[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mountain Goats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 224x224) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 224x224
What are the best Mountain Goats albums?
>>
Tallahassee and All Hail West Texas, Coroner's Gambit is up there too
>>
All Hail West Texas in objectively the best

They're all really good tho
>>
>>61382652
I don't think any MG album is great overall but those two are the most consistent/have the fewest weak tracks
>>
>>61382924
I liked Sunset Tree, but I could relate to it on a very big level, so that's probably why.
>>
File: LSzwz.jpg (26 KB, 355x354) Image search: [Google]
LSzwz.jpg
26 KB, 355x354
>>61382534
This one.
>>
>>61383073
Yeah I really considered mentioning Sunset Tree in my post as being equivalent in quality to West Texas but I decided not to. However, I do love that album to death as well. There are a few of the tracks I can't entirely relate to, but I enjoy the feeling of them nonetheless.

Has anyone seen them play live? I went to a show of theirs early this year and I was blown away by the amount of energy that John puts off. I was concerned that I'd be sort of "late to the party" in the sense that they've been performing for decades and maybe they'd be underwhelming live, but holy shit no way. He had so many stories and fun little offbeat things to talk about, and they played tracks from nearly every album, it was great.
>>
>>61382534
Transcendental Youth is my favorite.
>>
>>61383290
I went to their show in Charlotte, NC and it was spectacular. John had so much energy on stage, and all of the fans in the front row knew all of the lyrics. We all sang a long, and it was such a comfy, intimate experience. 10/10
>>
>tfw grew up 30 minutes from the city where All Hail West Texas
>tfw saw John perform in a church in that city

Coolest show of my life. I have a signed CD for All Hail now
>>
>>61383421
Is West Texas really that good? I've listened to most of his stuff but not that one. Funny because I LIVE in West Texas.
>>
>>61383360
Tfw i met him on the streets before the show and he signed my copy of Wolf In White Van.
>>
>>61383360
Saw them in Knoxville. Wonderful experience.
>>
The Sunset Tree is probably my favorite. Mostly because it was my first taste of them and songs like Up The Wolves, This Year, and Dance Music hit really hard. I kind of have an emotional connection to that album now, and I love relistening to it.
>>
>>61383452
their best by a lot. the band didn't even really click for me until I heard that.
>>
>>61383323
I loved it, it's up there with The Sunset Tree for me
>>
>>61383982
>>61383323
same desu senpai
>>
I'm a sucker for All Hail West Texas. So sweet and nostalgic
>>
all hail west texas is my favorite

i'm not mad at beat the champ
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.