[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Good" music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1441555261590.png (35 KB, 500x796) Image search: [Google]
1441555261590.png
35 KB, 500x796
Hey /mu/ so in your opinion what is it that a musician needs to have in order for their music to be considered "good"? I think creativity and originality is the main thing for me... Discuss.
>>
>>61436199
but i would say every artist considers themselves creative and original. How does one define that? What makes music "good?" It's all subjective anyways
>>
aesthetics.blob
>>
>>61436199
I love how "you" met a normal person, says some wacky zany things, and then decided "haha i'm so wacky and zany, I should take a pic of this to show my friends on /mu/ how wacky and zany I am".

I mean, there's no funny reaction or odd situation, he's just saying some /mu/ related memes, the other person acts completely normal, and he disconnects. sad really.
>>
>>61436284
>It's all subjective
how do you explain objectively great artists like charles mingus and ornette coleman? this is the biggest lie plebs tell them self to justify their garbage taste
>>
>>61436284
well I disagree desu there are lots of artists who I'm sure don't give 2 shits about that... However I think it doesn't matter if they consider themselves creative unless they ARE in fact creative. If One Direction considered themselves creative it wouldn't change the fact that their music is still very generic which means that it sucks.
>>
>>61436372
thats pure technical judgement. as soon as you begin to judge the complete artist, even the jazz world ibecomes split into "muh blues roots" and the eclectic camp
>>
>>61436358
Nah it's pretty funny just because of how weird everyone on /mu/ is while other people will just listen to a song and not care too much and stay a well balanced human being unlike us who probably take this shit way too seriously
>>
>>61436284
would you say then that justin bieber's albums are just as good as MBV's Loveless for example? i can't bring myself to believe that it's all subjective
>>
Good music is original (everything creative is original btw)
That's the only thing there is to the quality of music.
And since originality can be objectively measured, then so can music quality.
>>
>>61436828
so if I start beating a set of drums with my hard dick out of tempo and record it and then make a 102 hour long loop of it would you say that's good music? It's pretty original desu
>>
Musical talent, influence, and innovation are objective. Wether you enjoy it is subjective

Le end
>>
>>61436828
this desu

technique opens doors to creative avenues. by being skilled at whatever instrument you can do many more things, allowing you to try new and original stuff
>>
>>61436871
Except it isn't really
That's much more specific than it is original

>>61436885
Exactly!

>>61436874
I would switch musical talent with instrumental proficiency, and influence isn't really relevant to the quality of music itself, imo.
Other than that, I agree.
>>
>>61436199
The scope of the artist's vision, and to what degree they fulfill said vision
>>
>>61436407
read
>>61436646
>>61436885
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.