[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>My name's Kendrick Lemar, and I'm here to say >I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
>My name's Kendrick Lemar, and I'm here to say
>I've got some problems with the US of A
>It doesn't treat blacks right, and it's a real pity
>So here it is, the sequel to Good Kid, Mad City

Remind me again why this is AOTY?
>>
>>61389485

OP don't forget, music journalism is full of black "empowers" writes and white social justice warriors pseudo activists.
>>
>>61389485

The same reason why NPR Music (and every other music blog that used to run half decent content) consists almost entirely of articles about how great hip hop is written by SJW white girls.
>>
>>61389485
those aren't the lyrics to any track on there...
>>
>>61389697

No it's definitely somewhere near the start
>>
>>61389485
>My name's Kendrick Lamar
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>61389485
>Implying those lines doesn't contain some of the advanced rhyme structures in the game right now
>>
>>61390131
It means that when he was born and they asked his mum what his name will be she told them to just fuck his shit up.
>>
Max Roach's Percussion Bittersweet was unapologetically black without being exploitative in 196-seperate-hasn't-been-equal-for-seven-years -1 without saying a goddamn word, Kendrick.
>>
Music journalism has become more about the cultural context than he musical content!
>>
>>61390286

>Music journalism has become more about the cultural context than he musical content!

Strong RT, I name this /mu/ Phrase of the year.
>>
But he's right, and it's fair to have a problem with that.
>>
File: kendrick cutie.png (26 KB, 156x102) Image search: [Google]
kendrick cutie.png
26 KB, 156x102
>ive got a boner pic
>>
>I remember you was conflicted
>Your shoes and your influence
???
>>
>>61389485
Holy fuck i spilled all over me haha i'm dying thanks op
>>
File: sily.jpg (271 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
sily.jpg
271 KB, 1000x1000
>yo we're the avalanches
>and listen up you best do
>cause I haven't felt the same
>since the day I left you

can someone tell me why the fuck this album is so praised again?
>>
>we wuz kingz n shit we dindu nuffin
>so hol up my nigguh we kill all whitey

Wow
>>
>>61391414
not on this website it's not.
>>
>>61389485
Am I the only person who thinks this album is 6/10? I only see it getting called AotY, or shit, or /pol/ memers. It's an alright album but nothing special why is it so divisive?
>>
>>61391571
HE'S KEKOO IN THE COCONUT
>>
I'm at the point where I don't know if the people hating this album or calling it average are being contrarian, but for me it's a great album. Def AOTY.
>>
>>61391706
WAOT

I TYPED C U C K O O IN THE COCONUT
AND 4CHAN AUTOCORRECTED ME TO THIS MEME SHIT

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW
>>
File: 1438520984597.jpg (37 KB, 450x403) Image search: [Google]
1438520984597.jpg
37 KB, 450x403
>>61389538
>>61389635
>>61389697
>>61390286
>all these people missing the joke
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.