[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is so captivating about Grimes? and why do opinions of her
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 6543234567.jpg (8 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
6543234567.jpg
8 KB, 275x183
What is so captivating about Grimes? and why do opinions of her seem to be so divided?
>>
Because her music is basic, for the most part, especially Art Angels.

Of course, bad music isn't enough to warrant the hate she gets. She also has a terrible personality. Some will find it endearing, but to others she is pathetic, and will cry misogyny at the drop of a hat.
>>
>>61433392
Because she made herself, image-wise and music-wise. It's hard for people to deal with.
>>
File: Grimes.jpg (255 KB, 614x750) Image search: [Google]
Grimes.jpg
255 KB, 614x750
>>61433392
The main attraction is her gift for creating amazing melodies and beats on her own. I don't even like her voice that much, but the instrumental part of her songs is top notch. Grimes is also a quirky and likeable person. The almost perfect geek girl.
>>
>>61433430
>a lot of different layers of sounds going on during her songs
>basic
Did you even listen to her music?
>>
She just does her own thing well enough to be "chart" material. Mainly divided because people don't like change, her new stuff is really different but still has her signature.
>>
>>61433494
Yes, of course I did. That is a stupid question. I quite enjoyed visions, and I even saw her live in 2012 (big mistake, she was terrible, might be part of the reason I dislike her music). Stuffing a song with more "layers" isn't an automatic ticket to being complicated. Yeezus is a great example (not that Yeezus is bad or anything.) Her song writing is basic.

I'm so sorry if I hurt your feelings.
>>
>>61433430
I wasn't aware that she was a feminist. I know she has songs that cover sexual assault etc but I didn't think she subscribed to the whole feminist agenda.

>>61433486
>>61433459
Her instrumentals are really good, I'd say her voice is pretty variable though. Her style is pretty much perfect for the music she makes.

>>61433505
yeah, that really seems to be the case.
>>
because she has a vagina, on both parts of your question, OP
>>
>>61433392
we only like her because she is ugly and weird enough to give us hope that we might be with her. almost happened with Marina but she did a 180 and turned out to be hot.
>>
File: g.jpg (400 KB, 1052x1237) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
400 KB, 1052x1237
>>61433685
She's not ugly, dude. But sometimes she has a habit of changing her look to look quite unpleasant (especially her haircut). She can look great when she wants.
>>
>Visionsfags still saying AA is worse
Grimes herself said Visions is full of filler and some of the songs were made in one day
>>
>>61433734
>She's not ugly
>Posts a photo of her looking ugly
>>
>>61434005
>implying songs made quickly are a bad thing
>implying improv isn't the far superior way of writing music.

Go listen to some Can.
>>
File: Grimes.jpg (445 KB, 675x900) Image search: [Google]
Grimes.jpg
445 KB, 675x900
>>61434030
Ugly on that pic? Seriously?
>>
>>61434005
Then I guess time she spent on Halfaxa is nothing in comparison to time she spent on AA, but it's still better.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.