[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Spotify?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: unnamed.png (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
17 KB, 300x300
Thoughts on Spotify?
>>
File: 1430190800877.jpg (79 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1430190800877.jpg
79 KB, 2000x1000
It's coo
>>
I use it as a regular music player. I've been abusing the 3 months for a dollar promo they always have for a year now, and I still got a couple cards from senpaitachi I haven't used.
I'm not sure I would pay normal price for it, I think I'd rather go to Apple Music since the music selection is better and the playlists make it easy to discover new music, but at 1$ for 3 months it just can't be beat.
>>
It fucking sucks if you don't have premium.
>>
>>61359787
Never bothered to look into it. I just keep a bunch of music on my phone with a 128gb card and I mostly play music on it over bluetooth headphones or speakers when I'm out of the house.
>>
>>61359787
i got the student discount, which is 5 bucks instead of ten, pretty good, and I always get my moneys worth cause i dont like to just pirate, and If I really want to support the band I buy an lp or see a show
>discover weekly is a decent service
>>
>>61360453
how do you get the student discount?
>>
>>61360520
https://www.spotify.com/us/student/
>>
>>61359787
Its great for consumers, evil for musicians. I still use it like crazy though. I love the year in review feature where you can see your stats. How come Spotify doesn't just keep that on the app itself 24/7 so you can keep track of your music taste and consumption like a musical fit bit?
>>
>>61360776

> evil for musicians

Maybe, maybe not.

My purchases have increased three fold just because I'm finding new music on Spotify and the sound quality is almost trash.
>>
>>61359787
gud
>>
Good, but could be great. Desktop app needs a revamp.
>>
it's okay. i use it on my pc at work.
>>
Liked it free, liked it ad free, hated it as time went on.

Android's app is so behind on what you can even do on Google Music Player.
Playlist selections are usually trash compared to Apple Music.
The app is slow majority of times, relying on downloading the albums opposed to streaming on the fly.
>>
File: Screenshot_20151230-184249.png (866 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151230-184249.png
866 KB, 1080x1920
>implying there's not a better service around
>>
>>61361809
FOR YOU
>>
I used it for a while, but since it had blindspots I switched to Google Music so I can upload any album it doesn't have streaming.
>>
>>61360010
Are u so fucking lazy that I'd rather give labels money than pirate u aren't supporting the artist ur just a shithead
>>
>>61361809
>no new friends
Trash song you fucking pleb
>>
>>61363205
Underrated post
>>
Got a free premium account through working at starbucks, so of course it's A+ for me.
>>
It's good if you have ad-block. Good selection.

It sucks if you don't have ad-block and/or listen with a mobile device.
>>
I would like to remind you that on onhax.com or something like that there is a patched version without ads and with no obligatory shuffle
>>
The music selection isn't too bad at all, they have almost everything I've ever desider to listen to.
>>
File: 1422594695851.jpg (458 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1422594695851.jpg
458 KB, 1920x1080
>>61361809
>DJ Khaled
You smart
>>
>>61359787
it's alright but Jesus it could be more like Rdio in terms of UX and UI, aslo a music locker is a must, when something is not on Spotify you should be able to add it yourself to listen to.
>>
>>61363700
Nice virus dude! :)
>>
>>61366056
Keep on riding, YOU SMART!
>>
>>61366056
YOU LOYAL
O
U

L
O
Y
A
L
>>
>>61359787
Sound quality is often shit
Not good enough selection
Shitty pleb music recommended to you as soon as you open app
Might as well continue pirating since artists dont get shit if you use spotify
>>
>>61366208
It actually works perfectly
>>
it's okay but very incomplete
>>
It's convenient, it's great. Not much to complain about. Used to be a chore to find the "explicit" version of rap albums rather than the clean, but they seemed to have fixed that. They have most music, wish they had Will Oldham, but oh well. I used the Apple Music trial like 2 times and the interface was a clusterfuck so i didnt reup.
>>
>>61368289
I want to amend this to agree with

>>61361649

I use mobile 95% of the time. Maybe it's because my RAM sucks but the desktop app is super slow for me.
>>
>>61368325
The desktop app works great for me. I listen to music on my laptop most of the time and I'd much rather have the Spotify desktop app than clunky ass iTunes even though Apple Music has a larger library and is much smoother to use on the iPhone.

If iTunes was redone from scratch and was designed as well as the Spotify app, I'd probably make the switch.
>>
Shit if you don't have premium (I do)
I've been using it for like 6 years now, i'd switch but I have too much music on here. Trying to buy all my favorite albums on Vinyl and switch over to Apple music.
>>
>>61368461
>I'd much rather have the Spotify desktop app than clunky ass iTunes

Agreed. I think I have some kinda unique problem w this dying machine, but when it works, it's much better than iTunes.
>>
It's convenient, especially on mobile. My 3 month subscription for 1 dollar is about to expire and I don't think I'll keep it, it's just too incomplete and pricey considering what they pay for copyright.
Id like to try apple but im a hopeless android fag
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.