[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Music to play at a party
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
I'm tired of just hearing top 40 at parties, what is some legitimately good dance music that most people would like (anyone got a good playlist?)
>inb4 high school
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv0A-axCV7w
>>
be serious
do you think people who go to parties belong on this board
>>
>>61362226
Don't play LCD around normies, they won't like it, believe me, I've tried
>>
>>61362226
Mirage of People
pryda vs Empire of the Sun
>>
>>61362260
OP here, I've been on this board for quite awhile now and have partied just about every weekend since starting uni
>>61362316
I know
>>
merzbow
>>
I play Lusine, Starfucker, Allah-Las, Mac DeMarco and Jagwar MA when I get the aux chord and I don't know anyone. And sometimes vaporwave.
>>
>>61362226
>>61362316

LCD is for normies though lmfaoooo
>>
>>61362226
Bro, don't bother trying to play anything other than top 40 for normies. You may think long and hard and labor over creating a playlist that you think will have normie appeal but trust me when I say all they can stomach is top 40. They NEED to be familiar with the music in order to enjoy it. They NEED a stamp of approval on it prior to listening to it. There's no way around it. Save yourself the embarrassment.
>>
I couldn't imagine dancing to anything other than top forty

Also unrelated but I'm autist and have never been to a "party" and I really don't understand the appeal of them can someone explain
>>
>>61362316
what kind of fuckhead doesn't like LCD
>>
>>61362226
reddit: the post
>>
If you want to play your own music at a party, host one. I've had parties where I've played shit like Black Tambourine, Nick Cave, MBV, etc. and nobody seemed to mind. If that doesn't work you should get better friends
>>
>>61364478
>oh fuck I can't relate
>haha this will show them how pleb they are and how cool and edgy I am
>>
>>61362226
the rapture
mgmt
new order
all normie approved imho
also, some of the newer grimes songs are literally dj sammy tier pop so they might like it
>>
>>61364492
Wat
>>
house
techno
jungle
disco
funk

I don't know, man
>>
La Roux (Technically top 40 but no one gives a shit about her anymore)

Some Gorillaz tracks definitely

Pretty much any chvrches track except for lies

Panic station - /mu/se

Pretty much any song from the first AM album except for riot van (also technically top 40 but it's been like 10 years)
Loud Pipes, Pursuit of Happiness or Cream on Chrome by Ratatat
Flim - Aphex twin goes down surprisingly well, just don't spam IDM
Normie rock tracks like the Pretender, Seven Nation Army, R U mine, Teen Spirit, Song 2 are surprisingly popular.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.