[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skinhead Oi!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
>tfw nobody talks about skinhead Oi! anymore

Sometimes I just wonder if Oi!'s working class pride message, aggression and alpha-ness will just always be lost on the average /mu/tant.

A shame because most of you are missing out on quality stuff.
>>
File: MI0001981796.jpg (46 KB, 400x395) Image search: [Google]
MI0001981796.jpg
46 KB, 400x395
I grew up listening to Oi. Love this shit. Fav album is pic related.
>>
I used to listen to Oi! when I was younger. to be honest its a boring music genre. All the songs are three power chords, and even most of the bands copy each other's melodies / power chords.

Example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX0UI6eOlnY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCHKlEFQ2uo
>>
>>61368874
I always felt it was more of a live thing. It makes for really good drinking and party music.
>>
>>61368942

Can't disagree with that. It's not a simple music that you listen into your headphones while lying into your bed. It's more of an expression of the lower / working class people.

Video related, one of my favorite punk / Oi! bands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_XKRkVLeJc
>>
I love the band te blood, thier album false gestures for a devious public os great!
The opressed, peter and the test tube babies, the crack, last resort, infa riot, cock sparrer amd of course cockney rejects are all good too,
Blitz is legendary tier, a must listen!
Never surrender /razors in tge night
American and later oi just really fails in comparison
>>
>>61369245
>american oi fails
But the Bruisers and Templars.
>>
>>61369368
Well yeah, the Templars are a great example of American oi, its just they are the only ones
Sorry, ive not heard of bruisers
Also id like to add that i love major accident
>>
>>61369454
You should check out Cruisin for a Bruisin. I'd link it but I'm on mobile.

First Dropkick album is also top tier US Oi.
>>
>>61368767
OP everyone knows what it is. you are not special. it's prime era has passed so any scene with it is just dress up. the music is fine though
>>
>>61368767
Hi ya. I know a guy that does a book on it, I'm dying to get a copy, I can't believe I missed all that exciting stuff by 10 years of birth.
>>
>>61369245
>American and later oi just really fails in comparison
You've obviously never heard of New Glory.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.