[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recording issues
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_1527.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1527.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
Evening guys,
I recently got some recording equipment for my drums to exacerbate the songwriting process with some friends of mine and I'm having a good deal of trouble making them sound normal. I have a PYLE PDKM7 mic kit and a PYLE 8-channel mixer. I'll post my setup. I'm currently running and RCA-3.5mm to my computer from my mixer and using reaper, but I'm getting absolutely terrible sound quality; I mean it sounds like my iphone. Phasing doesn't seem to be an issue, it just sounds really really bad and I'm looking for suggestions as to fix it. Thanks guys.
>>
File: IMG_1530.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1530.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>
>>61402290

>exacerbate
>>
File: IMG_1533.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1533.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>
File: IMG_1532.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1532.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>61402314
lol whoops that's not what I thought it meant. I meant speed up.
>>
Do you have an example of what it sounds like? You could start by gating the snare, tom and kick mics and adjusting those to get rid of some extraneous noise. Possibly a healthy EQing. In that room you could probably get away with overhead/snare/kick or even less.
>>
>>61402290
mic setup?
>>
>>61402354
>>61402334
>>61402317

Never mind, just realized the RCA part. I noticed all of your channel EQs are about the same and both the lows and highs are turned almost all the way down. Set these accordingly or all flat. I'm not sure what your setup needs but the gain stages coming out of your mixer need to be good as well.
>>
>>61402401
Will do
Whenever I try to set my amount of channels in Reaper to 6, which is the amount of mics I have plugged in, it only has sound in the first two channels and its horrible. Suggestions?
>>
are you being serious?
>>
>>61402354
I'll get that out in just a second
>>
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iuw8sprdjjeh4kl/01-151231_2212.wav?dl=0
>>
>>61402290
I have a similar ser up, but with less mics and a shittier mixer, but I use an audio interface before it goes to the computer.
>>
>>61402886
good luck with that...
>>
>>61402290
You should turn up the gain on the individual microphones such that your tape output is not driving as hard. Monitor on headphones to check for overdriving on individual mics, but those are dynamic vocal mics and can take a lot of gain. (if there is a headphone output on the thing; if not, try hooking up to the speaker output on the back)
>>
>>61402519

it looks like the mixer you're recording with is intended to be used with a PA system, the only output I see is the RCA and that's consumer line level, which means you're feeding a weak signal to Reaper. I've never used Reaper myself but it sounds like it's only getting the output of the RCA as opposed to six different channels, so that probably means it's L&R out from the mixer.

If you invest in a digital audio interface you can configure the channel strips in Reaper to record from specific mic inputs as opposed to using the RCA out as Reaper's input device.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.