[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of Philip Glass?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
What do you guys think of Philip Glass?
>>
Shit
>>
who is that, alice's dad?
>>
Einstein on the Beach was mediocre

The Photographer was great

Glassworks was alright

can't really say much else
>>
I saw Einstein staged/performed live, was some pretty cool shit if you have the attention span for it. Most of his other things were done better by other minimalist/process music composers (Reich, Riley, Young, kinda Adams, etc) I don't really blame him for me not liking his music, I think its more that his music became so wildly popular that it inspired a generation of composers to do the. exact. same. thing. which is through my exposure to all of that shit is where I lost interest.
>>
einstein on the beach is my favorite opera. i like the organ/synth sounds on the 1979 recording more, but the 1993 recording is more complete.
>>
>>61441954
Listen to Music in 12 Parts. Most people think it's his best work.
>>
>>61441831
Einstein on the beach is perhaps the greatest epic written in the last 25 years. if you don't think so, you've obviously haven't even seen it live.
>>
Einstein and Music in Twelve Parts are masterpieces.
The rest are OK.

Overall Reich is better except in stageworks.
>>
I like 'The Light' f a m
>>
basically check out all of his operas they are his great works
>>
>>61443072
I watched a recording of it and wasn't that impressed t b h
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.