[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LCD Soundsystem Will Headline Coachella 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8
>http://www.spin.com/2015/12/lcd-soundsystem-coachella-2016-indio/
HOLY FUCKING SHIT
IT'S HAPPENING
>>
>>61378934
bump
>>
File: 1445562914588.jpg (66 KB, 339x589) Image search: [Google]
1445562914588.jpg
66 KB, 339x589
They made a movie, fuck that
>>
>>61378934
Ooh, I am hyped
>>
>>61378934
Don't you mean this is happening?
>>
>>61379847
this t b h h h h h h h hh kjhkj hjkgh ukjhfg jktgik fuck
>>
manlets
>>
exploitative greedy cunt
>>
>>61382129
r-rude desu
>>
wow, a lame ass middle aged white guy. how awesome
>>
they're playing Bonnaroo too
>>
>>61383152
ageist scum
>>
Why
>>
I love LCD, and I will do everything I can to see them if they are close, but I'm kind of disappointed to hear this

The movie that put me in tears, all the farewell stuff, even their own record label denying them coming back, and yet here we are.

I am not mad at James, but kind of disappointed

That being said I don't know what it means to be a professional musician so I don't know how it feels to just quit like he did
>>
File: image.png (90 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
image.png
90 KB, 320x287
>overrated as shit band reuniting to headline bro festival

Meh who cares
>>
File: SleepyPepeMeme.png (82 KB, 249x239) Image search: [Google]
SleepyPepeMeme.png
82 KB, 249x239
How you want your legacy and self-respect as an artist, familia?
>>
>>61384439
5 years ago they said that if, in 5 years, they felt like doing shows again, they would do it.

5 years later they're doing it and people are sperging out over it.

bands have been taking breaks, breaking up, reuniting, having farewell tours then coming back, forever. jesus.
>>
>>61383160

Wait, is this confirmed? I'm doing 'roo again this year. Fuck, I hope it's true.
>>
>>61385578
so that immediately justifies that shit?
that's too cynical even for me
>>
>>61387105

They literally said they would do it again if they felt like it. I guess they feel like it. What needs to be justified?
>>
This is happening.
>>
Even LCD/SS can't make Jokechella cool again.
>>
If they come to Roskilde, then I'm fucking psyched. Would absolutely love to see them live
>>
£CD $OUND$¥ST€M
>>
>>61383152
Go away, tumblr.
>>
why can't bands just fucking DIE and stay dead
>>
>>61378934
>announce band is "breaking up"
>announce "final show" at MSG
>add more dates to "farewell" tour
>make fans believe they are experiencing something special
>release five-LP box set called "the long goodbye," charge fans out the ass for all of the above
>a mere five(5) years later, announce a "reunion," headlining chode-chella and other big money festivals
>their adoring fans lap it up and suck their dicks all the way to the bank

You couldnt script anything more plastic and pathetic than this contrived moneygrab.
>>
All the whiners in this thread are like "boo! This means other people will have seen LCD Soundsystem, and my indie cred will be destroyed!"

Stop complaining, bitches. It's the band's decision to play again, and if you don't like it don't go see it. Whiners.
>>
>>61388377
Bands break up and get together all the time.
You're really stretching to fit things into your narrative.
>>
>>61388423
I stated pure facts. Nothing in my post was a stretch.

Bands do break up and get back together all the time. The majority of them don't go to the lengths LCD SS did to monetize it and then reunite just a few years later. And when they do, they deserve to be called out on it.
>>
>>61388463
James said they might get back together in five years right after he announced the breakup. That was 2010.
>>
>>61388463
Oh, so you're the "How dare these artists try to actually make money from their work" guy, not the "muh indie cried" guy.

You're still an idiot. One: nobody put a gun to your head and made you buy tickets, or the DVD, or the 5 LP set. The artist must get paid, and since nobody buys music, and steaming pays fractions of a cent, any smart artist will monetize the shit out of their product as best they can. It's how you survive to make more art.
>>
>>61388570
Monetizing your product is different from monetizing your breakup. If you can't see why the latter deserves scrutiny when a "reunion" occurs in the same length of time some bands take between albums, then you are just a dense cocksucking LCD SS cuckboy.
>>
>>61388619
It's all the product, man. Welcome to the 21st Century.
>>
>>61388568
Oh, well that makes the "farewell" tour, the "final" show, and the "goodbye" boxset all good then. As long as Murphy threw that little asterisk out there for you faggots that makes it ok?
>>
>>61388645
Yes.

And it would be okay, even if he didn't. Because it's his decision, not yours.
>>
>>61388667
Where did I ever suggest this is my decision?

Are musicians beyond reproach for anything they do because it's their decision?" That's an awfully convenient way to get out having to discuss anything.
>>
>>61388704
Getting the band back together, whatever the reason, is not worth you complaining about. What is James doing wrong, besides hurting your feelings 'cause you were naive enough to think that a band breaking up was a permanent thing—EVEN THOUGH HE LEFT THE OPTION OPEN. Are you worried your fucking LCD Soundsystem 5 LP set is going to sell for half the price on eBay now? Jeez, man. You act like he shat in your cornflakes.

It's a chance for some people to see LCD live, who may not have had it before. You can be happy for them, or you can piss and moan like a little baby who had his toy taken away. Of, more accurately, who saw another baby playing with the same toy.
>>
>>61388765
whats wrong with moaning like a baby?
>>
>>61388765
Kek. I didnt go to the shows or buy the boxset. I'm just pointing out that the entire thing looks like a big moneygrab rather than some authentic breakup and reunion. I'm also pointing out that the fans who lap this shit up are retarded.

Youre the one projecting all this "indie street cred" nonsense. Wonder why that is?
>>
Never heard of them. Are they good?
>>
>>61388831
Neither did I. But even if I did, I wouldn't worry about it, because HEY! Another chance to see one of my favorite bands, and another chance for other people to see one of my favorite bands.

Are they doing it for the money? We don't know, but even if they are, that's FINE, because I get a chance to see LCD. As long as they don't phone in the shows, and I doubt they will having seen some of the LCD-related bands in concert, it'll be worth it. And if James gets to roll around in a bed covered in money because of it, well, he worked for it and earned it.
>>
>>61388878
>>61388878
holy shit you're such a cuck its not even funny. i hope you're a girl
>>
>>61378934
Didnt they retire?
>>
>>61388831
Oh, as for "indie cried", you're the dipshit dropping words like "authenticity" around. Think about it.
>>
>>61388284
stop posting her please
>>
>>61388878
You didnt have to tell anyone you're a fan, it's painfully obvious.

>he worked for it and earned it
Say that all you want about his albums and shows, but the "farewell" bullshit wasnt worked for or earned at all.
>>
>>61388905
Don't knock cucking until you've tried it, baby. It's pretty fucking hot watching your partner get fucked. Though I'm more into three-ways: me, another dude, and my lady. Getting it in the ass while you fuck a girl? Super hot.

Don't see what this has to do with LCD Soundsystem, though.
>>
>>61388921
I meant it in the literal way, meaning "true" as opposed to false, not the hipster faggot way. You on the other hand...
>>
File: 175.jpg (17 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
175.jpg
17 KB, 300x100
>>61388957
>>
>>61388956
What, playing six live shows back to back isn't working? Come on, dude. Even the shittiest musicians are actually working on stage.
>>
>>61388985
It's work. But the only reason they filled MSG at the price they did was because he announced the breakup and said it was their last show. Do you really not fucking understand this?

Do you really not get that announcing a breakup, having a farewell tour, and selling a goodbye boxset nets you more money than just playing regular shows and sellinf your albums? Or are you just trying to equate the two because youre such a fucking cuck fanboy that you literally cant admit that James Murphy is probably a lying greedy faggot?
>>
>>61389046
So you really were naive enough to believe it was the final show. Now who's the "cuck"?

Also, seriously, find a better insult.
>>
>>61389131
Cuck detected
>>
>>61388199
kek
>>
>>61388377
>Band naturally comes to an end, nothing new to do
>Give a final send off to celebrate the bant
>Tickets get touted hardcore, add a few dates to let more people see it
>Fans have a fun time with an absurdly long concert to celebrate a band
>Fans want the record to spin and an official mastered release
>Decide to play more
>Fans who missed them before will want to see them again
At best you're a cynic, at worst an idiot.
>>
>>61378934
I'm genuinely excited, and I'm looking at tickets now. I never got the chance to see them live so this will be pretty cool, as they're one of my favorite bands. I don't know if any of the people freaking out over them reuniting even care about the band or their music, that seems like a pretty stupid detail to nitpick about and a real fan of the music would just be happy that they're going to play more music, and possibly record more.

Then again, James is my husbando, so he can do whatever he wants and I'll be happy.
>>
holding out hope they headline reading/leeds or something
>>
>>61389965
>>61388878
Nice samefag
>>
File: image.png (179 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
179 KB, 750x1334
>>61390316
Why are you such an angry faggot just because a band is getting back together? Did somebody shit in your oatmeal?
>>
>>61388853
Yeah
>>
Hope they do some non-festival shows.
>>
>>61388377
>add more dates to "farewell" tour

I'm assuming you're referring to the fact that James found out most of the final concert tickets were held by scalpers, so he got pissed and held a bunch of free "rehearsals" that were really just concerts so everyone who actually liked the band could see them play for free. Because whether or not you like their music that was based as fuck.
>>
>>61387067
Not confirmed, but Alex from CoS implied it on a reddit thread. Considering they were the ones to first report on the reunion and stick by it, the implication holds some weight.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.