[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for some electronic music, specifically IDM,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: air freshener gas mask.jpg (113 KB, 960x727) Image search: [Google]
air freshener gas mask.jpg
113 KB, 960x727
I'm looking for some electronic music, specifically IDM, that has really interesting and great textures like Autechre, but is a little more accessible and is not Aphex Twin. Any recs?
>>
>>61417861
>IDM
>>
>>61417861
>electronic music
>>
>>61417861
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqkUUDwtGc4

Also fuck off.
>>
>>61417902
What's wrong with this?
>>
>>61417967
You mean apart from it covering more than half of all music made in the last 30 years?
>>
>>61417861
Check out Microhouse. I recommend starting with Jon Hopkins' "Immunity."
>>
>>61417996
Oh cool, you must have a lot of examples then, I need some more recs so please share them with me
>>
>>61418039
ty, sounds like an interesting genre. I'm pretty unversed in electronic music.
>>
>>61417947
gooooooooooooood shit
>>
Seconding Jon Hopkins' Immunity. Simply a brilliant album. Techno, House, Ambient.

/mu/ loves it but doesn't wank off over it because he's not on a meme label like Warp Records.

>>61385442

Preview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWam1HlKGkI
>>
>>61418725
Would you happen to have any good trance recs? I don't care if it's experimental or super catchy, pop shit.
>>
>>61418725
What? People here totally wank off over it. I never understood it, I think he's pretty boring.
>>
>>61418743

I love Above & Beyond personally, and their side project Oceanlab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl2SOwjx5Vc

Audien gets a bit of stick but he's a good introduction to trance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhZlO4IpEP8

>>61418779

Open Eye Signal is one of the biggest bangers of all time tho

We'll have to agree to disagree, like I personally find most of Aphex Twin's stuff to be basically saw-wave wankery over schizo beats. I apparently don't get his "humour".
>>
>>61418905
currently listening to Open Eye Signal, can confirm
>>
>>61418905
Thanks, mate. Honestly most of the house and trance music I've listened to is deadmau5. He's got some great stuff, but for the most part he's a total wank and I gotta find some better artists.
>>
>>61418905
I don't really love Aphex either apart from his early dance stuff.

Im fully aware that my option on Immunity is unpopular, but rest assured /mu/ has been all over it for awhile now.
>>
>>61418995

The thread I linked in >>61418725, check out a few of the shares on it, it was a damn good thread.

I'd rec Alex Banks - Illuminate, Clark - Clark, SBTRKT - SBTRKT, Moderat - II and Jamie XX - In Colour.
>>
for "idm", look thru the skam catalogue (especially bola). to me, the artists on that label feel much more like autechre than some of the other "idm" artists they're grouped with, in that most share a sometimes obvious and deep-rooted relationship with hip-hop and it's culture, as opposed to being more influenced by the late 80s/early 90s UK dance scene.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (113 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
113 KB, 1080x1080
Monolake familia, try this album first
he also helped to develop ableton so you know he got that good shit
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.