[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who influenced swans?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: swans.jpg (342 KB, 980x980) Image search: [Google]
swans.jpg
342 KB, 980x980
Who influenced swans?
>>
glenn branca
>>
>>61379263
Glenn Branca
>>
Death Grips
>>
Satanic society aka Illuminati
>>
butthole surfers
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNXVetxb4I8&t=6m16s
from the mouth of the man himself
>>
Popol Vuh, The Stooges, Glenn Branca, early Pink Floyd
>>
>>61379263
insert expected shitty meme here
>>
Young Urban Perverts from Finland
>>
Tom Waits
Suicide
Public Image Ltd.
Cabaret Voltaire
Throbbing Gristle
James Chance & The Contortions
Iggy & the Stooges
Leonard Cohen
Wire
Glenn Branca
Teenage Jesus & the Jerks
Joy Division
DNA
>>
>>61379644
And The Beatles of course!
>>
this heat
>>
me
>>
Early pink floyd, careful with that axe eugene and shit bruh
>>
No wave stuff and also Taxi Driver
>>
GOD
>>
Slint influenced Swans's newer albums
>>
>>61379263

I finally am getting into these guys. What album should I listen to after To Be Kind
>>
>Here's some of the music that I enjoyed during the time of Swans: Throbbing Gristle, Psychic TV, The Stooges, Brian Eno, Teenage Jesus And The Jerks, DNA, The Contortions, Glenn Branca, Black Flag, early Pink Floyd, This Heat, Kraftwerk, Herman Nitsch, Cabaret Voltaire, Can, Public Image LTD., SPK, Ennio Morricone, Leonard Cohen, Nick Drake, and always, always Bob Dylan and The Beatles...ha ha! I'm sure there's 100s more, but who cares and I can't remember anyway... - Michael Gira / Young God Records 2008

check the damn website
>>
LSD and forced buttsecks
>>
>>61381871
If you like To Be Kind listen to The Seer and Soundtracks for the blind, if you dont like To Be Kind (pleb) listen to Swans's early albums like Public Castration is a good idea.
>>
>>61381932

Thanks. Im loving To Be Kind. Its kind of a daunting task to start going through the catalogue of a band that's as varied and obtuse as this
>>
File: flow.jpg (804 KB, 2437x1448) Image search: [Google]
flow.jpg
804 KB, 2437x1448
>>61381981
>>
>>61382128

ok but should I listen to any Jarboe solo stuff
>>
>>61379383
This is a fantastic interview, damn
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.