[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /mu/ hate twenty one pilots so much? They're undeniably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 400x562) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 400x562
Why does /mu/ hate twenty one pilots so much?

They're undeniably one of the best acts in the past years, very authentic, original and just true art and great musicality, two passionate dudes pouring their hearts out. If it's because of the teenage fangirls that like them just don't read the youtube comments like I do. In fact why must you all start disliking an artist or band when you discover you don't like their fanbase? The music is all that matters.
>>
they lazily produce some white boy hip hop beats and then lazily mumble some emo lyrics over the top. what's to like?
>>
>>61374619
wow nice thread dude
wow this is great
wow very nice
>>
>>61374644
LOL if you think it's that easy I dare you to try, and also it's not just hip hop. It's also electronic, pop, rock, some dubstep, and rap in one with lyrics that actually have MEANING, what's there not to like?

>>61374693
Fuck off?
>>
File: xGt05wB.png (181 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
xGt05wB.png
181 KB, 600x600
>>61374804
>>
>>61374804
This is why people don't like them, they produce incredibly boring music but for some reason their fans are convinced that they're some kind of great musical prodigy act that's real producing original music
>>
>>61374945
I'm not trolling though, should I feel bad? I just want to understand the hate from this place
>>
This is bait right?

I've always given them the benefit of the doubt and think they're talented and their first two albums had a lot of potential even if they weren't really great

The last album fucking sucked tho
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM_OMmWyBn0
>undeniably one of the best acts in the past years, very authentic, original and just true art and great musicality, two passionate dudes pouring their hearts out
yeah okay
>>
my friends gf likes death grips and twenty one pilots
>>
>>61375067
Two of the most insufferable fanbases but not terrible artists

But death grips is still much better
>>
>>61375039
Why the fuck is the drummer so fucking sweaty, he's playing amateur shit
>>
>>61375157
because he is weak
>>
>>61374619
Because they sound so fucking annoying and terrible
>>
I've seen them live twice because my buddy loves them. They have great energy and stage presence, but their music is unbelievably horrible. It's the kind of shit that high school girls like.
>>
LOL op please explain why they are so great musically
please
>>
>>61375039
Why does their vocalist sound like he's forcing out every word at the end of his breath?
>>
>>61375039
HOOOOLLLYYY SSSHHHIITTTT

Op here, i never heard that song before, thank you for proving my point. That was great it almost brought a tear to my eye
>>
I've never actually listened to them before and I just watched like three videos and you can tell the drummer is someone who thinks Travis Barker is the best drummer ever and does Soulja Boy drum covers in his garage while the singer freestyles over them.
>>
>>61374619
i've never heard them in my life

i have no opinion about them

i have a thousand albums i'm legitimately interested in listening to based on genre and/or relation to other bands/musicians i'm interested in

i don't have time for this

i don't have time for you

why did you summon me
>>
>>61375250
Becausd of their eclectic use of instrumentation (no one track sounds the same/has same instruments) and the singer's great sense of melody while sining (like Kurt Cobain level) and his ability to really convey the emotion inthe tone of his vooce, plus he can rap really well which is amazing he can do both, their piano playing is always catchy and just melodically great, not mozart level, but it just works and it's great. You can't argue with my points otherwise you're just not a fan of music and like hating on teen fangirls for the heck of it. JUST LISTEN TO THEM and make up your own mind.

>>61375256
What do you mean?
Passion, ever heard of it?
>>
>>61375488
>eclectic use of instrumentation
So what instruments do they all employ? How do they arrange them?
What makes the piano playing catchy?
>>
I'm convinced all these reddit-tier threads we've had in the last few days are thanks to the Lemmy sticky.
>>
>>61375532
Many different synths, guitars, pianos, bass sounds, drums, electronic effects, etc
They arrange them in a way where they dont take upbtoo much space while still providing great unique atmospheres for the lead singer and the lead melody to sit in.

The piano playing is catchy because theyre played in C major and using triad chord progression with disco-like melody runs on top.

Want me to go on? I can go on like this for all day dude truth to the matter is theyre one of the greats of our generation and their level of mainstream success doesnt detract from their credibility, theyre the modern day Beatles, if you will.
>>
>>61375611
your life is reddit tier
gtfo my thread
>>
>>61375039
I had never listened to this band but heard them mentioned everywhere.

It's like a shitty early Fun and late Foxy Shazam ripoff.
>>
>>61375698
be honest OP, please

how old are you?
>>
>>61375921
23, why?
>>
>>61375488
>>61375698

Whatever anyone says, OP actually expanded on his argument by explaining why he thinks the music's good

I don't like the band all that much but it's up to the shittalkers in this thread to tell OP why he's wrong about the music being good
>>
>>61375990
Oh.

You sounded like a teenager eager to share your new relatively-unknown favorite, which would have been fine.

Now being 23 and defending this generic band with claws and teeth, well...
I'd recommend you to listen to more music.
>>
>>61376089
Thanks for being a voice of reason around here anon, appreciate it & hope you have a blast on NYE

>>61376123
I'll admit im exeggerating a bit to get my point across and for the hell of it. I do genuinely think they're great though and I want to hear good reasons for why they get the hate they get around here. Because to be honest so far it seems to be only because they're popular with teenage girls, which is a retarded reason to hate them because so were Nirvana and the Beatles at their time. Feel me?
>>
>>61374983
pretty much this. it isn't even like they are the worst band of all time or anything, they even have some okay stuff in my opinion. but they definitely aren't doing anything that is really all that original or special yet their fans seem to think they are revolutionizing music as we know it.
>>
>>61376212
Well the music is not that good really. They're by no means bad, but their compositions are mediocre at best. They try to catter to a wide range of genres but fall short on all of them, giving you generic pieces of each. They are indeed catchy, but making catchy music is more a formula than art.

However, they do have a lot of energy and stage present, which qualify as a very different sort of talent, and that's probably the reason they're so big now.

Personally I don't care about them, but I guess people hate them because they're sick of mediocre music getting so big and overshadowing better artists.
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 640x960
>>61376239
It's because they're so emotionally involves into the music. Because that's what music's for - to be influenced emotionally. They're extremely influential and just make great music that works. They do not need to reinvent the wheel of music, "revolutionize as you say, and experiment like crazy scientists because that rarely works and you know it.
>>
>>61375441
This is the worst type of drummer
>>
>>61376212
>which is a retarded reason to hate them because so were Nirvana and the Beatles at their time. Feel me?
I have bad news for you.
>>
>>61376089
get out of here OP
>>
>>61376428
What? Bring it to me straight.
>>
>>61376212
Dude Nirvana and The Beatles were the biggest bands of their time and still remain influential to this day
>>
>>61376361
Wow I actually see your point to be honest, I must agree with you. My fanboy goggles are starting to fade and the aspect I fell in love with was watching their live performances in video more than their actual songs (not trolling here, thanks for your insightful answer without being a douche about it)
>>
>>61376485
Dude that wasnt even the point I was getting across though? Read: fan -girls-
>>
>>61376530
Sure man, always good to have a proper talk. I'm off, have a good NYE!
>>
>>61374619

>undeniably

Wow, they don't make only shit music, they also have a shitty fanbase. I guess you learn something new everyday.
>>
>>61376672
Delete this post.
>>
>>61374619

What's your opinion on Cecil Taylor's 'Unit Structures'?
>>
>>61376732

No, you delete your post.
>>
>>61376771
u first
>>
>>61376828

no u
>>
>>61375256
Because he's probably never done vocal exercises in his life and is straining his voice.
>>
>>61374619
I don't agree with everything fantano says and I hate regurgitating his opinions like this but I think he hit the nail on the head in this video

https://youtu.be/LO9MLBfOb9c
>>
File: 1359626789512.jpg (79 KB, 449x758) Image search: [Google]
1359626789512.jpg
79 KB, 449x758
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXRviuL6vMY

The whole "my name is blurry face and i care what you think" is some of the cringiest shit i've heard this year. And then the "sometimes a certain smell would take me back to when i was young" is some straight up marcel proust for edgy teenagers.

The fact that this song gets constant airplay on my city's "alt rock" station just makes it worse
>>
>>61377164
Not to mention drummers ugly as fuck man
>>
>>61375488
It's predictable and bland. They're not really original, they make really simple one-sided music. I mean >>61375039 its just the same chord progression throughout the song, this could work wonderfully if the melody lines weren't so dull. The arrangements aren't eclectic in any sense of the word. they're just simple. You say the piano "works and it's great", in the video it is literally just playing triads on a loop, that's not great, that's lazy, It doesn't have to be "mozart level" to be good, but it could at least have a variation in volume, speed or longetivity of the notes.

This is all based on this>>61375039 video and a few of their singles I have heard. It's just a new Blink 182
>>
>>61377164
Fucking christ on rollerskates, if that's the way they dress then they belong on a cross, not to mention that the song is one giant, cringey, autistic nostalgiaboner circlejerk.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.