[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of Thank You Scientist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: RHOTK9HT.jpg (440 KB, 1125x1125) Image search: [Google]
RHOTK9HT.jpg
440 KB, 1125x1125
What does /mu/ think of Thank You Scientist?
>>
Pussified Mars Volta

cringey
>>
>>61411523
>Pussified Mars Volta

They sound nothing like TMV. Jazzy Coheed and Cambria would be a more accurate description.
>>
>>61411542
can the "it has a saxophone so it is jazz" meme die?
>>
I really like some of their instrumental stuff, but I really can't get into the vocals unfortunatly.
Suspicious Waveforms is a killer track though
>>
>>61411568
Maybe the fact that I'm a pretty big C&C fan is part of the reason I like them so much.

It's like they listened to Number City and said "Let's make a band based on this."
>>
>>61411560
I'm not saying its straight up jazz, but clearly there are jazz influences in it.
>>
I listened to that album only because the cover looked really cool, was highly disappointed at how awful it was. If The Mars Volta is the blink-182 of progressive rock, than Thank You Scientist is the Marianas Trench.
>>
>>61412008
>Implying Marianas Trench's first album wasn't absolute gold.

Shaketramp is one of the catchiest songs I've ever heard
>>
File: 1306263102590.jpg (29 KB, 574x435) Image search: [Google]
1306263102590.jpg
29 KB, 574x435
I like Coheed. Which kinda means I should like this, but I found it was SO derivative that I hated it. It's almost like they are a Coheed tribute band.
>>
>>61412375
>I like Coheed
You and I are the only ones left it seems like.

Anyways, upon further reflection, I realize a lot of the guitar riffs were really uninspired and whatnot. It has a lot of really standout moments in it, and the saxaphone does add a unique flare to it overall.

I did quite enjoy this album desu
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.