[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are my ears memeing me or do I actually like grimes? never listened
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: grimes.jpg (104 KB, 972x600) Image search: [Google]
grimes.jpg
104 KB, 972x600
are my ears memeing me or do I actually like grimes? never listened to her until a few weeks ago when i downloaded art angels. I cant even tell what is real and what is a meme anymore
>>
File: grimes 6.png (297 KB, 640x361) Image search: [Google]
grimes 6.png
297 KB, 640x361
>>61396150
its not a meme. you like her. you know it to be true. dont let these hater tell you anything. she is love. she is life.
>>
>>61396150
Wuhlcum to Realimeme
>>
>>61396150
Art Angels is genuinely a great album. Quite possibly AOTY.
>>
Art Angels and Visions are masterpieces. She will carry on Bjork's legacy.
>>
Art Angels got an 88 on Metacritic, and topped many AOTY lists.

/mu/ is the only place I've seen people say anything negative about it (and even here, most of the haters are just being contrarian.)
>>
>>61396150
you fell for the meme art angels is some garbage
>>
>>61396219
shes actually pretty qt here
>>
>are my ears memeing me
i fucking hate /mu/
>>
File: 3428349.jpg (8 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
3428349.jpg
8 KB, 300x300
>all these niggas circlejerking over art angels and visions
>not realizing her TRUE masterpiece
lmao stay pleb
>>
this album is cringeworthy as fuck, I got secondhand embarassment the second I heard SCREAM
what the FUCK was she thinking
>>
>>61397872
She was having fun.

It's not our fault you can't relate to that.
>>
>>61397610
Why it's so hard to understand that many people ACTUALLY like it? It isn't a meme just because you don't like it.
>>
>>61398018
its a 6.5 for me honestly. A few songs are just awful
>>
Its ok to like Grimes. She makes some swell tunes.
>>
>>61398050
OK. At least you didn't play the objectivity card.
>>
>>61396150
She's good. She's an actual artist. Her music isn't good 100% but it's good most of the time. Don't be afraid. Embrace it.
>>
>>61398192
umm you cant be objective with music because its not an object. You cant even hold that shit
>>
>>61398050
>20/20 scoring system

This is even more cringeworthy than Grimes.
>>
>>61398699
>he thinks 'cringe' isn't a meme

I pray for you
>>
>>61396150
I've never listen her stuff before Art Angles besides like 2 songs of hers that are pretty popular. Would I like her pre-Art Angels albums if I really liked Art Angels?
>>
File: Grimes.jpg (227 KB, 675x900) Image search: [Google]
Grimes.jpg
227 KB, 675x900
>>61399019
Probably some select songs. Her work pre-Art Angels is more ambient pop/kinda new age. Check these tunes:

Oblivion
Genesis
Be a Body
Circumambient
Nightmusic
Symphonia IX (My Wait Is U)
Vowels = Space and Time
Crystal Ball
Vanessa
Intor / Flowers
Wereglid
Devon
>>
>>61397694
It's her hair. Claire is actually pretty cute, she just needs the curly flowing hair to go with her face
>>
>>61397839
I remember a few years ago listening to Halfaxa on new years eve alone in my room. It reminds me of isolation and hopelessness. I get a comfy but sad feeling listening to it.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.