[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
John Lennon: asshole or hero? Discuss.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: john-white-album.jpg (96 KB, 254x352) Image search: [Google]
john-white-album.jpg
96 KB, 254x352
John Lennon: asshole or hero? Discuss.
>>
>>61411966
neither
people are complicated
>>
it's not surprising that someone growing up in Liverpool in the 40s/50s with a shitty family might have been a bit of an asshole

look at Liverpudlians nowadays. at least he's better than them subhumans
>>
asshero
>>
>>61411966
Both
>>
Why do dirty hippies act like John Lennon was a saint

He physically abused both his wives, emotionally abused his son, was openly homophobic and antisemetic, was controlling and misogynist, he literally made yoko ono write a list of all the men she’d been with and shamed her for it, was openly racist, wrote a song called “woman is the n-word of the world” (except actually used the slur) and never actually did any activist work, just posed with whatever groups and signs were counter-culture for the media, stated that the idea of disabled people touching him made him sick, used to pretend to be intellectually disabled on stage as a joke, and probably tons more shit that was never documented

Stop worshipping john lennon. The Beatles are mediocre and he was a horrifying human being

His son Julian hated him, even going so far as to release a song about how much he hated his father. You might know it as the light hearted pop song “Too Late For Goodbyes.”

On that note, if you want a great role model who was similar to John Lennon in the sense that he was all of the great things that people say about John Lennon with none of the bad things that John Lennon actually was, might I present to you:
>>
>>61412127
hahahahahhhaaaaaaa
LOL
L-O-L

XDDDD
>>
File: 3400.gif (1 MB, 400x254) Image search: [Google]
3400.gif
1 MB, 400x254
>>61412127
>The Beatles are mediocre
>>
>>61412157
>>61412167
it's true tho
>>
>>61412306
see>>61412167
>>
dude what you talking about fucking John Lennon is the best singer-songwriter of the genre of rock and roll, the format of writing that the Beatles used was a concise yet simple, along with John was Paul McCartney that was the second half of the Beatles sound, as John was writing Paul was the pen by which he wrote, that is both individual contributed greatly to the body of work that is the Beatles, also George Harrison as well, although not used as much he does induce and emanate a conveyance of the scales and lead notes and concordances, and of course Ringo is also the driving force of the band by that which is the rhythm of percussion, this is greatly affluent and bombastic snares and basses and unto them the complements of the cymbals by which is the key to understanding to equation of the band.
>>
>>61412127
he was only human except he knew how to put a front up for the cameras and its that front that has held up the most and its how people remember him.
When he died the story about his life became more embellished by his fans and it sorta became a fantasy.

Its almost the same thing with Steve Jobs. Revered by all as a genius and a pioneer when the reality was he was just another businessman who knew how to play the game well. Couldn't invent, stole most of his ideas for his company and was a horrible person.

Again like you said. Its their followers and fans to blame.
>>
File: PepperShoot.jpg (133 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
PepperShoot.jpg
133 KB, 630x420
there are so many esoteric exoteric precepts in this album cover its great
>>
>>61412127
Woman is the nigger of the world was actually a political statement but aside from that yea he wasn't that great
>>
>>61411966
Hero
No doubt about it
He was too good for this world
>>
>>61412334
>format of writing
well there's your problem
>>
>>61412456
man I miss being 15
>>
>>61412490
Fuck off cunt
>>
>>61412509
lmao
go listen to your happy go lucky pop songs
>>
>>61412546
kill yourself mate
i fucked your mom btw
she was a shitty lay though
>>
>>61411966
he dickwad desu senpai
>>
>>61412167
>>61412157
>>61412422
>>61412452
It's a pasta ya know
>>
The golden girls is the best tv show ever made
>>
>>61412546
>happy go lucky pop songs
You do know who John Lennon is, right? Have you heard I Am the Walrus?
>>
>>61412796
have you heard I Want To Hold Your Hand?
>>
>>61412955
I don't think anyone would claim he never wrote any, but to assume that's all he wrote? Ridiculous. He was instrumental in bringing in emotions and ideas to pop music totally opposite to that.
>>
>>61413156
Not the guy you are responding to but, George was a fucking hack, man. It's well documented that George and Paul had much more of an influence over the sound of the Beatles. John wrote the happier sounding songs because they were, frankly, a lot easier.
>>
>>61413228
Anything else? Everything you just said was wrong, by the way.
>>
>>61413243
Sorry to disappoint buddy but I'm not wrong. Got any counter-arguments or are you just gonna strawman?
>>
>>61413243
Stop responding he's trolling you
>>
>>61413294
Finally.
>>61413243 confirmed for being an autistic faggot
>>
>>61413361
>I was pretending to be retarded
>>
>>61411966
Who says he can't be both?
>>
File: 1442153851123.jpg (69 KB, 646x627) Image search: [Google]
1442153851123.jpg
69 KB, 646x627
>>61411966
ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
Assholes are the best artists eg. kanye west, roger waters, thom yorke, etc
>>
>>61411966
He's an asswipe, but an asswipe who is worshiped by many.

He's basically the Steve Jobs of music.
>>
>>61412167
It's a Tumblr pasta. The writer probably loves pop punk and emo.
>>
>>61411966

> John Lennon: asshole or hero? Discuss.

Four eyed fucking wankstain hippie.Took his chink bride with him to the shitter because he was afraid someone would take her away. Even though she was fucking Hilliary Clinton behind his back. So I guess 'Ol Speccy is also a cuck.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.