[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /mu/ think of him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 432x559) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 432x559
what does /mu/ think of him?
>>
I FEEL SO LONELY
>>
Overrated rip off hack, Burning Love is a good song though.
>>
>>61465384
This
>>
>>61465384
Also Jailhouse Rock
>>
>>61465347
Songs for the Deaf is his best album
>>
>>61465347
Not as good as
>>
File: 52262e1d99290arbus_two-women.jpg (114 KB, 622x640) Image search: [Google]
52262e1d99290arbus_two-women.jpg
114 KB, 622x640
wicked game is goat :)
>>
His music was shit
>>
>>61465598
>>61465454
>>61465428
>>61465384
Can you guys ever think in context of the period older music was released?
>>
>>61465384
>>61465428
Who did he rip off? Who are these singers who sound like Elvis who were knocking around in 1953?
>>
i think he is married to Sasquatch and lives in greenland
>>
>>61465700
Pat Boone, Chuck Berry.
>>
>>61465668
It's pretty much general knowledge that rock 'n' roll was born by making blues music for white people, stealing the styles and culture. Hell, "Hound Dog" is almost an exact copy of a song by a female blues artist at the time.

He was just a face. He could dance and get the little girls to freak out over him, other than that he was a stealing shit.
>>
>>61465774
Is this bait? Those two only released records after Elvis was already recording.
>>61465779
Big Mama Thornton didn't write the song, nor does her vocal sound anything like Elvis's. You might as well say she was ripping off Leiber and Stoller
>>
>>61465876
Ok, first of all no one is claiming he stole vocal styles so I don't know why you're bringing that up. Second, of course she didn't write it, she performed it. He still stole it and appropriated it for whites.
>>
>>61465347
He invented the front man
>>
>>61465910
So what exactly was he stealing and appropriating? The song was written by two white men. Elvis sang it in his own style.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.