[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/hhg/ - hip hop general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 8
What hip hop releases are you looking forward to the most in 2016?

>Are Vince Staples and Post Malone industry plants?
Literally how did the blow up so quick?

>Is Kanye never going to release another album?
That Facts song was trash btw.

>Future new mixtape coming out in the middle of January.
As if we already didn't have enough of those.

>How did you spend your New Year's Eve? Was the music good?
>>
So glad that the black twitter meme has finally died. Thanks whities.
>>
I liked Facts
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=085N0Ckjv58
>>
Vince has been rapping with Earl Sweatshirt since EARL. Post Malone is for sure an industry plant though
>>
I don't understand, why did someone like Post Malone get so big when Spooky Black aka Lil Spook has been doing the same thing years before him and way better.

Just compare https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT2YDdZdE-I with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLsTskih7_I, it's the same thing.

Hell, even this was before White Iverson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrakVtJe974.
>>
>>61439668
lol no, how come no one's heard of him before 2015 and boom, suddenly the dude's signed to def jam

not to mention he has an album entirely produced by no id and dj dahi
>>
>>61439846
post malone has the catchier more accessible song (hook and production) of the three

their music videos matter, spooky black and ramriddlz probably scared people away with their videos while post malone took time to release his. hell, most people didnt even know he was white till it came out (even with the name, "WHITE iverson".

lyrically (and in their videos), spooky black is too internet a e s t h e t i c while ramriddlz is too ironically cringe to make it to the mainstream, plus their songs never got carried by other rappers and djs like white iverson did
>>
>>61439115
Damn. So I have been lagging on listening to some stuff but holy shit, King Push blew the expectations I had for it out of the water.
>>
>>61439846

lil spook is too dope for the mainstream-they cant handle it
>>
>>61440282
this exactly
>>
>>61439846
spooky black acted like he wasn't serious about what he was doing, making quirky, ironic meme videos
while post malone dressed like a rapper put on grills and made a high(er) budget music video
if you wan't to become a famous rapper the most important thing is image.
>>
Need sauce on:
Does anyone know the name of the song where there is two perspectives one of a black guy that tries to prove his worth to a gang to kill someone and the other the white kid who get shot and his car stolen?
>>
>>61440438
>quirky, ironic meme videos
opinion discarded
>>>/v/
>>>/indieheads/

get that bandwagon hopping buzzword shit out of here
>>
spark's
>>
>>61440515
I like spooky black you butthurt faggot. but when he's dancing around with a du-rag, wearing a t-shirt with a vaseline logo he's obviously being ironic and his "a e s t h e t i c" is pretty much just a quirky tumblr meme. open your eyes retard
>>
>>61439846
i still cant believe coonye done put this wack cac post Malone on a track

this fatass has a bunch of videos of him and his white friends as teenagers acting like normal cacs doing they cactivities with 0 of that fake blackccent he now uses

everything about him is so fake it pisses me off
>>
>>61440496
eminem guilty conscience

lol
>>
>>61440615
calm down autist and go back to /v/
>>
>>61440110
i remember him on old OF cuts from like 2011. didnt think much of him then so he definitely improved since then but last year he released pretty good ep and that's how he got buzz for his debut. post malone no doubt a plant tho
>>
>>61440701
suck my fucking dick you fucking retard
>>
>>61440701
of all the boards, why /v/? is this just some standard insult you keep in your weak arsenal?
>>
No way is Vince Staples a plant. You seriously think people weren't listening to him before Summertime 06?
>>
>>61440515
>>61440701
>being this anal blasted because someone called your favorite artist a memer
>>
out of all the industry plants like travis scott, post malone, vic mensa, etc

i think the best one out of all of em is thank you dolla $ign
>>
>>61440784
You don't know what an industry plant is.

Future IS an industry plant. He was literally another somewhat popular trap artist a few months ago with affiliations to Gucci. Literally Peewee Longway level of fame. Before that he was just the guy singing the hooks on DJ Khaled tracks.

Suddenly DS2 came out and it was a huge deal out of nowhere despite like no singles and not even that much promotion. Now suddenly he's one of the biggest rap stars up there with Drake, Kendrick and Big Sean(????????).

I mean how can someone who makes trash music become this popular, he can't even carry a song without autotune.
>>
>>61440848
His mixtapes leading up to DS2 were a big deal, too, and Pluto and Honest had popular singles
>>
>>61440282
yeah, basically sell yourself.
>>
>>61440773
i dont even like spooky black
but i can tell when someone is new
so go back to /v/
>>
>>61440936
you still have not made any counter arguments to my original statement. what exactly made you so furious and how was my statement wrong?
>>
>>61441039
not furious or mad
just find it wrong that you escaped your /v/ cesspool
>>
>>61440848
>I mean how can someone who makes trash music become this popular, he can't even carry a song without autotune.

You sound like an angry teenager that just discovered Nirvana
>>
>>61441076
it is quite obvious that you are fuming dude
>>
>>61441098
You sound like a nigger loving retard with a terrible taste in music.
>>
>>61441237
14 year old /pol/ack detected. I bet your favorite band is led zeppelin and you use words like "real instruments" and "real music"
faggot
>>
>>61441333
Not him, but you need more Johnny Rebel in your life, friend.
>>
>>61440848
You're a goddamn fool, lmao. Future has been big for fucking YEARS. And if you think DS2 had no promotion or singles, then that's just factually wrong lol. Not even a huge fan of his but Tony Montana, Turn on the Lights, and Same Damn Time were massive singles before even Honest came out, so foh
>>
>>61441333
No, fyi White Iverson is my SOTY.
>>
>>61441404
And you're shitting on Future?
>>
>>61441392
>implying I can't recite the Jonhy Rebel discography by heart
I like sugar and I like tea, but I don't like niggers no surrey
I am however not a drooling retard that unironically says shit like nigger lover and I cries about autotune
>>
>>61441444
He literally can't sing or rap without autotune, it's pathetic.
>>
>>61440110
Vince has been around for a while, he just got signed is all. Post Malone came out of nowhere though, which is a little bit suspicious
>>
>>61441492
Young Thug uses autotune and can flow like crazy, what's your point? What if the record sounding good is the most important part? Imagine a world where that was the truth. Oh wait, here we are.
>>
>>61441492
>a rapper can't sing
fucking stop the presses
>>
>>61441492
you sound like that guy who claims one rock band is better than the other simply becasue the guitar player can shred faster
>>
>>61441532
Yeah, it's a terrible thing when 80% of his songs are him singing, otherwise I wouldn't complain.

>>61441571
I don't get this comparison? Future is annoying because he's an abysmal vocalist.

Fetty Wap, Rae Sremmurd, Travi$ Scott, Migos, Ty Dolla $ign, PARTYNEXTDOOR, Majid Jordan, Future, Chief Keef, Young Thug, can't stand the stupid ass voice distortion they all use.

All sounds like one same person.
>>
>>61441637
I think most of those people are really distinctive and Post Malone has an irritating voice, so there you go.
>>
Anyone feeling these Bankroll Mafia tracks that have been coming out? Bankrolls on Deck was pretty lit, but Out my Face was pretty disappointing, even though Thugger still went in.

It's gonna be a big year for Thugger. Slime Season 3 is finished, Hytunes is finished, and he's got collabs with Bankroll Mafia (T.I., Peewee Roscoe, Shad Da God, Thugger), Post-Malone, Fetty Wap, and Migos on the way.
>>
>>61441637
I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't tell the difference.
>>
>>61441637
so basically
>I don't like the sound of autotune
and, fell into the pit of trying to debate someone on personal preference
WEW
LAD
>>
call yo frienzzzzz n lets get drunk
>>
>>61441699
>implying Biebers verse wasn't fire
>>
is peewee longway good at all?
>>
>>61441731
he's signed to 1017 and he works a lot with Gucci, and Young Dolph (aka traps most unappreciated), so if you like that style you'll like him. One of the few in hip hop who really probably lived what they rap
>>
If y'all think Vince is a plant, you obviously haven't been paying attention. He's been around since before OF hit their prime. I remember listening to his mixtape Shyne Coldchain 4 years ago, and he's been getting more skilled and more popular ever since then. He's not a super new artist
>>
>>61441637
see
>>61441694
>>
>>61441845
i first heard of him appear on a track with earl in 2013. was like wtf, who is this lil niglet, he ruined the song
>>
>>61441845
This. If you didn't at least hear his name before 2015 you're probably new to Hip Hop
>>
>>61439115
I doubt Vince is
>>
When is backpacker shit gonna become cool to like (on the internet) again? I like some mainstream rappers but I can't stand this recent wave of artists incomprehensibly mumbling about bullshit over the same generic ass trap production. I'm not saying every single song has to be super meaningful, but fuck, they could at least put an ounce of effort into having some clever or interesting or even decent lyrics
>>
>>61441637
>Rae Sremmurd sounds the same as Majid Jordan
>Chief Keef sounds exactly like Fetty
Nice try, rockist

Now tell me about how distinctive Vinnie Paz is from Immortal Technique :^)
>>
>>61441694
>>61441860
Future is still trash and should stop trying to sing when he can't.
>>
>>61440848
march madness happened
also trap in general became mainstream building up to his rise in popularity
>>
>>61441944
They care more about crafting songs, making catchy melodies, freestyling over the beat. It's like they're naturally floating over the instrumentals, you could say it's like the improvisation part of free Jazz or something. That's why I think this scene is so interesting, it's really intuitive. They sing/rap what they feel in the moment, there's not much room for writing complex lyrics.
>>
>>61442148
>It's like the improvisation part of free Jazz or something.

This T B H.

Young Thug even uses what's the equivalent to modern day scat in a few of his songs. WATTBA probably didn't have many solidly written verses, it was just Drake and Future vibing off each others energy.
>>
>>61442148
>crafting songs
They're not "crafting" anything. They're going over boring beats that sound exactly the same as every other beat in the entire scene, and using the same trite verse-hook-verse-hook structure (or just one long verse, but that's rare)
>making catchy melodies
I will give you that. A lot of the songs are catchy, especially the ones from guys like Fetty Wap. But saying "hey, at least it's catchy!" is basically saying "hey, it's 1/5 of the way to being a good song". You need more than a catchy melody for your song to be considered a *good song*
>freestyling over the beat
> it's like the improvisation part of free Jazz
"They're improvising their lyrics, free jazz musicians improvise their music, that means they're similar!" No, not at all. There's more to free jazz than just improv, but when they do improvise the melodies, they're good, or at least unique/interesting. The same can't be said for guys like Young Thug and Future (as far as uniqueness goes)

People are free to like what they want. Im not gonna berate someone simply for liking Future. But don't try to dress it up in fancy language and ridiculous comparisons as if it's anything more than a decent melody and derivative lyrics being autotuned and mumbled over a generic trap beat
>>
>>61441944
i swear hip hop has never been this shit, now its all about

bragging and flexing about how "strong" you are
>thugga will break a nigga nose lil nigga!

nonsensical acronyms and namedropping random brands
>uoeno uoeno uoeno uoeno
>versace versace versace versace
>spendin errything on alexander wayne!
>yeezy yeezy jumped over jumpan

talking about how tough of a drug dealer you are to keep that "SKREET CRED", constantly saying shit like plug, ice, wrists and similar
>muh plug cookin some real good shit
>we movin diego
>in love with that coca like they OT
>9mm my brothers my keeper he be servin that ether

namedropping random athletes that dont got anything to do with it
>michael vick cook it so good man cause he use a lefthand
>two 9s on me like im warren sapp
>she changed her hair again my bitch like dennis rodman

constantly having the need to inform everyone about your "realness"
>im the realest nigga you ever seen since mj
>whats this i see? mothafuckas tryna act like gs!

talking about sex and drugs
>i just hit a 3 peat, fucked 3 hoes i met this week
>if she aint a virgin then the bitch only average

informing everyone about how rich you are
>40 on my wrists
>diamonds in my teeth so talking aint cheap!
>talking bout Ms nigga!

trying to get simpathy from everyone with self-criticizing lyrics, playing on that "im just another human being, i aint perfect" card, portraying yourself as a self aware addict or someone whos heart has been broken, etc
>that codeine future tried to give it up, man i cant give it up
>drake on diamonds dancing and entire hotline bling
>stoner young thugga, stoner young thugger
>when you fuckin on a nigga, do you think about me

so why aren't we allowed to enjoy conscious rap again? is there an actual reason?

every time i try to do it all these meme rap fans here start spamming "le born in le wrong generation", "g2bed dad XDDDDDDDDDDDDD", "le illmatic le mos def XDDDDDD list goes on" and similar

so why?
>>
Kanye, everything I heard about SWISH sucks so far but for some reason I have the feeling it will turn out great, Young Thug, Kool AD, Heems, even tho hes crazy as fuck for some time now, Earl(?), Milo, Open Mike Eagle(?) Lupe, Chance, RTJ3, Ferg, King Push, Views from the 6, Frank(?), Bottomles Pit, Yung Lean, Flatbush Zombies(?)
Is all I can think of from the top of my head rn
>>
>>61440848
honest was the industry's /honest/ attempt at making him an industry plant

then fewtch said fuck it broke it off with ciara became a MONSTER

did monster, beast mode, 56 nights
and those 3 are the godsend tapes
>>
>>61441972
>>Chief Keef sounds exactly like Fetty
except it's true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hNaNNrINc4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiXsUPjnyZM

idk who majid jordan is
>>
>>61439283
Shit taste mate
>>
>>61442007
>new years eve
>asked the dj to play march madness
>"its too slow man, yeah its the best future song, but i cant play it, too slow, sorry"
wtf
>>
>>61442388
>idk who majid jordan is

Hes good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NW9M0dYSgc
>>
i'm the one that's livin lavish
>>
SHIT IS FUCKING FIRE SENPAI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhVwJQsIBZo
>>
>>61440110
Are you fucking retarded? Dude's been around since 2011, his popularity shot up a bit around 2013 with the Hive feature. His album sold 13k first week, that's nothing.
>>
>>61439115
Vince Staples had connections with Odd Future, so nah.
>>
>>61440848
This is copypasta so anyone who replied to this (except me) kill yourselves
>>
>>61442722
Odd Future = Industry plant, failed experiment to create hip hop and R&B that appealed to white hipsters.

Tyler is a douchey high school jock who got lucky and everything he does is scripted. Earl was actually serious though and when Tyler failed the people who wrote music for Tyler started writing music for Earl. The writers realized white people didn't like "joke rap" and wanted "real shit" hence Doris and all subsequent albums.

Frank Ocean was successful of course but he still has his shit written for him.

The rest are poor saps who got suckered into this game and failed. Once record execs realized they weren't profitable they tossed 'em. Already happened to Taco Bennett, Mike G, probably going to happen to Hodgy and Domo next. Vince just lucked out for being a gang member and having street creed, they saw profit in him.
>>
>>61442800
How do you go through life being this paranoid? Nobody's out to get you, anon.
>>
Doesn't feel like Staples blew up out of nowhere to me, I remember him around some Odd Future projects and Hell Can Wait was pretty good
>>
>>61442800
>failed experiment to create hip hop and R&B that appealed to white hipsters
How is it failed? OF is hella popular with white suburban teens
>>
>>61443000
OF is dead since a while ago
>>
>>61443049
It was still a cultural phenomenon during the early 2010s. You couldn't go near any high school without seeing a gang of white teens in OFWGKTA hoodies and those stupid donut socks/hats.
>>
>>61443110
Yeah but those kids have grown up and OF as a cultural phenomenon is pretty much dead.
>>
>>61443160
Im not arguing about whether or not it's dead, Im saying it's stupid to say it was a *failed* experiment. Considering the literal millions of dollars they made off of merchandising alone, I would consider that a success
>>
>>61443249
Yeah I agree. The original poster you replied to is pretty delusional though so I doubt there was any point in replying to him.
>>
Whos excited for Slime Season 3 here? SS2 had some of my favorite Thugger songs, I can't wait
>>
Excited for new young thug, skeptical about kanyes new album but I think he will surprise, excited for DOOMSTARKS, wouldnt mind the rumoured cole/kendrick project even though not a fan of j cole, hype for rtj 3, new earl that isnt shit would be nice too
>>
>>61444066
>DOOMSTARKS
lol
>>
>>61444701
Its coming in februrary fa/\/\
>>
drake album is coming september just wait on it
>>
>>61443324
Thuggers gonna have a fucking huge year in 2016. Future isn't slowing down either. Life is good bros
>>
I remember when I used to hate Drake, but Pitchfork giving BNM to Take Care changed my perspective on things.
>>
>>61439846
>Hell, even this was before White Iverson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrakVtJe974.
drizzy did a remix to this
>>
>>61447137
the original is better tbqh family
>>
Vince has a few solid projects
Kanye will drop an album and it will be another classic even though facts wasnt good
There are never enough Future mixtapes that shit is art>>61439115
>>
my fave goat rappers of all time

1. Gucci Mane
2. Big Sean
3. Squadda B
4. Ty Dolla $ign
5. A$AP Ferg
6. Dej Loaf
7. Slim Jimmy
8. Quavo
9. Rick Ross
10. Young Scooter
11. Vince Staples
12. Black Kray
>>
>>61443324
here. Thugger is my favorite rapper by far. SS1 and SS2 were great
>>
>>61440496
Gang Starr - Just To Get A Rep
>>
>>61447357
not terrible wheres thug tho
>>
post good party songs pls.
>>
>>61442917
Yeah Same
>>
>>61439115
Vince Staples has been putting out mixtapes and stuff since 2011 you twerp
>>
>>61447424
he ain't a favorite but he's in top 20

i hate when he does that "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHH" thing, my ears cant stand it
>>
>>61439115
>Literally how did the blow up so quick?
They're both bad, but I can see redditors and normies eating it all up

>That Facts song was trash btw.
Nobody disagrees with this

>As if we already didn't have enough of those.
And they were all fire
>>
>>61447357
nelly
ludacris
that sri lankan chick with the gunshot song
>>
>>61447464
that cracker post malone did too, yet he's a plant
>>
>>61439115
Views or Swish I guess. I'll probably listen to DoomStarks when it comes out in February four years from now. Can't think of anything else that is supposed to come out aside from three Lupe albums or Supreme Clientele 2.

Don't think Staples is but Malone is and I'm not too concerned about it.

Yes

Hopefully it'll be good

I was sick
>>
>>61440284
Why? MNIMN was really good. Numbers on the Boards and Nosetalgia are the 2 best songs of 2013
>>
>>61447498
ALL I WANNA DO IS *GUNSHOT* *GUNSHOT* *GUNSHOT* *GUNSHOT* *CASH REGISTER SOUND*
>>
>>61447428
Down on My Luck
Fuckin Problems
All I Blow Is Loud
China Town
Move that Dope
We made it
Stay Fly
Heaven only Knows
Holy Ghost
>>
>>61442800
Odd Future was just a bunch of teenage black skater punks that were goofing around and got lucky.
>>
>>61447357
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>61439115
>What hip hop releases are you looking forward to the most in 2016?
CHANCE THIRD TAPE BRUH

and if Cole/Kendrick does happen, its that

King Pusha could be goat
>>
Even Vince said in a recent interview that most of the stuff he's talking about in his songs is fake and that it never happened, he indirectly confirmed he's an industry plant.
>>
>>61440848
March Madness is top 10 songs of all time pleb
>>
>>61447508
no he hasn't, he's only been active since 2014
>>
>>61439846
if you do something good of course people will rip you off

of course there will be a watered down, more commercial act
>>
Music by "good" rappers is analogous to shred electric guitar music. Most people don't really care how clever your lines are; try making a good song that puts people in a good mood. This is why people will always prefer pop stuff to Big Pun using 500000 internal rhymes to talk about how he wants to blow people up with a grenade launcher. This also applies to a lot of modern rappers who focus on cleverness instead of raw technical ability.
>>
File: Vince Staples_Summertime 06.jpg (184 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Vince Staples_Summertime 06.jpg
184 KB, 1500x1500
>>61447603
source???
>>
What do you guys think of Casey Veggies?
>>
>>61447603
I don't believe this for a second with no source he's a real long beach crip
>>
>>61447687
I was so hyped for this, why was it so bad bros
>>
>>61447691
No where near as good as Jonathan Mathis
>>
56 nights, Beast mode, and Monster where all album quality mixtapes leading up to DS2
>>
>>61447603
if you actually think most modern rappers have actually been through the hardcore thug shit they talk about you are delusional, the gangsta era of rap ended ages ago.
>>
>>61439115
went to this big club, shit was packed with chicks.

they played some stuff from 2015: grimes, carly rae jepsen, the weeknd, but the party was mostly hip hop oriented: drake, future, travis scott, rae sremmurd and everyone else.

i danced with some super hot chick, and i got to feel her up and touch the shit out of her thighs and ass. the problem is that i didnt know what to do besides that, like i just danced with her, and we hugged, and i kept touching her, but thats all. i think she expected me to do something, but what? then she just moved on to someone else at the end of the party, i think.

i didnt even ask for her number or her name, i was too retarded to just initiate a conversation. when will i have a chance this good again, man, just kill me...
>>
>>61447804
nice pointless copypasta spam
>>
>"Unfortunately hip-hop, we have a habit of copying each other. We pretend to be something that we're not,” Vince said, going on to add, “You can say my music is real, but what if I'm lying? What if I made all this up? Then what? If I made all this up it's not real."
>>
>>61447885
But he's not lying...
>>
>>61447885
he's not really saying one way or another, just making the point that in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter, and he's right.
>>
>>61447798
Not true for
Future
Kendrick
YG
Vince
ScHoolboy Q
>>
>>61447963
this post is ironic right?
>>
>>61447989
How?
>>
>>61440110
Vince has been grinding for a long time, check out his string of old mixtapes, shyne coldchain 1 is his best project ever.
>>
>>61447691
i think he has a speech impediment
>>
>>61447764
True, Future was undoubtedly last years' rapper of the year.
>>
>>61447963
>Kendrick
>Staples
>been through hardcore thug shit
lmao
>>
>>61447748
It wasn't though

The verses were solid, the production was fun. It probably just felt too straight forward or dark for you.
>>
>>61440848
They tried to make him a popstar and they made a monster
>>
>>61448042
Vince is a long beach Crip
Have you not listened to GKMC
>>
>>61448042
>>61447963
>>61447798
Vince doesnt promote gang culture either

he is just a describer
He is a story teller
>>
>>61448050
>>61448050
Truuuuuuu
>>
>>61448108
Same thing for Kendrick
>>
>>61448049
Don't get me wrong, the verses were awesome. That's Vince game. But the beats were very meh and it looked like he didn't really say anything

Like, he made it very clear he was a north longside beach crip and that shit was heavy. but that's it, he doesnt add much to it. he later said he couldn't talk about potential crimes or some shit like that right now but plans to get more in depth later

hyped for that later
>>
Jonathan Mathis - Angry Kid
>>
>>61448108
as are most rappers, this seems to be something that the kiddies that demand TRUE GANGSTA BITCHEZ don't understand, also do you really want to support some one that has gone and murdered a bunch of people anyhow?
>>
>>61448085
>Vince
That kid looks and talks like a soft nerd

>Have you not listened to GKMC
I have and in any way does he act like he's any kind of thug, he just talks about "the hood"

I'm from Tijuana, Mexico, I've seen the worst thug shit, actual murders, executions, drug dealing, shootings with the police, many friends have died/are in jail, and I've never been a thug at all. Even with my background I would never act like I'm some real thug shit because even if I grew in the hood, I always stayed a good boy.

But I know what's real, that's why I appreciate Future's 2015 projects so much.
>>
>>61448224
Awesome album. I just wish it never got spammed so it never would have became a meme. It's been a while since I've seen it memed this hard though so there's that I guess. I find the fact that it was self produced to be very impressive.
>>
>>61448296
I like future as well, but Kendrick has been through a lot of rough shit I would guess being gang affiliated and it seems as if there's something he hasn't told us that changed him as a youth
>>
>>61439115
Vince Staples had been releasing stuff since 2011 and his releases from 2014 got moderate attention. Plus he has been featured in several Earl Sweatshirt tracks (he's in Hive, which is one of Earl's best); that obviously helped him gain notoriety.
That's how he 'blew up'.
>>
>>61439115
>Vince Staples is an industry plants

nooooo, i had high hopes for that nigga

>>61448296

So, you're your ghetto's bitchboy?
>>
Man, remember when Gucci literally WENT HAM on everyone on twitter, 2 years ago.

2 Chainz
Birdman
Black Chyna
Chyna
Ciara
Coach K
Drake
Eminem
Fantasia, Buffy the Body, Maliah, Mya and other strippers
Frenchie
Iggy Azalea
Jeezy
Keyshia Ka'oir
Monica
Nicki Minai
Oj Da Juiceman
Pharrel
Quavo
Rick Ross
Rocko
T.I
Takeoff
Tyga
Waka
Wooh Da Kid
Yo Gotti

Literally attacking his friends for no reason at all. Man, I wish we had more of that shit happening, but only Gucci can do something like that. Whenever I need a good laugh I go and re-read his old tweets.
>>
>>61448108
>Vince doesnt promote gang culture

>9 millimeter, my brother's my keeper
>as a kid all I wanted was to kill a man
>>
>>61448398
>Kendrick has been through a lot of rough shit
Nah, he looks like a good boy, a storyteller. He doesn't even do drugs or anything. If you know what actual "rough shit" is, you would know Kendrick is NO WHERE near that.

I only respect Kendrick's albums because of Dr. Dre's work on them. Clearly he's behind the grand production and conceptual development behind them.

I mean, remember how laughable the single I Love Myself was before TPAB dropped? It sounded like lame amateur shit. Then the album dropped and it was all polished. And the single I Love Myself had been replaced with a short live version, really well engineered by Dre's team.

Dre is a master producer, but Kendrick's persona really is some kind of gimmick. It's more of a movie than actual real shit.
>>
whats the name of the next future tape coming out?
>>
>>61448456
>So, you're your ghetto's bitchboy?
You clearly know nothing of that life, you sheltered faggot
>>
>>61448398
he killed a nigga at 16
>>
>>61448617
Bullshit
>>
>>61448574
The song is called "i" and the single version was way better.
>>
>>61448638
I know what it's called but "i" sounds so gay that I'm not calling it that. And the single version is ridiculously shit.
>>
>>61448638
>>61448684
I liked kendrick when GKMC was released but lost all interest in him when he released TPAB. I wish he'd leave all the political/social issue shit to the politicians.
>>
that kamasi washington album is so fucking trash family, listening to it for the 2nd time and i cant stand it, too boring, too fillerish, nothing new
>>
>>61439115
>ITT: Whitest retards I've seen
>>
>>61448888
Is it Hip Hop?
>>
>>61448603

lol, mi sangre, solo porque sea de Tijuana y vea bastardos colgados de puentes en la TV todas las mañanas no significa que sepa como son las cosas en los "barrios bajos"
>>
>>61439115
this picture is so great and accurate, i love it
>>
File: news_thumb_18860_630.jpg (96 KB, 630x302) Image search: [Google]
news_thumb_18860_630.jpg
96 KB, 630x302
>>61448946
Did you just use Google Translate?

I lived exactly next to the border crossing line neighborhood all my life until I was 20. Stop trying to acting like you know shit, whiteboy.
>>
>>61448888
but that album is Jazz, not hip-hop...
good job at not knowing anything about anything
>>
The new Saul William's singles were shit. Uncontrolable Hunger literally felt like he was just trying to ripoff Cudi's latest and MTHFCKRS was just boring. What the hell happened. At this rate only Burundi and Coltrane Solos are gonna be the only good tracks on MartyrLoserKing.

>>61448325
Yeah it sucks. He sent out an email awhile ago begging people to stop spamming the album here.
>>
Can I get white hip-hop recommendations?

Artists I like: Slug (Atmosphere), Spose, Brother Ali, Grieves, Macklemore (ironically), Deltron 3030, Watsky, Flobots, Cam Meekins

Are there any other whities or even blacks that have similar styles? I don't want slackjawed "nigga nigga" like Kendrick Lamar or other psuedo-intellectual negro shit piles.
>>
>>61449146
Saul Williams is pretty hit or miss anyhow, he's a performance artist more than he is a rapper/musician anyhow.
>>
File: ok.gif (915 KB, 245x285) Image search: [Google]
ok.gif
915 KB, 245x285
>>61449108
>but that album is Jazz, not hip-hop...
>>
>>61449249
you are officially a moron, good job, The Epic is in no way shape or form hip-hop.
>>
>>61449224
El-P, Cage, Sadistik, RA the rugged man
>>
>>61448479
"literally WENT HAM"

he literally turned into ham
h a r d c o r e
a
r
d
c
o
r
e
>>
>>61449066
soy de Bolivia, brother
pretty sure i know more about "shit" than you, bitchboy
>>
>>61449224
you should just stop listening to hip hop
>>
>>61449338
Okay, you're just funny at this point.
>>
>>61449312

Thanks babycakes, checking out all of them.

>>61449356
Sorry that I have lyrical standards and want to understand what they're saying. Or, in the case of everyone's hero Lamar, I want artists who actually say something intelligent and don't just pretend. He is such a fake it hurts.
>>
>>61449381
you are just coming off as a pretentious prick you know
>>
>>61449423
By liking artists like "Spose" that got famous from a shitty pop song? No, that's not pretentious - I just don't like music made by idiots.
>>
>>61449224
Jonathan Mathis is the best rapper/singer/producer/multi-instrumentalist/all around artist let alone white rapper.
>>
>>61449461
I already checked that meme out and I cried.
>>
>>61449224
Sage Francis, Ceschi, Listener, Saul Williams (his self-titled), Prolyphic and P.O.S.

>>61449226
This is pretty clear now. I love his song Talk to Strangers. Its beautiful. This is just uh.
>>
>>61449498
>>61449312
Thank both of you. All of the recommendations I've listened to from both of you have been really solid and enjoyable.
>>
>>61449483
did you listen to it in its entirety without skipping tracks allowing all the beat changes and putrid to take place? also, did you habe dank? if you aren't high its unlistenable, stoned, it's album of the year. it was designed that way.
>inb4 if you need to be high its not good durr
if you aren't a trippy person dont even bother with this album. the simple fact that you referred to it as a "meme" shows you're way below the threshold IQ to understand its underlying genius. crying should be expected as the second half gets extremely depressing when listened to in order.
>>
>>61449574
Do you actually think people are going to take you seriously by being this ridiculous? You're obviously typing in the same meme-oriented way as that album's description. It's a joke, you know it's a joke, we all know it's a joke. It was fucking awful.
>>
>>61449574
Finally someone said it. The outros tho oh my god I couldn't tell you a better stoner-rap album. Better than TPAB that's for sure.
>>
>>61449616
>>61449574

the samefagging though
>inb4 he posts an edited picture "proving" it's not samefagging
>>
>>61449612
>implying he has the right to critique or analyze something he hasn't heard properly
I'll bet you thought Cudder's album was a 0/10 too don't you? Fucking racist price of shit. The only joke here is that you're going to jump on the bandwagon the moment he drops and album and gets a good score from pitchfork. You fucking disgust me.
>>
>>61449687

>you have to be mentally altered to listen to this music properly

that's called being retarded, kiddo. I don't know what the fuck Pitchfork is. Grow up, man. Jonathon Mathis is just a solid 4/10 artist. It's unimpressive garbage.
>>
>>61449719
>not even him but I need to do this
>says the guy who didn't listen to it stoned all the way through
keep going through life thinking that. it wasn't meant for you. it was meant for depressed stoner middle school kids lol just let it go you won't ever get it.
>>
>>61449863

>it was meant for depressed stoner middle school kids
>somehow this makes it good

!?!?!??!?????!@?!?!?!?!?!!?@?!@?

Shit music is shit regardless of the intended audience.
>>
>>61449146
I never got an email I downloaded Angry Kid like a month ago...
>>
File: topo.jpg (53 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
topo.jpg
53 KB, 500x500
>hip hop thread
>not talking about the best mixtape of 2015
>>
>>61449928
it just means it doesn't resonate with you. it's far from shit it's the best album of 2015 easily. I mean most of 2015 was filled with half assed albums of you think it's shit that says more about you than it does about the Angry Kid
>>61449947
Me neither but I've seen people mention it more than a few times. I think he sent it way back when the meme was huge I've gotten an email for downloading it but it didn't mention 4chan
>>
>>61449302
it's still nigger music, who cares
>>
>>61449989

"it's the best album of 2015 easily"

HAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Jonathon, get the fuck off of /mu/. Nobody is going to believe this shit.
>>
>>61450050
I believe it. Ive seen this album posted hourly for days morning evening and night so either he really has fans on here or he doesn't sleep, at all. No need to samefag with you hate do you really have nothing better to do? You're just going to continue to get your jimmies rustled even worst case scenario if Jonathan really is meming himself (which I doubt) he can always contact his fans and get them to spam your thread so you won't ever be able to prove what you're saying is true (and I'm not saying it is) I recommend you just let this one go anon, this never ended well for angryfags in the past. The Jonathan Mathis fanbase can be quite unforgiving.
>>
>>61450192

>less than 200 followers on Soundcloud

ok kid.

I have more than that and I've only uploaded 7 unrelated singles that were all pretty much memes, never a serious single or album like he purports to have done, nevermind the fact that these people want to pretend "it's the best album of 2015".

fuck off
>>
>>61450050
but it is the best album of 2015, name a better one
>>
>>61450236

>inb4 ad populum fallacy

With music it's barely a fallacy. When you're THAT unknown, it's most likely because you're shit. In the internet age, if you're even decent, you'll have a much larger following.
>>
OH OH OH OH OH OKAY, LAMBORGINI MERCAY, YO CHICK SHE'S SO THIRSTAY, I'M IN THAT TWO SEAT LAMBO WITH YO GIRL SHE TRYIN JERK MEH

why cant kanye make more fun songs like this
>>
>>61450263
Give it time anon. You seem angry. Might I suggest "Jonathan Mathis - Angry Kid"? Just make sure you habe some dank ;)
>>
>>61450258
Why Am I So Happy?
Stories From the Green Line
How To Pimp a Butterfly (and I HATE Kendrick)
>>
>>61450263
>>61450236
>>61450050
>>61449928
>>61449719
>>61449638
>>61449612
>>61449483
this kid is literally the picture op posted at the top of this thread rn he's so mad XD kid are you a newfag or something?
>>
>>61450333
ecks DEEE XDDDDDDD

yea oops it's past my bedtime mom just called me and told me it's time to take my meds :^^^))
>>
>>61441729
Fav part of the song tbqh famalam
>>
>>61450297
God I hate this fucking meme. It's a great album and I know for a fact you aren't Jonathan and its pissing me off. He's no where near this pretentious.
>>
>>61450448
Hey fuck you he came on here and brought it on himself and I never said I was Jonathan wtf are you even saying? I never said it wasn't a great album too I'm not the one posting it in random threads this is a hip hop general thread I'm allowed to defend a rap album I like fuck off.
>>
>>61447403
That's not it
>>
>>61450311
Why do you hate Kendrick?
>>
>>61450550
be more specific
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr9qNnUO1YA
Can anyone post some songs similar to this that i can listen to while driving?
>>
>>61440676
Not it>>61450687
It's a fairly new song where the first half is the white guys perspective and he's talking about how he made a new friend and then the black guy goes in 2nd half and raps how he's fucking this white kid over to gain props for a gang
>>
>>61442356
>spendin errything on alexander wayne!
*Alexander Wang
If you're gonna shit on something at least do it right.
>>
Can anyone recommend me some nice bay area music?
>>
>>61442356
>>michael vick cook it so good man cause he use a lefthand
what the fuck?
>>
>>61439283
If you think of it as a quick song he just threw together for the hell of it then it isn't bad. If you think of it as a new direction for him and something he worked hard on then you'd probably think it's shit too.
>>
>>61445047
this
IYRITL was huge
>>
File: 532fcbe01605fb35f80000e3.jpg (5 KB, 164x158) Image search: [Google]
532fcbe01605fb35f80000e3.jpg
5 KB, 164x158
>tfw the only rapper i listen to is kendrick
>tfw hes not even really a rapper
>>
>>61447677
agreed

people act like hip hop didnt start from shit like

the hippy the hoppy the hip hop bip bop i dont know the lyrics man just stop me
>>
>>61450874
congratulations, you totally missed the point

who gives a shit about some fashion designers name
>>
File: michael-vick-photo.jpg (29 KB, 360x500) Image search: [Google]
michael-vick-photo.jpg
29 KB, 360x500
>>61442356
>>61451015
>>michael vick cook it so good man cause he use a lefthand

its actually "I might just do the Michael Vick man and cook it left hand' ...because michael vick throws lefty, and is an atlanta icon.

Lyric is from Gucci's "intro" on Trap House 4, made popular by Gucci and Thug's "again"
>>
>>61451422
a lot of these references elude me, and i see i missed virtually all of them when checking on genius. its not my type of music. i can appreciate the lyrical allusions, of which there is surprisingly many, but the content of the lyrics themselves are neither pleasing nor relatable
>>
>>61451527
Then stop thinking you have a valid opinion on Hip Hop
>>
>>61451558
fuck off, i never said i do
>>
File: 2016-01-02_23-47-35_1_1.jpg (160 KB, 720x1024) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-02_23-47-35_1_1.jpg
160 KB, 720x1024
On a slightly more positive note the Nevermen (Doseone, Mike Patton, Tv On the Radio Guy) single was pretty great. I don't know if the album will be clouddead level but it sounds nice from this one single.

>>61449947
Idk maybe it went to spam or something. It was sent in October I think. Here's a screenshot.
>>
>>61451656
its funny because he came on here and people are still doing it just to fuck with him. look for the kurt cobain thread.
Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.