[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boris - Pink, which version?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: BorisPink.jpg (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
BorisPink.jpg
28 KB, 400x400
Hey /mu/, I'm getting into Boris and want to know which version of Pink people think is the 'definitive' version?

The Diwphalanx Version, Southern Lord CD Version or Southern Lord LP Version?

As not only do the track orders vary, but the lengths as well.

Thanks!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_%28Boris_album%29#Track_listing
>>
Southern Lord LP
>>
the lp version
>>
the diwphalanx version fucking sucks and the track order on the LP isnt nearly as good as teh southern lord cd
>>
>>61460298
>>61460303

Thanks, any particular reason why?

>>61460347

Ok so it seems to be between the Southern Lord CD and LP versions. The version I've got is the LP version but I'll look into the CD version, which seems slightly trimmer.
>>
I have the Southern Lord LP version. I don't usually choose vinyl rips, so I assume there was a reason but I don't remember.
>>
The LP version seems more common.
>>
>>61460413
extended versions of certain songs (including a 10 minute noise jam at the end of Just Abandoned Myself) and a reordered, far superior tracklisting
>>
Does anyone have the vinyl rip?
>>
It really annoyed me when I discovered there's an alternate tracklisting that almost everyone thinks is superior, because in my mind 'Farewell' is the opener to this album and always will be, it's too late to readjust.
>>
>>61460918
The Southern Lord CD Version is by far the most popular one.
>>
>>61460918

uh farewell as opener is the best tracklisting, anyone who disagrees is an idiot. following farewell with just abandoned myself at the end is retarded, farewell into pink at the beginning is clearly better.

also the extended tracks on the LP arent essential, the 5 or so minutes of static noise in pseudo-bread in particular is totally superfluous
>>
>>61461015
>also the extended tracks on the LP arent essential, the 5 or so minutes of static noise in pseudo-bread in particular is totally superfluous

Glad someone else feels the same as I do.
>>
Just popping through to remind y'all that the stretch of albums from Amplifier Worship to Pink is the most amazing run in rock music history. Literally all 9/10 albums minimum
>>
Thank you for the help everyone, I'm giving the CD versiona a go now.
>>
the extended version of Just Abandoned Myself is the best track on the album, so I think the vinyl track listing is better just based on that
>>
>>61461335
>the extended version of Just Abandoned Myself is the best track on the album

yeah obviously but both the southern lord cd and vinyl LP have the same version of that track
>>
>>61461335
>>61461475

Hah I'm just on this track now and it's awesome.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.