[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw too old to be a good violinist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: thomas.jpg (184 KB, 1481x1200) Image search: [Google]
thomas.jpg
184 KB, 1481x1200
>tfw too old to be a good violinist
>>
it's never too late
>>
>>61381363
if you didn't start practicing before the age of 8 or you are a prodigy, you will never do anything significant with your instrument
>>
>>61381363
violinist.com said that ~7 years old is the top age one can start violin and be good at it
>>
>parents don't care about you
>wasn't forced into learning any kind of instrument despite being shit at sports
>can only play guitar and terribly
>>
how old are you? Violin is hard as nails but it's doable as an adult. its just a matter of a lot of very deliberate and consistent practice (i.e. time, something children have an abudance of). A lot of reputable instructors won't accept adult students, though, and a competent teacher is essential to learning the instrument as an adult.
>>
File: 1372487189507.gif (177 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
1372487189507.gif
177 KB, 500x362
>>61381330
>tfw know this feel
>this video gives me slight hope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaugRxMz7tw
>>
>tfw still can't play piano
>tfw will never learn how to play the harp
>>
>>61381586
>how old are you?
I started when I was 20, but stopped lessons because college. I started again two years ago.

>>61381611
I watched that video. The girl is good, but she isn't playing anything relatively complex.

>this video depresses me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4cg2IYHkfI
>>
>>61381611
WTF I was just thinking about this scene as I was driving home today. Never seen it in GIF form before. kek
>>
>>61381663
>she isn't playing anything relatively complex.

tfw you will NEVER be able to play this piece in your life
>or date a qt virtuoso violinist

skip to 1:05:00
https://youtu.be/kG8GR1msPpo?t=1h5m
>>
>>61381663
What kind of repertoire are you playing? Also you should never get down about what 6 year old kids are doing. Are you ever going to play violin professionally? Almost definitely no. But in all honesty that little girl likely won't either. The purpose in lifelong study of the violin or any instrument is to enjoy playing and the beauty of the repertoire. If you ever have kids, that's an important thing to share with them.
>>
>>61381812
Currently trying to finish Suzuki Book 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_EY6xwYRjU
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 214x267) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 214x267
>>61381330
>tfw wasn't interested in music when I was younger
>tfw I started playing bass at 13
>tfw will never be virtuoso or do anything significant on the instrument
>>
>>61381863
Any etude work? Wohlfahrt and Sevçik studies are really important around that level. Especially Sevçik when it comes to building competency in the left hand
>>
Will going through Suzuki for guitar help me understand The Real Book then begin to make good music of my own?
>>
>>61382203
The real book isn't really that useful for writing your own music imo, you'd be better off just learning basic harmony from a textbook and moving on to jazz theory if you're interested in it
>>
>>61382480
>implying anyone actually writes music anymore
>>
>>61382166
I've been using Sevcik violin technics and bowing technique. I also have Hans Sitt lying around somewhere.

I'll check Wohlfahrt.
Thanks.
>>
>>61381390
>>61381399
look at these lazy pussies
>>
>>61383126
they're right though
>>
>>61381875

>started at 13
>bass

you just didn't play enough then bass is one of the most likely to be best at type of instruments.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.