[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of The Rolling Stones?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
What does /mu/ think of The Rolling Stones?
>>
great singles band
>>
Keith Richards is a ghoul.
>>
Great band who lived a fun life

Beatles were better but that doesnt detract from the Stones work
>>
For all intents and purposes. they died with the 1960s. All post-1970 Stones is strictly buttrock and what's worse was a major ingredient in 70s-80s hairspray/cockrock bands.
>>
>>61469851
>Died in 60's
>Moonlight Mile, Sway, Can't You Hear Me Knockin, Wild Horses
>>
>>61469917
That's why I said post-1970. Sticky Fingers was really the end.
>>
>>61469930
Did that come out in 70 or 71? I don't even remember.
>>
>>61469851
>they died with the 1960s
>two of their only three good albums were released in the 70's (with the one from the 60's being literally a few weeks before 1970)
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>61469957
>>
>>61469963
Exile really isn't that good. Even Mick Jagger said himself it's just meh.
>>
>>61469996
It's like I said. EOMS is the album that almost singlehandedly birthed hair metal and buttrock (well, along with Led Zeppelin's stuff).
>>
>>61469996
>>61470026
Keith loves Exile, but then he's always been a buttrocker at heart.
>>
>>61469996
Most major 60s artists have shit taste in music. Tom Waits says it's one of his favorite albums of all time and it was a huge influence on him so who gives a fuck what Jagger thinks.
>>
>>61469996
By the way, if you actually finished reading that quote, the reason he thinks it's meh is because it didn't have any hit singles. He literally equates quality with how much money it earned him.
>>
>>61470151
Calling MJ a pleb is almost an insult because he was always the guy who wanted to experiment with every music style under the sun. Keith is 100x more pleb as he's never aspired to anything more than playing rawk.
>>
>>61470183
Kind of but you also forget that he said the album is too long, has too much filler, and not enough variation in its sound (almost 70 minutes of monotonous rock and blues numbers).
>>
So they had Grace Potter performing Gimme Shelter last summer with them. She just can't do justice to the song. Nobody other than Merry Clayton could.
>>
>>61469656
http://strawpoll.me/6443989
>>
>>61470189
>because he wanted to follow the trends to rake in the cash
>a good thing
No. Also, Keith Richards was the source of country due to Gram Parsons.
>>
>>61470235
That's the thing though, everyone agrees it's their most varied album. Which of their other albums has such a mix? I don't even know of any of their albums that have gospel or have such unpolished songs (you know, like, actual garage rock from the 60's did). And in the Tom Waits case, I'd say it's the stuff Jagger would consider filler that he found influential. Stuff like I Just Want to See His Face.
>>
>>61470665
Wasn't Keith also bffs with Ry Cooder?
>>
>>61470183
>By the way, if you actually finished reading that quote, the reason he thinks it's meh is because it didn't have any hit singles. He literally equates quality with how much money it earned him.

Basically, Mick thinks that some garbage like Miss You was a great song because it got radio play.
>>
Brian Jones was the best stone
>>
>>61471313
Brian Jones was sidelined because everyone else in the band hated working with him and he stiffed everyone on the beer money they were getting for payment in early shows and took home more cash than others

his musical influence/ideas were flavor of the week trend following psychedelia that no one really took seriously because its shit

he was shit and a loser
>>
File: exile-girl.jpg (113 KB, 600x536) Image search: [Google]
exile-girl.jpg
113 KB, 600x536
What's did they mean by this?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.