have gf so cute.
>>
>>61492795

The Fragile > Pretty Hate Machine................................................................................................................ The Downward Spiral
>>
>>61491907
>implying reddit isn't a meme
>>
>>61492850
Pretty much this
People love to complain about bad threads but they don't even try to make good ones
>>
>>61492850
But can you imagine her slowly jerking you off?
>>
>>61492523
Oh and have a board full of shit taste dadrock loving edgy cunts
>>
>>61491806
Ban memes
>>
>>61492244
>let indie and metal /mu/ return

I mean, I can see what you mean about metal, but what do you think we talk about non-stop here when we're not shitposting or discussing hip-hop?

Or making Lauren Mayberry threads. Or making Annie Clark threads. Or making Jeff Mangum threads.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.