[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else find it funny and cute how some people on this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12
File: smug.jpg (77 KB, 381x386) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
77 KB, 381x386
Does anyone else find it funny and cute how some people on this board actually try to pretend rap is good yet then tries to mock other peoples tastes?
>>
no not really
>>
I know, senpai

Rap is the shittiest meme of the decade
>>
Rap has so many sub genres you can't really say its all bad listen to J Cole or Kendrick Lamar
>>
>>61441739

>I swear im not obsessed!!
>>
>Talks about people mocking other peoples tastes
>Is doing that
wtf senpai
>>
>>61442592
>tries to defend rap
>names the 2 most overrated rappers in the last five years
you're not helping
>>
>>61441739
Overall I'd give this bait a strong five to a light six, but let me know what you thought in the comments.
>>
>>61442641
How is Kendrick Lamar overrated?
>>
>>61441739
I feel that way about metal 2bh.
>>
File: bait for anon.jpg (14 KB, 480x282) Image search: [Google]
bait for anon.jpg
14 KB, 480x282
>>61441739
>goes to rap threads to complain of rap
>open anti-rap thread and try to be smug about it
>jumps at any opportunity of dissing rap for no reason

Someone got obsessed with the BBC
>>
>>61442677

he's not, that anon just thinks because someone is popular they are overrated.
>>
Because lyrically, hip-hop is an overall unmatched genre. It may not be taken advantage of all the time, but it offers the most logic and easy way to deliver poetic lyricism. Even top 40 pop rap has some metaphors and similes thrown in.

The dad rock bands that are circle jerked by the masses and critics are vapid shit made for cheap pleasure. Indie rock is the most pretentious genre. Jazz is easy. Noise is easy. Metal is cringey. Punk tries too hard. EDM is based on short term pleasure. Classical is decent. I'd put folk up against hip-hop, that's basically it off the top of my head.

I'm not even butthurt either. Ever since rockists were like "FUCK THE RAPS IT AINT MUSIC MAAAAN, LACKS THE PASSION", hip-hop has always been a convenience to pick on, an easy target. If you try to argue for hip-hop to have any respect, the counter-argument goes something like:
>HURR DURR NIGGERS
>MUHNEE BICHES ND WEEEEEED LMAO
>DIS DIK ANT FREEEEE
>you fucking pleb trash how's high school going
Because you can't challenge what you don't understand
>>
>>61442971

agreed t b h
>>
Yeah but isn't this the same thing and adding to the problem?
>>
>>61442971
>Jazz is easy
>>
File: bait.jpg (36 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
36 KB, 625x626
>>61441739
>>
electro-swing > kpop > crunkcore > rap

prove me incorrect
>>
>>61443073

>kpop

wew
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 269x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 269x270
>>61443073
>electro-swing
>>
>>61443093
>>61443127
>rap

wew desu baka senpai
>>
>>61442971
>lyrics are the only way to tell compelling poetic stories
>plebs can't into emotional stories told through instrumentalism
>plebs that call anything they cant understand pretentious
>implying hip hop isnt just the genre for only the most literal of people that cant be bothered to think abstractly in any way, shape, or form
>>
>>61442991
Thanks
>>61443037
Don't get me wrong, jazz is probably my second favorite genre, it just isn't THAT complex when you break it down. It is very open to interpretation and gives freedom to expression which is wonderful, it's just an "easy to learn, hard to master" kind of thing. Do you have basic knowledge of how to play an instrument? Congratulations, you can make decent jazz if you try.

I live in north-east Philly, you know how many 16 year olds I pass by daily trying to rap with their friends? At least 3, and they're all ass.
>uh yeah nigga I ain't no snitch
>fuck your whole crew I kill a bitch
>>
>>61443201
Lyrics are not the only compelling way to tell a story. I can be emotionally moved by instrumental music, or even music done in different languages.
I understand pretentious shit, that's why it's pretentious. It tries so hard to be "deep" to the point where I can't understand it, but it comes off as psuedo-intellectual, and well, douchey.
Like I said, it may not be taken advantage of, but hip-hop provides the perfect space for lyrical creativity. You aren't bound by much, just the beat. No one really even cares if you don't rhyme. Take most of Busdriver's songs, there are songs from him that have been out for over a decade that people still don't quite grasp completely. Listen to the song Me-Time, for example.
>>
>>61443201
>Start's thinking they are "smart" by saying retarded shit like "telling poetic stories through instrumentation"
>complains of being called out on it
>says there is no abstract thought in hip hop
>proceeds to have madvillainy in their 5x5
>>
>>61443328
This lmao
>>
>>61442607
>>61442700
no1 brought that up friendo
>>
>>61443316
>hip-hop provides the perfect space for lyrical creativity
it provides a perfect space for sedating mush. writing in hip-hop makes me feel locked inside a mental space of aesthetic death
>>
>>61442971
Because instrumentally, black metal is an overall unmatched genre. It may not be taken advantage of all the time, but it offers the most depth and easy way to deliver the raw emotions of the artist. Even top 40 metal has some abstract instrumentalism thrown in.

The hip hop artists that are circle jerked by the masses and critics are vapid shit made for cheap pleasure.

I'm not even butthurt either. Ever since hip hop enthusiasts were like "FUCK THE ROCKS IT AINT MUSIC MAAAAN, LACKS THE PASSION", black metal has always been a convenience to pick on, an easy target. If you try to argue for metal to have any respect, the counter-argument goes something like:
>HURR DURR EDGY WHITE DUDES
>SATUNN DETH ND EMPTINESS LMAO
>DIS PAIN IS ETERNAAAL
>you fucking pleb trash how's high school going

Because you can't challenge what you don't understand

I can do this for literally any genre.

Do you see how much of a faggot you are yet?
>>
Does anyone else find me funny and cute
>>
>>61443438
>
>>61441739
>>
>>61443447
>a mental space of aesthetic death
reading this gave me stomach cancer
>>
>>61443461
>here's your reply
>yet again
>>
>>61443487

meant for

>>61441739
>>
>>61443502
>buttmad rapfag
>>
>>61443447
>a mental space of aesthetic death
Nigga, what
>>61443451
Fair point. Black metal is more complex than hip-hop by miles, I concede. BUT hip-hop production was never meant to be layered or complex, you would just loop a soul sample or something over drums for the rapper to take stage. What's black metal without vocals? Black metal. What is it without the music? Growling.
Hip-hop without vocals? Hip-hop. Without the music? Hip-hop. So there's less dependence as well, just thought I'd throw that in there.
>>
>>61443533

meant for

>>61441739
>>
>>61443541
>What is it without the music? Growling.
>black metal
>growling
ain't that death metal
>>
>>61443577
Sorry, not quite familiar with the differentiating vocal styles between metal sub genres.
>>
>>61442971
The truth
>>
yes, I find it funny that not everyone has the same opinions as me. I mean, what are they thinking.
>>
File: baguette1.jpg (291 KB, 1000x1146) Image search: [Google]
baguette1.jpg
291 KB, 1000x1146
>>61442971
>Jazz is easy
oui oui i give this bait le 5 stars
>>
>>61443541
All you are trying to say is that Hip-hop is the easiest form of music to produce quality music in, because all you need is poetic and lyrical creativity, and it requires very little, if any, musical know-how.

There is nothing wrong with this, but it being accessible creatively in no way makes it the best genre.

Also, useing the word "pretentious" when talking about a genre of music you dont like is a clear sign to completely discard your opinion.
>>
>implying Yeezy isn't the Mozart of our time
>>
>>61443541
>Black metal is more complex than hip-hop by miles,
You could argue that for literally any genre of metal EXCEPT black metal. It's literally all muh minor chord i - biii shit.
>>
>>61442971
Ravioli Ravioli your opinion is wrongioli
>>
>>61443998

good response
>>
>>61442971
Going into depth of what makes hip hop the most lyrically advanced genre but skimming over other genres in denouncing them isn't how you should make an argument. "This is bad" isn't a full argument, just a statement with no analysis to back it.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (25 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
25 KB, 1920x1080
XXXXXXXXXDDDD LE EDGY RAP IS SHIT BAIT MEME take your shit posting to /pol/ please
>>
>>61442971
The very fact that you call Classical "decent" and say jazz is easy shows that you know nothing about music. Hundreds of years of rules and harmonic development were put into what we call classical now. Jazz built off of Contemporary Classical and African folksongs and has some of the most complex harmony I've ever seen in my life, it's nowhere easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhSBK8VaLss
Your average musician couldn't play this let alone play Wonderwall correctly so you can ditch that meme friendo.

All you have to do to rap is be black, know ghetto terminology, find a decent producer and rhyme words. No musical talent whatsoever goes into making rap music except on the producers behalf which even then is stolen from other musicians who put their hard work and time into writing a good enough song to be sampled.

Am I insulting rap though? No it's fine for what it is; music for the lower class, something to listen to while you're out with friends or something. I would, however never compare it to the likes of Mozart, Mingus, Coltrane etc. because in terms of the talent to write that kind of music it doesn't even compare.
>>
>>61444287
>inb4 le hat image replies
>>
File: wrow.png (410 KB, 758x742) Image search: [Google]
wrow.png
410 KB, 758x742
>>61444287
The fact you call things people said once "meme", and sampling "stealing" give it straight away that you are a wannabe whose knowledge of music lies within getting impressed when somebody calls a song "hard to play" and then plays it. If you think it requires no talent to rap or to make sample based music, then go make it, you must have more talent than zero. I wanna see you go to the record store, pick a vinyl of something you never heard before, make a sample based beat that is not a piece of shit from it, and then record an original rap verse written by yourself over it, with no clumsy flow, with no retarded rhymes. If rapping requires absolutely no talent, then why anytime some retard on this board goes on the jay-z/dr dre "spit a verse anon" threads they show they know nothing about the genre by thinking that rappers use alternate rhymes when most rap songs are written in Couplets and sometimes monorhymes

Also
>you need to be black to make rap
>all hip hop beats are sampled
>all rappers use ghetto speak
>there is no knowledge of harmonicas and scales into the creation of chord progressions to hip hop production

wew
>>
>>61441739
Does anyone else want to throatfuck velma?
>>
File: 1384573346386.jpg (4 KB, 378x378) Image search: [Google]
1384573346386.jpg
4 KB, 378x378
>>61442971
>Jazz is easy. Noise is easy.
>>
File: yzd5mzprlf65b14iia73.jpg (32 KB, 416x234) Image search: [Google]
yzd5mzprlf65b14iia73.jpg
32 KB, 416x234
>tfw when people still fall for this low-level bait

We should just ban (Or at least collectively shun) any thread mirroring this. It's always terrible and long and it's the same damn discussion every time.
>>
>>61444768

so explain eyedea and almost all of rhymesayers you autist fuck

harmonicas too bitch, not even the best song

ITT: people who rekt themselves cause they no check themsleves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYlb0Vj9q_c
>>
File: autisms level.jpg (65 KB, 567x561) Image search: [Google]
autisms level.jpg
65 KB, 567x561
>>61445880
are you aware that... greentexts... are supposed to quote the wrong things the other guy said?
>>
File: sw.jpg (54 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
sw.jpg
54 KB, 500x329
>>61445430
>implying noise is complex
>>
>>61445761
fuck off to reddit
>>
>>61446381
Noise is complex by definition. It's sound with too many disparate features to be parsed as information.
>>
I have never heard good rap
>>
File: bad attitude.jpg (18 KB, 301x358) Image search: [Google]
bad attitude.jpg
18 KB, 301x358
>>61446668
Good rap has never heard you
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.