[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've ghost produced for Steve Aoki and David Guetta. AMA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1451005448133.jpg (24 KB, 476x475) Image search: [Google]
1451005448133.jpg
24 KB, 476x475
I've ghost produced for Steve Aoki and David Guetta. AMA
>>
>>61449811
how much per track?
>>
>>61449829
$25,000 from Aoki
$10,000 from Guetta
>>
>>61449869
how did they approach you? what does the contract say?
>>
>>61449905
I sent a few demos and tracks to Ultra Music, they liked them but not "my appearance" (must mean I'm ugly as fuck and I don't know how to use a CDJ.) They said someone would be in touch with me in about two weeks, got a phone call from Ultra that they wanted me to try out working with another producer, they flew me out to Miami where Guetta was during UMF in 2011. we met, I showed him a track, he liked it.

Signed a contract saying that if needed I will make more, and I can't disclose my name for 40 years after the release.
>>
>>61449905
With Aoki it was way simpler. I contacted Dim Mak after signing with Ultra saying that I was interested to work with one of their artists, sent them the track I made, they liked it, three months later I met Aoki and boom, same thing happened.

Contract was that it is a one time thing, and I can't release my real name.
>>
did they change your tracks or take them as they were? apart from mastering of course.
>>
>>61450153
They didn't change the tracks per se, it was more of synth changes or shortening parts.

It was really easy with Guetta, he looked at it three times.
>>
>>61449811
Did Steve ever talk about his time in the Goleta emo/punk scene? Did he ever hang out with Kent McClard? If so, what was he like?
>>
How do I get into ghost producing
>>
>>61449811
which songs
>>
>>61449811
which tracks?
>>
>>61450290
Lol no. We talked on the tracks, his upcoming (out now) album, and SOL REPUBLIC

>>61450337
1. make good track
2. be an ugly sob
3.send said track to music companies
4. get phone call/email
5. ????
6.$$$$$

>>61450377
>>61450427

Guetta: Dreams
Aoki: Come With Me (Deadmeat)
>>
>>61450489
>Guetta: Dreams
>Aoki: Come With Me (Deadmeat)
i guess you are fucked now
>>
>>61450489
Guetta's track was dece, Aoki's not so much
>>
>>61450032

>Be Ugly
>Want be a Electronic Producer
>Not Using a Mask or a Helmet
>>
Why are you lying on the internet for no benefit?
>>
>>61450582
desu Dreams was the first and last hurrah of my career, I made shit money doing those tracks and I should've hardball for a little bit more $.

TL;DR I was fucked from the start

>>61450621
Why would I lie?
>>
is Deadmau5 a good producer?
>>
>>61450763
He's a great producer but a shitassed little cunt
>>
>>61450640
you stopped making music?

>>61450763
considering the equipment he have, his output is very mediocre at best
>>
>>61450489
Should put a horse head m8
>>
>>61451016
Yeah, I wasted all my money and by 2013 it was over. I sold my shit and got a day job. Some day I'll get back into it
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.