[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ocarinas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: s-l1000.jpg (97 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
97 KB, 800x533
Are these a meme?

I've never played an instrument in my life, and now I'm 22 and pretty broke being a uni student, but I want to change that.

So I started googling harmonicas, but apparently those are really hard to play properly and require a shit ton of maintenance.

That lead me to ocarinas.
They seem cheap (~$100 for a decent one) and not particularly hard to learn.

Seems like a nice hobby and stress reliever.

Thoughts?
>>
>inb4 zelda
This is the type of music I'd like to play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nLqH9wxTEk
>>
It's literally the easiest instrument to play. The triangle requires more skill.
>>
>>61429225
You're saying that like it's a bad thing.

The only thing I'm afraid of is that the ocarina alone won't sound too good.

Almost every video has background music accompanying the ocarina.
>>
Just buy a flute man.
>>
>>61429184
Jesus Fuck. Ocarina will ALWAYS be a meme.
>>
Get a recorder man. They sound better
>>
>calling an instrument a meme
fucking kill yourself
>>
>>61430873
Pretty much anything on /mu/ is called a meme now. It's 95% shitposting on here anyway. I want my 2009 /mu/ back.
>>
File: 1137795[1].jpg (170 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
1137795[1].jpg
170 KB, 1334x750
>>61429184

i cant believe im posting in an ocarina thread!
>>
>>61430873
>post-2012 /mu/
>not calling everything a meme, whether as a way to insult it or to shit up conversations
fucking oldfags, get off my shitpost board
>>
>>61430899
Nice shitpost

>>OP
if you're being serious, I would say try to learn the piano instead I could see yourself getting tired of the shit after failing to learn how to play the Zelda soundtrack because you have no idea how to read music or anything
>>
My brother plays one of these. He is very good at it and it sounds beautiful. He got a triple ocarina and it sounds great. Docjazz4 has some good videos if you want to learn how to play.
>>
>>61429301
I play one and this is true, but you gotta learn how to play it, right?
The other thing that buggers me is that the high notes are very loud (and hard to reach), so it would be almost impossible to rehearse without annoying your neighbours or whatever
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.