[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
if you decided to focus on a single artist/group to worship and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: exhausted feel.jpg (17 KB, 400x449) Image search: [Google]
exhausted feel.jpg
17 KB, 400x449
if you decided to focus on a single artist/group to worship and study exclusively for the rest of your life, who would it be?
>>
Someone with a lot to study. So probably either David Bowie or Animal Collective
>>
Mike Patton
Trey Spruance
John Zorn

Probably Zorn
>>
David Bowie
>>
>>61394093
Animal Collective or The Residents
>>
Simon Jeffes
>>
>>61394093
Sigur Ros
>>
Bowie for sure
>>
Tom Fec

alternatively, Boards of Canada or Animal Collective.
>>
Bong
>>
File: grouper.jpg (181 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
grouper.jpg
181 KB, 480x640
>a single artist/group to worship and study exclusively for the rest of your life
tbphwy grouper was the first person that popped to mind
after some thought i've decided to stick with this choice
>>
>>61394257
yeah man that would be terrible
fortunately that's literally only one of her albums
>>
>>61394093
Sir Cliff Richard
>>
AnCo or Sufjan
>>
File: tired feels.jpg (80 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
tired feels.jpg
80 KB, 645x773
>tfw you can't answer this

i can't study anything
>>
File: SUNRA1.jpg (97 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
SUNRA1.jpg
97 KB, 960x960
I'm torn between playing it safe and naming a staple jazz artist with a large studio discography like John Coltrane or Django Reinhardt, or taking a risk with someone more experimental like Sun Ra. I feel like Sun Ra would be quite exciting to obsess over.
>>
The Beatles honestly

Their transition over time is interesting enough to delve into and there is enough popularity about them that you could interview a lot of people about them etc.

That being said this has already been done by a lot of people so probably not worth it
>>
Sparklehorse, Nirvana is a close second.
>>
>>61394093
Probably someone with a lot of work that I don't know anything about

Like some great composer since I don't know shit about classical music except that Fur Elise sounds cool
>>
>>61394093
Green Day
>>
File: phil-elverum.jpg (357 KB, 800x427) Image search: [Google]
phil-elverum.jpg
357 KB, 800x427
Probably Phil Elverum. He has a wide discography, other than just the Microphones and Mount Eerie albums, he also has D+ and some other old stuff. Also, it seems like he has a lot of time left to create new albums which would be nice.

>>61394220
This would be cool as well.
>>61394316
Sufjan would be a good pick.
>>
I'd go with Bob Dylan
>>
>>61394093
Janacek
Charlie Parker
Thelonious Monk
Schoenberg
Bach
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.