[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Berklee College of Music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Thinking about auditioning for a scholarship to the five week summer classes Berklee offers up in Boston. Anyone been there before? And what did you play for your auditon? I'm going for guitar since it's my primary instrument, and I think I'll do Tools 46 and 2. What do you guys have to say?
>>
>46 & 2
Good guitar choice, if I must say so.
>>
>>61455921
never applied there myself but everyone i know there who plays guitar is insane
https://youtube.com/watch?v=yYUmXOxeZeI
look at this video

and then see his band live if you can

lots of great music coming out of there though, and it's probably the best show you'll ever have at "making it" in the music industry
>>
>>61455990
whoops i misread and thought you meant applying to go there in general

shouldn't be quite so bad for a summer thing
>>
>>61455962
Thanks man! I'm a huge tool fan, and I think playing that song will really demonstrate a good understanding of changing time signatures, among other things.

>>61456007
No problem, I don't have my hear set on it. And the 5 week program would be something that to start with. If I really like it and I get handed some outrageous scholarship then damn right I'll go for a four year deal. Most likely not though.
>>
>>61456528
something to understand is that most successful berklee students don't graduate, since they get a job / other opportunity well before they do

so make sure you keep "it'll be less than four years if all goes well" in your plans
>>
>>61456565
I hear you. I'm from the eastern Pennsylvania religion and there are a few musicians in the circuit who have been to berklee, and interestingly enough like you said none of them are graduates.
>>
File: 2685.jpg (19 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
2685.jpg
19 KB, 256x256
>>61456666
YOU'LL GET IN WITH THOSE QUADS
>>
>>61456741
Hahaha well holy shit I guess it's ment to be. I'll let you know when my record releases.
>>
>>61455921
Get ready to hang around with people who treat music as a sport. There's some cool classes, but overall It'll probably just end up making you hate your instrument and music in general
>>
>>61456823
Noted, have you attended berklee before?
>>
>>61455921
>>61456823
Oh didn't read summer classes. I did the summer classes and loved doing it, but I honestly didn't learn that much. It was more just a fun experience that made me not as cocky about my guitar playing as I used to be
>>
>>61456863
I hear you. But I totally understand what you said before. Its one of the reasons I'm apprehensive about doing a whole four years. It would probably kill the entire reason I started playing music.
>>
>>61456905
ya 5 weeks was enjoyable, but i feel 4 years would really kill my enjoyment as well. The city of Boston is really great, and the area Berklee is in is amazing. I was in the only Co-ed building too , but I hear that's not a thing anymore. One more thing, that would be a good choice in audition song. The guy I auditioned for wore a shirt that said shred guitar or something like that, and he had glam rock hair. I think I got unlucky lol
>>
>>61457133
I appreciate the input man. I was thinking that alot of guitar players would go in ripping it up in 4/4, so I wanted to stay away from that while still testing myself and showing what I can do, and 46 & 2 is the first thing that came to mind.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.