[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I need a new player, what's /mu/'s preference?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: sith.jpg (57 KB, 690x960) Image search: [Google]
sith.jpg
57 KB, 690x960
So I need a new player, what's /mu/'s preference?
>>
iTunes will always remain the best. Don't let the fedora hipsters convince you otherwise
>>
musicbee
>>
spotify
>>
>>61454057
>>61454088
These to be very honest
>>
Musicbee, my man. Used to use iTunes, but it got annoying. Foobar didn't wrk for me because i couldn't organize my stuff by date added. Musicbee good tho.
>>
Either iTunes or foobar (with a decent theme) t b h music bee is ugly as fuck
>>
>>61454075
>>61454178
objectively correct

itunes is trashware
foobar is a meme
spotify.. don't even get me started
>>
Musicbee is great once you find a good theme and get settled
Foobar if you're one of those rainmeter (aka interior decorating for nerds) types
>>
>>61454075
this
>>
since this is a player thread i'm gonna hijack. i need a new Android player, what do you guys use?
>>
I use foobar2000 its ugly but I don't care.
>>
>>61454882
poweramp negro
>>
Serious question: does musicbee shorten anyone else's music files? A few of the albums I own and play in Musicbee have had all their songs' endings cut off by a few seconds and I'm not sure if it's the player or the files themselves. I downloaded the albums from pirate bay, by the way.
>inb4 b8
>>
iTunes alternatives that let you sync iPhones? [windows 8.1] :(
>>
>>61454018
Winamp because black bento is the best media player layout I've ever experienced. I'll switch to foobar if I ever find a skin as functional and aesthetically pleasing. Also adding files on foobar is iTunes levels of awful.
>>
Zune player is still my favorite, but MusicBee wins for not being dead.
>>
>>61454882
why on earth do people not use google music
>>
>>61454018
Musicbee if you're a normal person
Foobar if you're actually clinically high-functioning autistic.
>>
>>61455754
>Winamp
>>
File: 1429527586702s.jpg (3 KB, 104x125) Image search: [Google]
1429527586702s.jpg
3 KB, 104x125
Winamp honetly
>>
Winamp yas
>>
>>61455635
Used Musicbee for a few months now and never had that issue. Have you googled it?
>>
>>61454882
плeep пo пaпкaм

KISS folder based player
>>
i used to use musicbee but since i've downgraded i'm using MS groove. It's actually very nice in that it only does the one thing it's supposed to, play music, which is all i need rn.
>>
>>61454075
Came to post this, its the one I have liked the most by far.

>>61455635
Theres an option to do that but it shouldnt be active by default. Have you tried opening your files with something else (like vlc)? If they dont get cut in other players then it may be solved with the option "give music bee more memory" or something like that which is somewhere n the player preferences.
>>
>theme
Needing themes and unnecessary aesthetics in your music player is flat out stupid, because the main purpose of the music player is to listen to the music. Themes are superfluous. Use whatever the fuck you want, OP.
>>
foobar is the best in my experience.

super light-weight and highly customizable, i don't just mean aesthetically.
>>
>>61457952
>Needing
Nobody said they need themes, you can appreciate music perfectly with an ugly music player. However, I noticed that the aesthetics, notably the colour, of my player affects my appreciation for the music I'm listening to at the moment, similar to how an album cover directs your feelings before you even start the album.
>>
>>61458013
>I noticed that the aesthetics, notably the colour, of my player affects my appreciation for the music I'm listening to
lol
>>
>>61458025
Sorry man, I'm not a native speaker, I'm confined to the weird english they taught me in school.
>>
>>61454882
Rocket Player
>>
>>61457655
>anime pic
opinion discarded, fucking loser
>>
>>61454882

Poweramp all the way. If you're a poorfag root your phone, download Lucky Patcher and patch it.

If you don't want to do that, download BlackPlayer if gapless is important or Rocket Player if it isn't
>>
>>61454075
this
>>
>>61454075
best one
>>
I use Windows media player
I like it.
>>
itunes if you're using a mac
spotify if you don't own that much music, make sure to get premium though
musicbee if you're using windows
foobar if you're experienced with computers and can manage the customization features
winamp if you're a contrarian
not experienced with linux so i can't say what works best for those
>>
Windows 10's GROOVE
>>
>>61454743
>foobar is a meme because I couldn't get it working.
The salt is real.
>>
>>61454057
This, especially for Macfags
>>
File: Capture.jpg (188 KB, 1279x1023) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
188 KB, 1279x1023
Foobar here, without a third-party theme. I like how I can customise the way things are organised/displayed. It also integrates with other stuff I use like mp3tag, audioidentifier, album art downloader, etc.
>>
>>61460249
>l-let me scroll to sun o)))))))))))))))))) so i can show them how obscure and deep i am
>i am quite the eclectic listener
>>
File: 1287431787669.jpg (51 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
1287431787669.jpg
51 KB, 500x461
>>61455754
>adding files on foobar
It's library based. You just add the files to the directory it is monitoring.
>>
>>61460280
>obscure and deep
No. It was a choice between Sunn O))) or Neutral Milk Hotel.
>>
>>61454882
Black Players premium version .It looks great and has everything I need .
>>
Aimp2 of course

why does everyone jerk off on musicbee and itunes, they look like shit.
>>
>>61454018
back to /tv/ you cuckold obsessed faggot
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.