[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Show me one lyric in this album that insults or threatens white
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
Show me one lyric in this album that insults or threatens white people.
Pro tip: You can't.
>>
>album cover is a pack of rabid black dudes standing over a white man's corpse
>"y-you can't prove it's anti-white!"

you smart
>>
>>61358405
It's a parody of an old picture of a bunch of whites smiling over a black man's burning corpse. It's not meant to be taken seriously in any way.

The album is not anti-white. You're retarded.
>>
File: image.gif (989 KB, 556x242) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
989 KB, 556x242
>>61358405
No but you're sounding very anti-black. Hm.
>>
>>61358430
This

The album is actually really critical of black culture, but offsets the critique with pride and hope.

I don't think it's a really great album but it does seem like people are only threatened by it because the lyrics seriously do address politics and identity from a black american's perspective. It's not that it's "not for" white people, but it does require you to not be so distanced from black culture that you can't see what's ironic and what's sincere.

I like this album but it wasn't perfect. Mortal Man was fucking garbage tbqh
>>
>>61358367
>I fucking hate you [crakkka] hope you embrace it, i swear
>>
>>61358405
But that's Obama
>>
>>61358549
thats a judge. kendrick said it in an interview.
>>
>>61358430
Parodying something that was violent and divisive with something equally violent and divisive. Nice.
>>
>>61358524
>not realizing "u" is talking about himself from an objective/pessimistic/critical standpoint in contrast to the optimistic and self-loving praise in "i"
Idiot. Kendrick is known for encompassing multiple points of view.
>>
>>61358367
my wife's son is half black and loves this album. it's good for him to have a positive role model like kendrick
>>
I'VE GOT A BONE TO PICK
>>
>>61358580
Well I guess I should get my eyes checked or something, though I never really looked at it up close
>>
>tfw Scoolboy Q can be more militant by eating another in & out burger

Kendrick is too tryhard.
>>
>>61358513
Even if you didn't like the outro (I personally did but it's a little weird), do you not like the actual song? Imo it might be the best song on the album
>>
>>61358587
Except this time it's not real and is meant to be ironic
>>
I'm not white but I really don't understand why a lot of middle class white people are so vehemently advocating for the rights of colored despite the fact that most of them are extremely far removed from those kinds of people. Most of the kids I knew who know post preachy "progressive" crap on FB literally never, ever hung out with anyone who wasn't white or wasn't a model minority and they always seemed visibly uncomfortable around around people who weren't white washed

I just can't understand why you'd bend over backwards for a group of people who have nothing to do with you
>>
File: laughing cat.png (220 KB, 308x398) Image search: [Google]
laughing cat.png
220 KB, 308x398
>>61358601
>>
>>61358697
It's quite simple.

They want to look cool.
>>
>>61358587
Equally? The dude has goddamn X's over his eyes.
>>
>>61358405
>white man's corpse
Isn't that Obama? That's Obama on the cover, not a white dude.
>>
>>61358697

That's called empathy.
>>
File: hur.png (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
hur.png
10 KB, 300x300
>>61358783
Holy shit, the whole time I thought it was Obama.
>>
>>61358697
It makes them feel superior or that they are better people than they actually are, which is the motivator for many, many activities. Remember that Patrick Bateman was a SJW in American Psycho, but remember how much of a racist he was.
>>
>>61358621
>>61358804
same until now
>>
>>61358798
>white liberals
>empathy
>>
>>61358697
I would hardly call posting on social media "bending over backwards"

It's a way to outwardly appear empathetic and forward thinking without any actual emotional or physical labor
>>
>>61358524
But you is Kendrick talking to himself. That whole song is about Kendrick getting smashed and calling himself a piece of shit.
>>
>>61358513
>Mortal Man was fucking garbage tbqh
I was so excited for Sing About Me 2, but I got a shitty 4 minute song with a shitty 8 minute "interview."
I'm still pissed.
>>
>>61358601
LE KEK
HAHA
I LOVE /V/
>>
The real question is when Kendrick inevitably doesn't get AOTY and Taylor ends up getting it, will Kanye get up on stage again and spit some hot fire on her once more?
>>
>>61359176
Oh, I hope so. But probably not considering what almost happened.
>>
>I'm black as the heart of an aryan.
>>
>>61359176
Taylor already won which cancels her out.
>>
>>61358587
Nice false equivalence
>>
>>61358367
The first 30 seconds of Hood Politics are the best art of the album
>>
>>61359946
from the perspective of someone who is the biggest hypocrite of 2015
>>
>>61358629
Okay, the song is fine, I just think the album would be much better without the outro and "i" would have been a great ending. He pulled off the poem throughout and the spoken word at the end of "i" without falling into being overwrought and pretentious, but that fucking outro.

>>61358697
Good intentions, and/or self righteousness, and/or to look good socially.

I'm white but from a black area and while you're right that it seems odd, you get the same thing from the other side. From the black side it looks like "are you being accepting of white people because you're humanitarian or are you trying to kiss as to get ahead?" and the answer depends completely on the person.

Social groups are made up of endlessly varied individuals.
>>
>>61358405
>A satirical image
>A cover for an album that soundly criticizes black culture
>Threatening to black people
lol

If anything I've seen some SJWs calling Kendrick an Uncle Tom for some of his comments and lyrics.
>>
>>61358405
>not noticing 4 women in the crowd
>one's face is covered by a liquor bottle
>another covered by money
>another covered by a gang sign

lol fucking idiots can't into the simplest of observations
>>
I think that niggas is tired of grabbin' shit out the stores and next time it’s a riot there’s gonna be, like, uh, bloodshed for real. I don’t think America know that. I think American think we was just playing and it’s gonna be some more playing but it ain’t gonna be no playing. It’s gonna be murder, you know what I’m saying, it’s gonna be like Nat Turner, 1831, up in this muthafucka. You know what I’m saying, it’s gonna happen
>>
>>61358430
>it's just parodying racism!
an album with this much racial tension doesn't just do it for the sake of parodying something. it doesn't take a fucking genius to realize that album is essential kill whitey-core
>>
Why Does this Gernation hate the police/authority?
That is question I got today...Why does this generation just hate the police. Some people are saying that it is because of rap, and how "glorifies drinking and drug taking" and others are saying that it is because people just have got the wrong idea from the internet. But, I don't really think that these are the reasons why people don't like the police.
>>
Take the news, right now. Tell me how many articles you see about cops doing the wrong things. You can probably find the most recent one, which is the case of 18 Year Old Michael Brown, who was shot in Missouri, in which case the shooter was "punished" with administrative leave, which translate to him being told to "take a break" and still get paid for it. Then, at a vigil for the boy, a few people got roudy and began to have a bit of a riot. The police beat and arrested several people. Look a little bit before that. There a homeless man in New Mexico who was mentally ill and was camping in a place where he was not supposed to be. He was hold a small knife the police "beanbagged" him, he was then shot several times with beanbags, breaking several bones, then a dock was sent after him and he was tased and then died.. While the ACLU said that it was Cruel and Unusual punishment, which is illegal under our Constitutional rights here in the United States, what did the police do? Fire the officers? Give support and help to the family of the man who was attacked and killed? Nope. Look a little farther back, what do you see? More of the same. While some people are saying that these people deserved it, there are several people, like in the case of Michael Brown, the man who was killed, who was totally unarmed. What about Christopher Dorner, who was burned to death. A former police officer who killed other members of the police force. He was held up in a cabin, where he and several members and divisions of law enforcement had a firefight. In this firefight, the police eventually poured gasoline on the cabin, and lit it on fire, thus burning Dorner to death. While some people defended the police by saying "he was a criminal, and deserved it", that is not the case. In this case, he was never given a fair trial. He was also violated constitutionally, because again, that is cruel and unusual punishment, which, again, is illegal. Were they ever fined or fired for their actions?
>>
But, lets take another step back. Lets look at the 1980 and 1990's. Matter of fact, lets look at two of the places where it is the most documented police brutality. California. Better yet, lets look at Long Beach. The place where the Long Beach Riots took place. These were known in history as the Rodney King riots, because they are thought to be believed to be steamed from the beating and killing of Rodney King, a young man who was beaten to death by the L.A.P.D. These men and women, at first were protesting. However, after not too long people got fed up. They started to attack the police. Before long, there was an all out war in the streets of Long Beach. People where bringing all the weapons they owned the streets. Gangs were formed. Already existing gangs like the Bloods and Crips had become even bigger. People of all kinds had become even more angry at what had been going on. People who were not armed with guns were throwing things like rocks and bricks at the police. This went on for a number of days, resulting in many deaths, lots of damages and all kinds of destruction.

So we still ask ourselves. Why do we hate the police so much? Well, look at history, there hasn't been a whole lot of reasons to love them. There hasn't been a whole lot of times where the police have stood up for the rights of the people. There aren't many times where you hear about the police using their weapons for the good of the people. Every time you seem to hear about something with the police, it always seems to be people having bad expireneces with the police.
>>
And that, is my totally unprofessional idea on why it is that today's youth really doesn't like the police, and I hate to say it, but they likely never will with the rate that we are going at, because how are we meant to respect and care for a group of people, who are almost always getting caught doing the wrong thing.
>>
>>61358697
>"I'm not white"
>use of the term "colored people"
sure pal
>>
>>61362008
Vids of cops abusing their power are pretty common. That being said, their prevalence in media and the paranoia it creates is out of proportion to the actual cases.

As always, it's more-so it's that Americans aren't listened to or properly represented by their government and their anger is being misdirected.
>>
>>61362060
These are also only the ones which are covered by the media, which works for and against what you're saying. There are undoubtedly thousands of others cases like this that aren't covered, just like the thousands of cases where they "used their weapons for good".
>>
>>61362186
But this gernation is bad man
>>
>>61362204
preach
>>
>>61362269
So much wrongness in this gernation makes me sick...
>>
>>61358655
Ironic violence. Nice.
>>
>>61362521
Yeah man this gernation is full of violence
>>
>>61358513
this desu
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.